Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Give us your feedbacks on what you've played on the Test Server.
Please give feedbacks only regarding features you've tested on Test Server that are not present yet on the Main Server.
User avatar
bminickw
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby bminickw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:36 pm

- Lightning Shield now protects from Stun & Blind.
- Ice Shield now protects from Stun & Blind

Thoughts??? Anyone???
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

Metalarg
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby Metalarg » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:24 pm

nice! go ON!! and lets try to implement to chek what happend

PD: i have to confess that i hate that spell :angry:

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:33 pm

thoughts:

I strongly disagree another other class that outside of wizard/priest are able to buff themselves.
It unbalance the original spells (Pro, SFD, Anti-curse)
There is a reason why one prevents slow, another prevents blind and finally, one prevent everything but left you defenseless
it balance out fights and your CHOICES of play style.

But HOWEVER,

this implementation is not useful in game because it does not prevent STONE.
(unless you get a wizard that will remove stone 24/7, no one will use this)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I dont see WHY this is an issue or a need to be an update.
1. Stun can be prevent by all protection magic (if you have no buff, and you walk into a fight. That is just pure stupid)

2. Blind... like i said, you can simply get a PRO or Anti-Curse. It is not NOT-PREVENTABLE. It is just your choices.
Happy Gaming xD

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 pm

If this skill actually prevent all immobile spells, this will just unbalance things more and more.

Most importantly, lower the needs for diversity of team fights.
(which I think is already a problem in current setting)
Happy Gaming xD

ArabianArrow
Posts: 2016
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby ArabianArrow » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 pm

I don't like it. Maybe the GMs can share their reasoning behind this change so we can understand their perspective.

User avatar
bminickw
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby bminickw » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:26 pm

proeel wrote:thoughts:

I strongly disagree another other class that outside of wizard/priest are able to buff themselves.


What about Thief/Archer using reflect/luck/sfd?
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby proeel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 pm

bminickw wrote:What about Thief/Archer using reflect/luck/sfd?


1. Ranger/Warrior cant use skill until self-cast sfd is completely gone.

2. Luck is the same effect of stroke.(it does not effect immobile spells)

3. Mirror only hard counters to life drain. (you still need someone to buff you, its just like anti-curse for few mins)
- one min of cooldown vs instantly refresh of lighting/ice shield
- even with high grade rares, the duration is only 4-5 mins max,
- and, LD is not the only way for a priest to kill an opponent

- Lastly, I look at it from a team fight point of view, NOT 1vs1. It may has a great influence to a priest under a 1vs1 situation but overall in team fight, it is not a major problem.







And to add on, not only rangers can learn mirror and luck
Warrior can also, it is just matter of choices you made in your build
.
Happy Gaming xD

Metalarg
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby Metalarg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:36 am

proeel wrote:thoughts:

I strongly disagree another other class that outside of wizard/priest are able to buff themselves.
It unbalance the original spells (Pro, SFD, Anti-curse)
There is a reason why one prevents slow, another prevents blind and finally, one prevent everything but left you defenseless
it balance out fights and your CHOICES of play style.

But HOWEVER,

this implementation is not useful in game because it does not prevent STONE.
(unless you get a wizard that will remove stone 24/7, no one will use this)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I dont see WHY this is an issue or a need to be an update.
1. Stun can be prevent by all protection magic (if you have no buff, and you walk into a fight. That is just pure stupid)

2. Blind... like i said, you can simply get a PRO or Anti-Curse. It is not NOT-PREVENTABLE. It is just your choices.


i cant catch your point, come and give feedback without knowing how some things working, seems that you imagine in your mind and then you come and give your opinion about your imagination (well you have a good capacite for imagine xD) i would recommend that fist you go beta test server, TEST, come with numbers and then propose, couse give feedback without knowing mechanics could end in something bad for the server, if you care a bit for that make things right, took note, share the notes, share the numbers and ill follow your arguments as well.

