Treasure Maps

Give us your feedbacks on what you've played on the Test Server.
Please give feedbacks only regarding features you've tested on Test Server that are not present yet on the Main Server.
ArabianArrow
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby ArabianArrow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:14 am

proeel wrote:adding more unique items will just distant more new players

adding drops that are within reasonable range is good but outside of that range, it will just distant people and make them feel harder to catch up
(referring those that are new & old players waiting for new content to come back to play)

Sorry friend, but this logic is extremely flawed. The point of adding more ways to get unique items is to close the distance between new players and old players. There are already players who have valuable rings and gemboxes, this is a fact. So these new players you speak of are already distanced. Therefore, adding these treasure maps will only shorten the gap between them. I can't imagine a new/old player saying "no thanks, I don't want the opportunity to catch up to current players' itemization." Hell, lets not release the legend rework since it would only distance new/old players even more, right?. :D

What you're saying is equivalent to saying 'Enabling TT leaching at level 150 will just distant people and make them feel harder to catch up'. These players that you speak of are the very same people who want TT leaching at 150 (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24218). This is why I think your reasoning is flawed. And judging from the tone of your post and the baseless statements, I am going to assume you have valuable rings/boxes and don't want others to catch up. Am I wrong, Ecl?

proeel wrote:how many new players have been bullied and left

Hmm I'm confused. What does this have to do with treasure maps?

proeel wrote:"end game content" sure is important but once you reach the limit, you will just keep asking for more.

Well yes, that's how end-game content works :|
I'm not sure if you have played other games, but they constantly pump out updates and expansions for this very reason. Of course, updates or expansions would NOT be necessary if the goal was just to maintain a half-dead server.

proeel wrote:Keeping currently old players wont keep a server alive, at least in my opinion.

It would keep the server alive, just not healthy. This server being alive for all these years proves that. A live server and healthy server are two very different things. A GM should never take his current players for granted. He should look to satisfy the current players while devising a plan to bring in new/old players.

proeel wrote:The number will just go down once people get bored of new updates.

Does that mean there should be no new updates? You didn't mention that the number also goes up after new updates. Confused again, as I don't see what you're trying to say.

proeel wrote:attracting new and old players back to game is more important.

Agreed, and the GM is working on that. However, he also shouldn't forget about the current players. You're also assuming treasure maps won't bring back old players... I'm one of those 'old players' as I recently started playing again. This is definitely something that would make me more active again. It probably won't make players like you more active as you already have all the items you need, so I can see why you don't want this added. But fortunately, the majority of players DON'T have good unique items and could surely make use of treasure maps. Updates should always aim to please the majority, not minority (especially those with flawed reasoning :?).

User avatar
Ampz
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby Ampz » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:32 am

Well, i am really next to get all g10 on ampz, if im denied to finish his set, with rare mantle , or a box +red ac like almost all zyperns got, including ex-staff members wich has been demoted for "Corruption", i will obscourse quit this game.

That it's distance, old players playing with lot of rings and rares capes +3 and leeched 200TT, and the new players banned from the end game content.
The Syndicate| Ampz |

Its GG :phone:

Metalarg
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby Metalarg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 am

proeel wrote:adding more unique items will just distant more new players

how many new players have been bullied and left

adding drops that are within reasonable range is good but outside of that range, it will just distant people and make them feel harder to catch up
(referring those that are new & old players waiting for new content to come back to play)


"end game content" sure is important but once you reach the limit, you will just keep asking for more.
Keeping currently old players wont keep a server alive, at least in my opinion.
The number will just go down once people get bored of new updates.
attracting new and old players back to game is more important.


i cant get your point dude, for one side you saw that new content will make old ppl return, and for other side you say thats will make ppl left???

also new players (like me) have the chance of get unique items like a gembox of glory +6/+9 ac :D thats pretty good for me and ill put more hours in game :D, i think your argument have a contradiction.

for one side you say that new content will make more ppl return , but for other side you say that its making ppl left???

then you say new players will quit??? WTF bro?? new players could have a chance to have the same items as you that plays since 6 years ago, so i dont think they saw this like something more fair than something for quit.

its high recommended that suggeretions and feedbacks here was looking the best for the server, let other ppl have acces to those unique items maybe help!

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby proeel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:40 am

just to make it clear:

1. i have no problem against treasure maps, items like sards, leafs, g1-g2, red +1 +2 rings and boxes are all fine. Outside of these, i consider as too unique to be added. Like I said, within reasonable range is good. <= this is all I wanted to say.

"As the drop should be equal with enhance hammers & provides close value as SC"

2. If every statement you can make trace back to "Corruption in Zypern", seriously, this is sad (personally im from Vys, I never had that kind of view even until now).

