Recent events and the future of Dragon Raja

Here will be posted every news regarding the server.
GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Recent events and the future of Dragon Raja

Postby GMSignPainter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 am

Dear Players,

As you may have noticed, activity from the GM Team has been very low recently. No event, update taking forever to get released, tickets not being answered, etc...
I know a lot of you have been very concerned about this and were thinking the server was dead or was going to close. Don't worry, it's not. But truth is, I have been lacking a lot of motivation recently due to real life events and I needed to rest.

Although things are getting better and I will get work done again soon, these are the risks when you're almost the only person capable of maintaining the server (I still have a team behind me but they mostly help me with design and decisions, I am the only one taking care of the code and tickets, with the occasional help of Finito). And the recent dismissal of GMBlissful due to inactivity isn't helping.
So if anyone feels like helping with any of these, feel free to contact me.

But anyway, I am trying to get things going again and I have recruited two news GMs to handle events. I will introduce them to you all very soon.
I will also take care of the tickets very soon and I will offer somekind of compensation to those who have been waiting for a long time. I will also try to release the latest update as soon as possible and offer some days of triple (or even quadrulple) experience to everyone.

Now, about the future of Dragon Raja Global. I am trying to recruit people to help me with code and tickets (feel free to apply through Forum PM or reach me on Discord).

Other than that, most of you probably noticed how hard it is to keep a steady population on the Server.
When I released the D5 update, we reached over 200+ concurrent characters, which was amazing. However, that number soon droped off and it's hard to keep up with updates to please everyone (especially when you are the only programmer in the team).

So I have tried talk to as much people as I could to ask them what they would want changed in Dragon Raja and what they enjoy. At first, I got feedbacks from people just saying they only enjoyed the PvP (which I think is the case for majority of the players) and wanted an high rate server. However, some players would just like more events but still the ability to grind things in order to have a sense of progression.
So I have been thinking and debating with my team about what we could and should do.
While the possibility of high rate has been seriously discussed and considered, we believe this wouldn't suit all players (especially since some enjoy the grind). However, we do believe it shouldn't take months for someone to reach a competitive level and grind good gear. To satisfy both playerbases, we are thinking about making it much easier and faster to reach D3 as well as grind gear.

Also, we believe most of what makes this game interesting is the population, which has always been hard to keep steady. We know a lot of Asian players stopped playing because of latency issues (the Server is located in Canada).
So we would like to try something about that. We rented a server in Singapore that we originally planned to be used as a proxy to reduce latency for Asian players. Unfortunately it never really came to reality because it was not really much of an improvement. However, we still have that server and we would like to use it to test something. We would like to move Dragon Raja Global there, at least temporarily, and see if it attracts Asian players. If this test succeeds, DRG will then permanently reside there and we will use the current server as a proxy for North American and South American players if needed.

So, to summarize a bit, we would like to attract the asian players and make it easier for new players to reach a competitive level. We are welcoming any suggestion that you think would improve the server as well. I am also open to discussion on Discord with any of you as long as discussion remains civilized.

Again, I am sorry for the long inactivity and the wait.

To a brighter future for Dragon Raja !

Regards,

-the Sign Painter

GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Re: Recent events and the future of Dragon Raja

Postby GMSignPainter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 am

Side-note : What I said about making it easier to reach Dual 3 and grind rare is only a possibility we thought about. Same for moving the server to Asia.
If you guys think there are better ways, please let us know, we welcome any constructive suggestion.

Return to “Server News”