Advertisement

Suggestions that are approved will be moved here
Ipwn_

Advertisement

Postby Ipwn_ » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:06 pm

I think its the general consensus of the population that one of the main problems with this server is its lack of population. We haven't done much to fix the problem, and I'm sure there are things we could at least try to see if they work, namely advertisement. You have all seen those pictures from Chinese servers where they literally have hundreds of players online. I think If we tried to advertise some in Asia, we will begin to see a sudden increase in server population. The advertisements would also soon pay for themselves with RE that new players would be buying in order to obtain mantles, dbl exp pills, etc. I see no reason to not advertise in an area that has had such a large dr server.

Thanks for reading,
iPwn

Dragonrajashop

Re: Advertisement

Postby Dragonrajashop » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Symtex

pepex

Postby pepex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:22 am

as dragonrajashop mention there are more important things to do before advertisement, i would olso add an improvment in the low-mid lv expirience (fun factor), GM cant expect people to join the game and endure the grind with nothing else than a promise that when ever they get to high lv the game will be more fun (pvp).

is all about first impression: if the early-mid game is nice and people are having fun they will get hooked and play it more, if the game seems like a huge grind with nothing else than a distant promise of fun well they wont stay.

sillon

Postby sillon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:52 am

Ipwn_ wrote:I think its the general consensus of the population that one of the main problems with this server is its lack of population. We haven't done much to fix the problem, and I'm sure there are things we could at least try to see if they work, namely advertisement. You have all seen those pictures from Chinese servers where they literally have hundreds of players online. I think If we tried to advertise some in Asia, we will begin to see a sudden increase in server population. The advertisements would also soon pay for themselves with RE that new players would be buying in order to obtain mantles, dbl exp pills, etc. I see no reason to not advertise in an area that has had such a large dr server.

Thanks for reading,
iPwn

So far the best suggestion, advertise on asia. We are sure this should work and will bring a decent amount of new players. (Y)

Fathertime67

Postby Fathertime67 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 pm

pepex wrote:as dragonrajashop mention there are more important things to do before advertisement, i would olso add an improvment in the low-mid lv expirience (fun factor), GM cant expect people to join the game and endure the grind with nothing else than a promise that when ever they get to high lv the game will be more fun (pvp).

is all about first impression: if the early-mid game is nice and people are having fun they will get hooked and play it more, if the game seems like a huge grind with nothing else than a distant promise of fun well they wont stay.

Why should GMs waste their time trying to create quests for low levels? If the population were to increase, there would be parties and such. We lvled without special treatment. The exp is already fast enough.
Blake

pepex

Postby pepex » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:01 am

Fathertime67 wrote:Why should GMs waste their time trying to create quests for low levels? If the population were to increase, there would be parties and such. We lvled without special treatment. The exp is already fast enough.

sir noob decide to try the game, after a couple of days of ork smashing he decide he whants to have something else, some pvp so he joins a war. after runing around in the battlefield he encounter his first enemy, a guy with a blak name. in less of a second that guy hit him so hard that sir noob owner (the player) fell from his chair, after resurrecting sir noob goes to city and ask when will his char be as strong as the guy of the black name, the aswer didnt take long "keep grinding noob keep grinding".

long story short we are talking about people that are giving a try to the game, they need to have fun. conside they dont know how to grind effectively and that they wont be buying exp pills till they get hooked. the increase in numbers of players and as a result partys is mainly based on the capacity of the game to retain the playerbase i realy doubt they will grind all the way to d1+ becouse of a fancy advertisment.

olso what makes you think i whant an increase in exp rates or quest that gives exp? what i am asking is for more content where low and mid players can have fun in contained environment: tournaments, quest, more snow wars, etc..
things to keep them interested in the game while they lv up.

kador

Postby kador » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Fathertime67 wrote:Why should GMs waste their time trying to create quests for low levels? If the population were to increase, there would be parties and such. We lvled without special treatment. The exp is already fast enough.

Old friend, this is not to make them level fastter. Its to make them have more fun.
They might make quests that would require the same amount of time and reward the same amount of exp as if they were leveling.
Its just another way to do stuff. Leveling gets boring after some time. Makes you feel like a robot :?
Be the change you wanna see to the world.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

kador wrote:

Old friend, this is not to make them level fastter. Its to make them have more fun.
They might make quests that would require the same amount of time and reward the same amount of exp as if they were leveling.
Its just another way to do stuff. Leveling gets boring after some time. Makes you feel like a robot :?

Yeah and that's why I'm still D3, I refuse to feel like a robot. :)

Anyway newbies are our future, like it or not. All old players eventually grow out of this game. Low-mid level content needs a lot of focus so we have high levels later on.

Return to “Approved”