Mantle of Covering(Orange) VS Mantle of Raja(Gold)!

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
kit8989

Mantle of Covering(Orange) VS Mantle of Raja(Gold)!

Postby kit8989 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:43 am

Hello, Mantle of Covering(Orange) VS Mantle of Raja(Gold)!
Mantle of Raja(Gold) hv All + 5 and HP+3600 effect!
But Mantle of Covering(Orange) just hv AC+20 effect!!
But why Mantle of Covering is more expensive and more ppl to use!!
I need some powerful or old player to answer me!!
Thank you all!
~~God Bless You All~~

DragonRaja-Kingdom~
DragonRaja-Kingdom~God of Arena
GamEKinG (dual Class 4 wizard)
Screw (first dual class 4 in yllse)
FunGandTinG (dual class 2 warrior)

täisdibla

Re: Mantle of Covering(Orange) VS Mantle of Raja(Gold)!

Postby täisdibla » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Those stats are a small bonus and plain +3600hp will give less survivability as you have more and more total life where as 20 white defensepower will give you more survivability the more life and defense you already have.

The defense cape reduces both physical and spell damage and it's effectiveness grows as your life and total armorclass increases.

For example 3AC=1% physical damage reduction so 20 AC = about 6.6% physical damage reduction. Lets say you have 36000 HP and you use the HP cape when you have 120 AC. You will have 39600 HP and your survivability will have been increased by 10%.
Now with the AC cape.. you already had 40% reduction with 120 AC. Add 20 more AC and it will become 140, resulting in 46.6%. <= thx to Titus for pointing out my mistake
Before you took about 60% damage without any defensive spell, now you take 53.4%. 100% - 53.4/60 x 100% = 11% less damage.
That's a bigger benefit, no?

Let's say you have 62000 life to begin with. Then the mantle of raja will only increase your survivability by 5% whereas the mantle of covering would still increase it by 11% ( and more if you have higher AC to begin with ).
And that is just talking physical damage. Against spell damage white defense seems to be even more effective.

It's just simple math.
Last edited by täisdibla on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titus

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi, just a few words :

täisdibla wrote:Now with the AC cape.. you already had 40% reduction with 120 AC. Add 20 more AC and it will become 140, resulting in 56.6%.
46.6%

I think you should analice what happend with a low life player. Example: 15.000HP

It's just simple math.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:56 pm

whoa... my bad '-_- the calculations still apply though.

There's no need to analyze more. It's clear that the mantle of raja is good but it doesn't scale well into lategame whereas mantle of covering does. Mostly only hardcore players who want to get high level&dualclass ( which means higher life ) get mantles anyway so they go for the Mantle of Covering.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:57 pm

When i calculated i got
1ac = 0,72% Spell resist
1ac = 0,56% Physical resist

you can do the math :)

Edit: i tested with shield, i can also test with mantle but i think no difference..

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Thomas wrote:When i calculated i got
1ac = 0,72% Spell resist

Edit: i tested with shield, i can also test with mantle but i think no difference..

You need to do comparisons 1ac vs <amount of ac> not 100 ac vs 134 for example '-_-
This is because the armor and damage reduction gain is linear.
With your calculations we would end up with 123% physical reduction with 220 AC <><> start over again :|

kit8989

Postby kit8989 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Thank You for answer my question!!
According to your answer, Many people think Mantle of Covering is better!!
I want to ask some question!!
The effect of Mantle of Covering is +20AC or any other(such as+HP)??
~~God Bless You All~~

DragonRaja-Kingdom~
DragonRaja-Kingdom~God of Arena
GamEKinG (dual Class 4 wizard)
Screw (first dual class 4 in yllse)
FunGandTinG (dual class 2 warrior)

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:59 pm

The idea of one mantle being better than the other is kind of stupid because it depends on your class, equipment, and situation. For why most people prefer the Mantle of Covering over Mantle of Raja, there's many reasons. (listed in no order)

1. people are obsessed with this idea of being "AC capped". This means that people want that 210 AC then to push it higher and the only way to do is with "white AC" items.
2. HP at higher levels doesn't mean too much. At higher levels, most chars have over 30K hp. Adding another 3.6K doesn't make a major difference in their eyes when some players can easily hit you 20K+ per attack.
3. At higher levels, monsters and players just do a lot more damage. Monsters in VD1 generally do 4K damage per hit for a player with average AC. When you're tanking, you're generally tanking 5-10 of them at once AND the damage comes faster than the healer can cast (excluding the idea that the healer has wise rares). So raw numbers shows that if you can get healed every single attack, having more HP might be better. In the long run, if you can't get healed all that hp back, I'd say AC is better.
4. At higher levels, you don't need the +5 all stat bonus from the mantle. At D3/D4, you have enough stats to learn all your spells and wear all your items and max ENDU/CON. So pretty much, if you're going to use a +hp mantle, just buy the normal +3600 hp mantle and save a ton of RE.
5. You can also ask yourself, why do players wear AC rares instead of Life rares? G5 Life is +2526HP and G5 Hardest is +28AC AC. It's a similar concept.

Honestly, it depends on your situation. The difference isn't HUGE by any means. But it's kind of like, why do people make G10 rares instead of stop at G9 when it's SO SO much more work? It's like tiny hair of a difference that people push for.

BUT you are 100% correct that at lower levels (under level 100) the mantle of raja is better. At end-game, mantle of covering is better.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:28 pm

The difference will be huge when reaching high levels, otherwise LP is right about everything (Y)

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

täisdibla wrote:
Thomas wrote:When i calculated i got
1ac = 0,72% Spell resist

You need to do comparisons 1ac vs <amount of ac> not 100 ac vs 134 for example '-_-
This is because the armor and damage reduction gain is linear.
With your calculations we would end up with 123% physical reduction with 220 AC <><> start over again :|

You wanted to say non linear or exponential i think, 1ac 0,5% is invalid then aswell...
Anyway i tested in field of ac 80-120 and got these results..

Return to “Tips & Tricks”