Massive DR Video Collaboration[Everyone read]

Post artwork, screenshots or videos of Dragon Raja here!

This is a temporary poll for the collaboration idea.

Yes, let's do this thing people!
74%
No, this is useless and I am too lazy to participate anyway.
26%

Total votes: 31

täisdibla

Massive DR Video Collaboration[Everyone read]

Postby täisdibla » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Hello all of you DR global players out there, I am here to ask for all of you to give me a helping hand and here's why:
I'm gonna start a new project called "DR 2010 Promotional Video"
The aim of this project is going to be to get as much players as possible to get playing on the new server.
We will need a project manager or even a few, and I would prefer if that is not me as I'm not very active, I'm also lazy and it takes ages for me to get things done.

This is going to be a long multi-part video with clips from all kinds of different players.
The idea is that we are gonna make a series of decent clips of gameplay, with good music added in them OR very high quality sound from ingame( an added track would still be nice) and then upload them to multiple video sites like for example youtube and x-fire.
We create a new account on each site for the project manager. People trusted by the manager can be allowed access to the account to upload videos through it.
Then we will start recording clips and editing them. Old videos which are approved by the community can also be used in the series( take me for example I don't want to see supergirl dancing around in SW, I wan't to see massive pk,wars,lvling and teamwork)
Next we will upload them to the site, lets take youtube for example:
We have to choose a good clip to start off with, then add annotations in the video with links to the next clips in the video series.
Each time you upload a video, you will have to modify the project manager about what you're going to upload and then make sure you link it right( you will have to add your video link to the previous video, someonewhere as an annotation ). If you did something horribly wrong, the manager will just remove your video from the account and annotations.
If you are not trusted, you will have to use an account of your own, and then message someone who has access to the manager's account to annotate-link your video into the chain)
The videos mustn't be too short nor too long, and they can't be of exactly the same thing( if they are, they have to be very very interesting to watch ) and must hypnotize the viewer to continue watching on with the chain of videos.

That was just for youtube, it will be different for each site and we will have to work it out.

That was just STEP 1 of the plan.
Now comes STEP 2: Advertising
Everyone who has the time, brains, resources etc. can help advertise the videos and thus advertising the server, luring in more players.
Also take these steps when uploading a video: Make the title catchy, add ALOT of tags( even if you add some that are barely related to DR or not related to all, it's ok) and link to other sites in describtion or in annotations for example on youtube.
Post about DR global in all kinds of different forums you visit in a section where it's allowed or in the offtopic section. That is free and helps more than you might think.
bla bla bla more information to come soon
STEP 3(FANTASY): We will have gained so much players and made the server so famous, that so we can finally get officially enlisted as a game on a site like x-fire or some other big site again.

If you want to participate in this project, make a reply here.
If you want to apply to be the manager or one of them for the project, add that in your reply aswell and we will later do a potential voting( a poll AND replies will all be considered when choosing).

I will keep this thread updated when I feel like it, meanwhile I ask you to please think deeply about this and join in.
I cannot do this alone and for the moment this is just an idea and it can be improved!

edit: You can advertise and/OR upload videos, you don't have to do both if you sign up, but you can if you want ofcourse :)

I'll make 3 lists:
Project Manager(s):
  • täisdibla

Video uploaders:
  • Elvawien
  • täisdibla
  • David

Advertisers:
  • Tensu
  • täisdibla
  • ArabianArrow

Good videos that you can use:
Dragon Raja (1024x768) - By Elvawien ... You can find lower quality versions of the video in his channel if you need them.
Dragonraja MV (GM version)
Ancient Dragon Raja Guide (v 0.69)
Dragon Raja war!!
JCT Dragon Raja 坦龍非官方宣傳片(2009)
Dragon Raja war clip2 part 1

Wizard Class - By david, a bit dark but otherwise ok
good ol'times - By david, great west glade PK with a D1 thief

Random videos by me xD:
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #1
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #2
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #3
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #4
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #5
Dragon Raja - A New Beginning #6
Dragon Raja - Moonwalkin'
Dragon Raja Guard Killing
Last edited by täisdibla on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Tensu

Re: Massive DR Video Collaboration[Everyone read]

Postby Tensu » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 pm

i'd like to help advertise on gaming forums
SpyRoS
Spiritus

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Tensu wrote:i'd like to help advertise on gaming forums

excellent, but you won't be participating in the video making?
Anyway currently there is a list of vids I posted as worth linking to in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=778 Use these or find some better ones if you must for the meantime because we haven't started the project yet and no videos.

Basically what I'm saying is you can start with the advertising already, I have done it quite a bit already, quietly but effectively :P

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 am

i also started advertising already on some of the bigger mmo forums

and about the vid's, i'm not that good at editting vids yet..
SpyRoS
Spiritus

elvawien

Postby elvawien » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 am

I am gonna try making a vid and upload it so you can edit/mix it with others ;p .. would be good to have a bit more ppl online too ;p ..

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Excellent tensu&AA! I looked at ur threads AA they look awesome, you're not even giving them a chance to diss the game :lol:
Also I can't wait to see what you come up with Elvawien.
Anyone here interested in leading the project and taking it to a new level? I just came up with the idea. You can vote for anyone but it's best if they volunteer first.

P.S I have a pretty good idea on who voted no :)

elvawien

Postby elvawien » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Wanna get videos ;p ? wanna have fun before beta ends ? help us and help yourself :P... vote ! viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2009&p=25645#p25645

P.S.
Maybe thanks to that there will be more Video uploaders ( that would be good ;p)

Atlantis

Postby Atlantis » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm

If you want good video go to yllse and take it theres alot of people on there. we got all of zypern and yllse in town every afternoon.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:03 pm

I am in Yllse - -

Return to “Media”