3. Yea... all zypern players have g10 set. Strong like hell. Ŀike us, we have EVERYTHING. (are you sure about that?) wow... are we really that good? or is it the opposite. lol I doubt it.

4. You dont have to agree on what people said but at least to be a reasonable man. Here is for YOUR/MY own feedback about the update. Do I ever cried to GMs because they didnt go my way. NOPE but at least not to attack people with the rumors whoever is spreading or full youself with hatred when you play ;) it is a game.
Last edited by proeel on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Happy Gaming xD

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby proeel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:33 am

more unique items: red+3 or g3 boxes should leave it for high or unknown maps
as it can be an attractive reword for events.

make it like monthly or bimonthly small player-interact events that gives map that "has a chance of dropping unique items"
will keep player more in the community to follow event news

I.e. A gold coin for winner of LMS... Not that attractive...
Happy Gaming xD

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby proeel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:06 am

Ampz wrote:Well, i am really next to get all g10 on ampz, if im denied to finish his set, with rare mantle , or a box +red ac like almost all zyperns got, including ex-staff members wich has been demoted for "Corruption", i will obscourse quit this game.

That it's distance, old players playing with lot of rings and rares capes +3 and leeched 200TT, and the new players banned from the end game content.


I think those are all came from enhance hammers or drops from mazes.
You are not happy because....? bad luck?
(enhance hammer gives only g2 and +2? correct me if im wrong)

Like i said, if you have to be salty every time....with what the decision GM has made in the past
I dont know how GM team is going to make you happy.

example a) 200 TT leach bug was there since server starts
example b) events that gives rare rings reward was hosted by GM many years ago
exmaple c) event that give rare mantle was also hosted by GM many years ago, which there are only 2 in the whole server (correct me if im wrong and if i remember correctly, one of it is currently in your guild)

FYI. I joined the game maybe a year or two after the events. TBH i dont even know the reward until recent years.
Happy Gaming xD

User avatar
SimpleStupid
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby SimpleStupid » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:01 am

I agree with Ed's point on better and better end gaming items would distant more and more between new players and old players. Its a really simple logic, this DR server is not like most up to date online MMOs, take WOW as an example, every new expansion, the pre patch gear gone useless. Char stats, skill/spell damage, and item levels got buff like hell, this is not happening here.

Im also a fan of classic, but based on you guys feedback, I do realize new content has to be done to attract current players, so we do the treasure map things, even I dont enjoy it much since I think no trinkets could match SC's item level(even Im a wiz I wear two SCs of all time), the random rings/boxes are pretty much for PVEs, the higher grade(G2+ or R4+) might just unbalance the game. Talking about this I feel sad seeing many players complaining GM corruption over and over again, making assumption in certain cases and such, its just so silly, this is a beta test board, they chose you here to discuss not complaining, so please respect this opportunity, if you want to give suggestion regarding this do it on other boards and I will also back you up if I think its reasonable.

Back to topic, as I said before, I would love to see the map update could keep the current end-game players active(hunting for med/high map) and new players would enjoy it as a training bonus(low/med maps) =p
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

Metalarg
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby Metalarg » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:46 am

cmon guys lets focus in the topic, nobody care about historys of the past, the history its just usefull to avoid make the same mistakes.

go fix your problems to other side plz... (Y)

back to topic, i think the high tier secret maps could be control by give it on dungeons, with random chance of drop, for example, chance of get a high lvl map on big maze or monster war (its just an example) 10% of drop, if you control the drop of the high tiers could be a good idea

ArabianArrow
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby ArabianArrow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:02 pm

I really don't know where the idea of G3 and red rares +3 came from. I already clarified what items I would expect from it in a previous post...

ArabianArrow wrote:I think values go from G1-G2, also possible red rare maybe? (assuming it's like enchant hammer). If so, I would definitely grind treasure maps to progress my character.


SimpleStupid wrote:I agree with Ed's point on better and better end gaming items would distant more and more between new players and old players.


But no one said to make the end game items better. G1-g2 blue rares and +1, +2 red rares already exist. It's simply closing the power gap between players... XDDD '-_-
Let's try to keep our posts crystal clear to avoid confusion and non-productive exchanges (Y)
PS: I can't connect to any map on the beta server. I guess the maps have crashed. :help:

User avatar
proeel
Posts: 374
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Treasure Maps

Postby proeel » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Metalarg wrote:cmon guys lets focus in the topic, nobody care about historys of the past, the history its just usefull to avoid make the same mistakes


Just to correct you,

You cant call those as "mistakes". It is not fair to the GM teams. They have no obligation to serve us.

Lets call them. missed opportunities.
Happy Gaming xD


Return to “[Beta] Feedbacks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest