Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Give us your feedbacks on what you've played on the Test Server.
Please give feedbacks only regarding features you've tested on Test Server that are not present yet on the Main Server.
bminickw

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby bminickw » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 pm

SimpleStupid wrote:The reason I quoted my last posts is no one really answered it, instead of making pointless posts over and over. Im willing to discuss the gaming balance in terms of both class and nation, long as its health for the server, and fun to play.

About how to counter curses, like Ed said many times and no one really give much discuss on it. They are really basic counter plays, why dont do it? The new updates for warrior and archer stun is true nightmare, which piercing shieldings. Support mage is not new, I been playing this way for a long time, and its an effective way to help my team to compete. Killing no longer is a priority on my list, buff>curse>kill. Even many people saying curse is OP, but the majority of team fight is still based on warrior and priest, what a sad game.

I will answer then. It's not feasible to carry 20 speed potions, 20 languid potions, 20 enlight potions, when curses get reapplied almost instantly. Healing potions are more valuable in these situations. (Hence why most players bring 2-3 potion characters) This really means, something is wrong. If these potions had a cooldown before curses could get reapplied, it would be beneficial to carry these.

:arrow: I don't carry speed potions. There is always a dedicated pepsier. It's near impossible for me to get away without getting pepsi reapplied instantly.
:arrow: I don't carry enlight potions. (I'm a priest) but if I were another class, I still wouldn't carry them. Healing potions are more valuable.
:arrow: I do carry languid potions. These are the most valuable for me as a priest, so I can cast reflect again. As another class, I would not bother carrying more than a couple. Healing potions are more valuable.

If they had a cooldown, these potions would potentially be more valuable to carry. Requires more awareness, whether you should use them at a given time or not.

Moral of the story: These potions could be utilized more instead of nerfing curses. If knowing that I had these potions, would you bother casting it on me? I think this would be an indirect nerf to curses. My opinion only....
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

proeel

Postby proeel » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:49 pm

The idea behind this Lightening shield and ICE armor is that
Thief and Warriors are BUFFed 24/7. <--- this sounds reasonable to u?
Immobile curse is NOT longer (at least 95% of time) valid on Rangers and Warrior <--- this sounds reasonable to u?
Less need of wizard in fights as curse and pro are not longer fighting priority) <--- this sounds reasonable to u?

In case you didnt realize, with ice shield, Thief is NOW immune to CURSE and Pepsi and able to BLUE enemy 24/7 unstoppable (Also able to learn mirror and luck) <--- this sounds reasonable to u?
Last edited by proeel on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Happy Gaming xD

SimpleStupid

Postby SimpleStupid » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:54 pm

Im a big fun of giving rare pot a duration. This has been suggested before and fell into nowhere im lazy to dig. All those recover pots(languid, enlight, speed etc) should have a 5-8 second immune timer after been used. One charge makes it not that worth to bring for a fight.

To klei, maybe you dont play wiz, I usually bring 20+ speed, 20+ invalid curse, and few languid for most maze fights. Pot char is a must.
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 pm

bminickw wrote:To get back on topic. I think the change to lightning shield and ice armor is NOT the correct way to go. However, I am looking for more discussion on duration of curses. Could these be lowered to help balance things a little more? I think you guys are getting caught up on the argument about lightning shield and ice armor. Let's move the discussion towards curses in general. How could the GMs balance this issue. We all know the curses are OP (I think we all agree) What is the solution?

Ecl -- Read above. I'm starting to think you don't read very well.
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

proeel

Postby proeel » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 pm

bminickw wrote:
Ecl -- Read above. I'm starting to think you don't read very well.

I actually didnt mean to talk to u lol I just quoted you since you guys started to talking about how many of potion to carry '-_-

proeel wrote:The idea behind this Lightening shield and ICE armor is that
Thief and Warriors are BUFFed 24/7. <--- this sounds reasonable to u?
Immobile curse is NOT longer (at least 95% of time) valid on Rangers and Warrior <--- this sounds reasonable to u?
Less need of wizard in fights as curse and pro are not longer fighting priority) <--- this sounds reasonable to u?

In case you didnt realize, with ice shield, Thief is NOW immune to CURSE and Pepsi and able to BLUE enemy 24/7 unstoppable (Also able to learn mirror and luck) <--- this sounds reasonable to u?

this is what i wanted to point out
Happy Gaming xD

jesse

Postby jesse » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:06 pm

I do not agree with directly adding stun immunity to lightning shield/ice armor, although is a good idea in some point. I understand this idea is for giving warrior/ thief a self buff protection, however, implementing this would break the team pvp system, a system that requires team work, getting buffs from team mates, etc. a warrior can cast such high protection to himself is not called a warrior, he is more like a Shaman or paladin in WOW. This can make warrior and thieves too OP, I love the buff as a warrior myself though, but i love the old pvp system more, I just gonna point it out before people start crying about it.

An Alternate route I suggest: make it as lv4 lighting armor and ice armor, but it has really high requirement:only for warrior/archer/thief who dual Mage/priest, it should also require a large amount of int/wis invested, you cannot have full CON as lordknight and corsair, people who has the warrior Ac symbol cannot use them. this buff should not come free, not for all warrior and thieves. You gotta pay something for it.

SimpleStupid

Postby SimpleStupid » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:13 pm

jesse wrote:
An Alternate route I suggest: make it as lv4 lighting armor and ice armor, but it has really high requirement:only for warrior/archer/thief who dual Mage/priest, it should also require a large amount of int/wis invested, you cannot have full CON as lordknight and corsair, people who has the warrior Ac symbol cannot use them. this buff should not come free, not for all warrior and thieves. You gotta pay something for it.

Solid. Like it.
Could be a good uodate in tge future combine with symbol rework.
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:56 am

the only class that really benefit from this change will be :
1. warrior with lightning skill tree
2. thief

since they will be able to use ex after ice/lightnig shield is active, archer on the other hand, unless they use the bug [which require strict timing]

thief can't use pepsi anymore after having ice shield activated.
and ice shield/lightning shield effect will gradually worn off base on the number of hit u have taken, and u wouldn't know [when it is gone] like other protection magic like sfd and pro, and also it doesn't have very long duration compare to other spell mentioned

it doesn't really take away the meta where u still have to wait for priest/wizard to buff you, and those who keep emphasizing on [curse spells had to be utilized by all mean], u forgot about Divine curse , which can screw up these shield skills easily
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

Return to “[Beta] Feedbacks”