-icing armor and lighting shield didnt give the defense that proc and sfd give «ligthing shield (34-37%) icing armor (26-29%) vs proc (50%) SFD (50% or above, page says 60%) you have protection aganist blind and stun, but you sacrifice defense and you continue vulnerable aganist the life drain which its a a potion consume damage for sure, thats without mention that icing shield and lighting shield dont have the lenght of a buff of a priest with buff set, or a wizard with a buff set, in wich case you have to recast the spell and make that in battle pepsied make a big disvantage too, also you are already in disvatage aganist a guy with a propetly buff, i saw this change like a chance to move until you can find a buffer, but not a skill to be used all team fight, since requiered many amounts of refresh.

proeel wrote:2. Luck is the same effect of stroke.(it does not effect immobile spells)


absolutely wrong.... luck pass throught candle agility.

stroke candle continue give miss hits aganist a target that use agility candle, so luck its better ;) go beta and test yourself! and stop post wrong data here plz.

proeel wrote:3. Mirror only hard counters to life drain. (you still need someone to buff you, its just like anti-curse for few mins)
- one min of cooldown vs instantly refresh of lighting/ice shield
- even with high grade rares, the duration is only 4-5 mins max,
- and, LD is not the only way for a priest to kill an opponent


-not only hard counters life drain, make you inmune aganist all 95% of the curses effects for those 4-5 mins max, and if you wear icing armor you are inmune to ANY SLOW IN GAME... in little words with protetly items make archer and thief extremely hard kill and inmune to any curse effect,(and i am not mention that REFLECT CURSE RETURN THE CURSE SPELL TO THE CASTER.. wich means that if a priest land a life drain he literaly kill himself accidentaly AAA i forget also that reflect curse havent got any indicator ^^)

-instantly refresh that you have to constant refresh in battle with the disvantage of defense that you have aganist other targets with SFD and PROC

-"LD is not the only way for a priest to kill an opponent" sure you can use authority of worencha aganist a thief or an archer!!! and wait till CA ST works, or BR works!!! its possible ??? yes, but you have to succes a chain of events that 99% of times didnt happend... maybe on 2030 all that chain happend and archer and thief with luck start to die in this way, but reallity of team fights for now shows that priest in a midle of a team fight have more chance to die with a miss click and a life drain aganist himself of those thiefs or archers.

proeel wrote:- Lastly, I look at it from a team fight point of view, NOT 1vs1. It may has a great influence to a priest under a 1vs1 situation but overall in team fight, it is not a major problem.


"team fight point of view" can you share how many team fights you make on beta server? could be usefull to chek your team fight results with the changes on beta, also could be a good feedback!!!

in the end, i think its a good solution until you find a buff. pretty unpractical as i say to wear it on team fights. and you continue need buff from priest or wizard like Z, so in my opinion its ok, and i am agree with that.

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby proeel » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:19 am

I won't even bother to read in details lol. It's all up to GM to decide. I don't have to explain anything I stated to anyone except gms.

My feedback:
1. I don't like it. Reason stated above.
2. Using mirror or luck as an argument is weak as both warriors and rangers are able to learn.

If someone really feel terrible about immobile curse, go learn mirror. <--- simple as that (the post is about immobile curses. Stay on the topic)
Happy Gaming xD

User avatar
bminickw
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Lightning Shield / Ice Armor

Postby bminickw » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 am

proeel wrote:I won't even bother to read in details lol. It's all up to GM to decide. I don't have to explain anything I stated to anyone except gms.

My feedback:
1. I don't like it. Reason stated above.
2. Using mirror or luck as an argument is weak as both warriors and rangers are able to learn.

If someone really feel terrible about immobile curse, go learn mirror. <--- simple as that (the post is about immobile curses. Stay on the topic)


I have to admit.. your original reasoning was due to not liking the idea of having other class, other than wiz/priest to cast buffs on themself. I just brought up the fact that thief/archer/warrior already do this. You kind of contradicted yourself with your reasoning.

Metal brought up some good points.

One thing to note, If archer were to use ice armor or lightning shield, if he switches to fire, he will lose the physical damage buff, thus making him very vulnerable. Warrior wouldn't have to worry if they were using lightning skills. Thief wouldn't have to worry much if choosing ice armor. This gives some flexibility, and gives more diversity in play styles. Could be interesting, but as you mentioned, I think we would start to see a lot of stonilization going on.

Personally, I think blind is a ridiculous spell anyway, along with stun. I really see no point keeping these spells. Completely ruins the fun in my personal opinion.
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv


Return to “[Beta] Feedbacks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron