AC Changes

Give us your feedbacks on what you've played on the Test Server.
Please give feedbacks only regarding features you've tested on Test Server that are not present yet on the Main Server.
proeel

Re: AC Changes

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 am

GMbluefire wrote:It was to increase the item curve. There was essentially no difference between a dual class item and the last craftable item. Another goal was to shift shield AC to armor pieces. This would have shrink the gap between one hand and two hand weapon difference. If we undo the AC nerf to shield, we will have to scale back the AC increase to helm and shoes a little.

I agree that ac increase needs scale back, at least to a reasonable damage range.
Okay, the purpose is great but it will require more testing after you update the ac amount
Also i agree that its a good idea to solve the damage output problem on warriors

I may missed something as I havnt have the time to go over everything, correct me if im wrong but on the ac side...

- its a direct buff to single weapon users as well without change in shield ac
(so its not indirect buff to archer, its actually overall buff for all classes)

I dont know the reason why you call the change in shield ac off but something similar you should consider is to change the ac amount of weapons.

- apply negative ac on warrior single hand weapon or thief weapons
(this is the direct difference between one/two hand weapons, without effecting other class, wiz or priest)
Happy Gaming xD

SimpleStupid

Postby SimpleStupid » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm

GMbluefire wrote:It was to increase the item curve. There was essentially no difference between a dual class item and the last craftable item. Another goal was to shift shield AC to armor pieces. This would have shrink the gap between one hand and two hand weapon difference. If we undo the AC nerf to shield, we will have to scale back the AC increase to helm and shoes a little.

There are many good LG parts compare to hand made one, most LG robes are, and weapon ofc.
Keep in mind we dont want the LG items overkill the hand crafted ones, they are more likely a unique set for certain cases, not a set to fit every pk situation.
I agree it needs an adjustment but 20 white ac(its another mantle of covering) directly added is not what you want expcted, it reduces alot physical, even worse, it almost killed wiz class.
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

proeel

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Higher the ac that class get, greater the difference you will have if u add ac to it.

You should really have some difference. Some maybe deserve add more than others.

170 to 190 and 220 to 240 is not the same thing. It indirect effect desire robber ca st (which are essential for some classes to kill) also magic effect as its white ac.

I understand that lg items are suppose to be better than crafted rares but so far the gap is too big. For people who can't really pick anything in quest or cant make it to quest, the only way for them to compete is crafting rares. I just want them to have a fair starting points like others. This ac increase is kind of.... Even with change in shield ac, they just suffered 10 less ac and they probably have to spend more time in game to hunt treasure maps and hopping something good will drop from it because they know they can't compete until they have LG.

And from my experience of attending quests, people that are able to loot something in maze are always those people :greet:
Happy Gaming xD

GMbluefire
Site Admin

Postby GMbluefire » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Like I said, it was a combination of increasing the scaling and shifting AC from shield to armor pieces. If we don't nerf shield AC, we will scale back a little on increasing helm and shoe AC. Another thing to keep in mind is we are wary of introducing too much damage, i.e. force legend weapons. Going from +15 to potentially +80 damage from a d3 weapon is pretty significant. There needs to be testing, hence why we are adding these features to the test server. Please try it out and report back your findings instead of shooting down changes. It helps to validate or invalidate the goals of the intended changes. Much appreciated.

P.S. I forgot to mention critical being reworked also adds to the damage spike. Again, we need to see concrete testing on the test server to validate our findings.

proeel

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 pm

GMbluefire wrote:Like I said, it was a combination of increasing the scaling and shifting AC from shield to armor pieces. If we don't nerf shield AC, we will scale back a little on increasing helm and shoe AC. Another thing to keep in mind is we are wary of introducing too much damage, i.e. force legend weapons. Going from +15 to potentially +80 damage from a d3 weapon is pretty significant. There needs to be testing, hence why we are adding these features to the test server. Please try it out and report back your findings instead of shooting down changes. It helps to validate or invalidate the goals of the intended changes. Much appreciated.

P.S. I forgot to mention critical being reworked also adds to the damage spike. Again, we need to see concrete testing on the test server to validate our findings.

I tested yesterday (i only test archer since thief wont have higher dmg)

with d3 force bow, g19 force without critical

AC 200 = 4300
AC 210 = 3900
AC 220 = 3400
AC 230 = 3000
AC 240 = 2600

Personally, I think priest and wizard should receive damage between 210-220 without critical (more reasonable, 4k+ is too much for them to handle)
but warrior should receive damage at least above 4k (this is done with no ac and full force rares. Warrior should be able to deal 9K damage easy when a ranger isnt wearing any AC rares. Probably 14K+ with critical rares. <== and this insane damage can be done even when a warrior wearing AC rares. It is like 95% unkillable from a ranger point of view. Also current setting, a warrior who wears lg armor and ac rare, can easily have around 220, with new force bow implementation, the damage is still probably around 3400-3500)

-------------------------------------------------------
archer with g19 force g8 critical max luck

**No normal hit, its all EX-fire damage**

AC 200 = 4300 / 6500 +- 300
AC 210 = 3900 / 6100 +- 300
AC 220 = 3400 / 5000 +- 200
AC 230 = 3000 / 4600 +- 200
AC 240 = 2500 / 4000 +- 100

With critical... it range a little bit i have no idea why
Happy Gaming xD

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:42 pm

proeel wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:

Isn't that their motivation?

Edit: gm answered before me

I also think it's to make the idea of using staff more viable. They took AC from shield and put it on dual items so that if players switch to staff they won't lose as much AC as before (just guessing).

well there is no update on staff yet, who know what features are going to be on it
plus the update is this Friday. I been asked by someone to test it out and result is just...WOW...
Unless I missed something, but the ac increase amount is kind of ridiculous

Yea :lol: I always thought the AC nerf to shield and increase in AC in dual items were supposed to go hand-in-hand. One should not be added without the other. Current PK is already dominated by priests/warriors and now I imagine it will be more so.

Return to “[Beta] Feedbacks”