Warrior Weapons Analysis

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
doctorzais

Re: Warrior Weapons Analysis

Postby doctorzais » Sat May 22, 2010 9:24 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:
doctorzais wrote:ok laser Double sword in item mall (which has almost the same stats as D3) also showing 275-279 with 14 def

i dunno if I would call it useless if this were the case, the base damage is almost the same as double mace

If you're right and the base damage is 275~279, that's still lower than the damage of double mace. It's just a smaller difference but my statement still holds. Double mace and Double sword would be nearly identical but mace is lightly better in attack so I would still say double sword in useless. Plus laser double sword is ice type which still makes double mace superior with it's lightning defense and fencing's fire defense.

the avg damage would be the same

double mace is 273-281
double sword is 275-279
both avg 277 damage

but, tbh it is nitpicking, both are viable for 2 hand builds

laser weapon better for double mace but there is lore and status in holding a 2h sword

what needs to buffed is Dragonslayer 2h sword because it is way weaker than Dragonslayer 2h mace even though they are supposed to be the same

btw the most up to date info is http://www2.atwiki.jp/dragonraja/

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat May 22, 2010 9:27 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:I would still say double sword in useless.

:roll:

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sun May 23, 2010 12:53 am

Well in end-game, it's those hits that land the upper max and critical damage that kill. If you're fighting an experienced player, they should be able to pot almost all hits that don't 1 shot them.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Sun May 23, 2010 2:00 am

I always choose weapons by their look unless I'm going SW ( then I get grapple ofc )
Yea sure some weapons are better, but it all comes down to what you make of each of them.

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Sun May 23, 2010 2:05 am

But you are a casual player. I have nothing against that, but it's just not the same type of play. Many of us will work hours to hit 2 dammage more.

Shayne

Postby Shayne » Sun May 23, 2010 8:40 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:For 2 hand weapons: dbl mace, dbl sword, fencing
If you don't take into account the sword and roses skill, dbl mace is far superior to all other double handed weapons. It has about 20 more attack AND defense than double sword. It has about 20 more attack than fencing. PLUS taking into account that double mace has a lightning laser, double sword is USELESS.

This information is inaccurate. Both double sword and double mace add the same 14 defense. Double sword has a higher minimum damage by 2, and Double mace has a higher maximum damage by 2. The average damage is exactly the same. The main difference is their elemental attributes, double sword being ice (useless for now) and double mace being lightning (useful later on). Since they have the same damage, and add the same defense, players that choose double sword do so for the look (since it is very sexy) and players that choose double mace usually do so for the elemental attribute or because they personally prefer the look.

LadyPhoenix wrote:Piercing D3 + attack mantle: 256~283 Attack + 41 Defense Average Damage:269.5
2hand Mace D3 + Defense mantle: 273~281 Attack + 34 Defense Average Damage:277

At D3 the average of the 2hand mace surpasses that of the piercing weapon but the max damage of peircing is superior to that of the 2hand mace.

Since Piercing D3 + attack mantle has a higher maximum damage AND a higher maximum defense, I suppose you could say that there is no point in using a double weapon, according to your guide.

Also, you could include the fact that 1h Mace has higher damage than 1h sword. At D3, 1h Mace damage is 215~219 while 1h Sword damage is 215~217. This means in terms of damage, 1h Mace is the obvious choice. However, more players still choose 1h Sword over 1h Mace because of the looks, among other reasons. 1h Mace and 1h Shield aren't entirely useless as you say. 1h Sword and 1h Mace allow warriors to utilize more than 1 weapon, and equip 2h Sword and 2h Mace since the stats required are the same. This makes it useful since the warrior can use which ever weapon is best suited for the situation. For example, switch to the higher damage of a double sword vs a priest or mage, and switch back to the defence of a 1h + shield in a gangbang situation or coupled with some counter rares against a really strong archer or thief. This makes the playing style of a 1h Sword or Mace alot more flexible when compared to a Piercer. You can also say that Piercing is also able to equip grapple (since the STR requirements are the same) but the damage potential isn't as high as a 1h + 2h wep user.

(Y)
Zero Tolerance

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sun May 23, 2010 2:52 pm

I thought they changed the 2h axe d3 to +15movp? Maybe my info is outdated then. But I still stand by my argument that having higher max damage makes a bigger difference in PvP.

That is true about being able to change weapons between 1h mace/sword but the fact of the matter is, it's hard enough getting 200 tt 1h sword. Almost no one will go out of their way to get 200 1h sword AND 2h sword. That "additional damage" from the 2h sword will be obsolete if the weapon tt of the 1h sword is higher by about 3 tactics.

Also if you look at end-game, you have plenty of points to put into str/con if you so desire to in order to wear both piercing d3 and any other weapon d3 (not just grapple)

HolyHell

Postby HolyHell » Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 pm

(since it is very sexy)
:love:
ImageLets kick some ass and drink some potions ^_~! schizphrenic psycho

Shayne

Postby Shayne » Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:I thought they changed the 2h axe d3 to +15movp? Maybe my info is outdated then. But I still stand by my argument that having higher max damage makes a bigger difference in PvP.

Why do you say that?

LadyPhoenix wrote:That is true about being able to change weapons between 1h mace/sword but the fact of the matter is, it's hard enough getting 200 tt 1h sword. Almost no one will go out of their way to get 200 1h sword AND 2h sword. That "additional damage" from the 2h sword will be obsolete if the weapon tt of the 1h sword is higher by about 3 tactics.

Who says you need 200 tt of both. With the right rares, its unnecessary to have high 1h sword. You can just have 200 2h sword and like i said, use the additional defense from the 1h sword and shield with the right rares to own archers/ thieves. A higher 1h tactic by 3 does not make 2h obsolete. Where are you getting this info?

LadyPhoenix wrote:Also if you look at end-game, you have plenty of points to put into str/con if you so desire to in order to wear both piercing d3 and any other weapon d3 (not just grapple)

That's true but not everyone plans for end game. Server might end before then (God forbid).
Zero Tolerance

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sun May 23, 2010 6:33 pm

I got my info from the zybyzy website that closed and that's what they had the 2h axe stats listed as.

3 more tt in 1h sword/axe would equal the damage of 2h sword/axe with 3 less tt. 3 tt is about +300 damage/+30 attack power.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”