Special Letter to the Community

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
TDAKILLER

Re: Special Letter to the Community

Postby TDAKILLER » Tue May 04, 2010 2:18 am

Redim wrote:
TDAKILLER wrote:A Professional GM would not be a player of the game. If they od then the game is seem to be failing or fall.

i agree but only in popular games where the gms get actualy paid for doing there jobs

why would the gms work on a server if they dont get paid and cant play?

In fact, alot of online games are totally free to play now, and alot of those GM get their paid by the players who buy the good items that make from GM.

Omniphix

Postby Omniphix » Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 am

when server back?

Jarlaxle

Postby Jarlaxle » Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 am

I think that you should either run a server or be a player. You can't be both. If you think you can then you're a private server and not a company.

Say I'm the CEO of DRUniverse

1. I'd want at least two coders. So they can take shifts to work on stuff.
2. I'd want a GM for each time zone. I'd also have those GM's actually have scheduled times they MUST be in-game helping players
3. They would get paid from our profit from real money
4. I would only hire people in the same country as me so they can be held by my countries laws if they hack/edit/ or are doing things they shouldn't.
5. I would make them all sign contracts that will hold them legally liable for any damages from their actions.
6. They would not be able to play
7. They would not be able to give out their msn's and let people know of information ahead of time or be fired.

Basically treat how you would any other job with the same basic common sense rules.

Redim

Postby Redim » Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 am

TDAKILLER wrote:
Redim wrote:
TDAKILLER wrote:A Professional GM would not be a player of the game. If they od then the game is seem to be failing or fall.

i agree but only in popular games where the gms get actualy paid for doing there jobs

why would the gms work on a server if they dont get paid and cant play?

In fact, alot of online games are totally free to play now, and alot of those GM get their paid by the players who buy the good items that make from GM.

ya but i doubt they the gms get any money from this server they just pay theyre bills for running the server and saving for later use

feriksson

Postby feriksson » Tue May 04, 2010 3:20 am

very nice job !!!!

gz to the GM team-

balzak

Postby balzak » Tue May 04, 2010 3:29 am

Jarlaxle wrote:I think that you should either run a server or be a player. You can't be both. If you think you can then you're a private server and not a company.

Say I'm the CEO of DRUniverse

1. I'd want at least two coders. So they can take shifts to work on stuff.
2. I'd want a GM for each time zone. I'd also have those GM's actually have scheduled times they MUST be in-game helping players
3. They would get paid from our profit from real money
4. I would only hire people in the same country as me so they can be held by my countries laws if they hack/edit/ or are doing things they shouldn't.
5. I would make them all sign contracts that will hold them legally liable for any damages from their actions.
6. They would not be able to play
7. They would not be able to give out their msn's and let people know of information ahead of time or be fired.

Basically treat how you would any other job with the same basic common sense rules.

6 and 7 dont need to be true
you cant force anyone even if they work with you to not share his personal msn since this is his freedon and he do anything he wants on what is his.. a contract that prevent him from sending confidential information and that say he has to work X hours a day and from hour A to hour B them he only need to follow those rules and everything is fine

you cant prevent him from doing anything any other ppl can do in his free time

ex: world of warcraft, you have a guy that work as support when he is at work it is common sense that he wont be playing since he need to work but you will violete his rights if you try to prevent him from playing at all at the servers he works in.. he can do wathever he wants in his free time and the same applies to everyone else, he can tell everyone who he is but do you know this probably never happens? because he wants to play and not work while he is in his free time so he doesnt want anyone making questions and asking him when he will do X or Y or anything like that at all...
Yllse - Kerri - Fencer

lovecatcat

Postby lovecatcat » Tue May 04, 2010 4:59 am

Im only read..

And my conclution is: The gms are human, and can fail in some desitions..
But, the Rules writhe the 1st day before open the server..
And who lvling afk know the rules..

BUT.

The gms fail in some desition and dont want tell: Im errate in this desition..
(example my char).

But, this game no is mine, no is the players.. is the Gms team, if they want CLOSE the server for nothing, only for dont want job more in this game.
And all R.E the ppl buy.. go Claim in temple of Zyper..

"Edelweroi of cosmos and the R.E storm"

Maybe the Pope return the money..

Is sample.. NewRaja, DR-INT, previous servers, OLD MY, all close one day..
Here to coming one day..

But they can play for now..

Stop said: Gms corruptes.. I dont think so, but I want see the gms team chek again diferents cases..
And Unbanned who take a icorrect bann.

See you.. and Take care ppl, this only is a Game.. no is real Life.. THE GMS ARE HUMAN TOO, and CAN ERRATE.

J.Sang

Postby J.Sang » Tue May 04, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks to the GMs team, we could play DR.
Without them, there will be no DR for any one.
Creating negative commends against each other aren't gonna make any improvements.
No matter how horrid the GMs could be if they wanna be(not that that are), don't forget we are still here playing thanks to their presence. =]

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 am

J.Sang wrote:Thanks to the GMs team, we could play DR.
Without them, there will be no DR for any one.
Creating negative commends against each other aren't gonna make any improvements.
No matter how horrid the GMs could be if they wanna be(not that that are), don't forget we are still here playing thanks to their presence. =]

wow hey :D you're back. Haven't seen you since you fled the Yllse throne room on NR!

J.Sang

Postby J.Sang » Tue May 04, 2010 11:09 am

Was there a throne room? O_O
It was embarassing, school started as soon as I was elected as yllse king and I couldn't play much. =="
I'm graduated from schools now but working in rl, so I'll be semi-active. xD

Long time no see LP. xD

Return to “General Chat”