Beginner tutorial (BETA)

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
GMCymru

Beginner tutorial (BETA)

Postby GMCymru » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Ok ive started the beginner tutorial, obviously there's going to be flaws with it, keep in mind that it is for beginners only, so please leave friendly comments on what i need to add to it etc, and tell me what you think of it.

http://dragonrajatutorial.weebly.com/

täisdibla

Re: Beginner tutorial (BETA)

Postby täisdibla » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Not gonna post something long cause Brandon is probably going to come rampaging in this thread soon.

I think it's quite nice - short, clean and understandable.

Though I think people shouldn't leave the beginner area as soon as you have mentioned it because it is the best place to level up for several following levels.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Official guide by an official DRG GM... yes? Why is this not on the official DRG domain?
Last edited by LadyPhoenix on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:Official guide by an official DRG GM... yes? Why is this not on the official DRG domain?

Maybe because it's a BETA? Obviously they still need work on it and finalize it before linking it on the main page.
Anyways yeah I'd like to see a big button for this on the main page when it's done (Y)

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:36 pm

firestyle: I don't see any other games posting "official" information on private website ;D

BETA =/= excuse to not proofread
Just read the guide... lol! Leaving the beginning area at level 2 so that the zombies can eat them when they don't have money for potions and /ragequit because everything seems too hard to kill xD I think YOU need to read a noobie guide for yourself.

guide: This next part you must choose the beginner area to progress to the next area
noob: but... one of the options is Dragon Raja Guide. I'm new so I should use the guide... but the GM's guide tells me not to! What do I do?

guide: This is what your inventory looks like, the armours/weapons that you can equip will be green, and ones you can will be red.
noob: so... the ones I can use are red and green???

guide: then open the map and go find the monster to kill it
noob: the monster closest to level 2... chicken, dogs, and cows... where are those? HOSHIT it's in scholium! O_O but I just left and the guide doesn't tell me how to get back!

guide: If you have any problems ask a fellow player
noob: Hi. Can you help me find the potion shop?
player: <afk>
noob: Hi. Can you help me find the potion shop?
player: (123, 456)
noob: ???? what are those numbers?

noob (10 levels later): why the f*** did the guide tell me to familiarize myself with shops IN TOWN when they were all there in the beginning area???
Last edited by LadyPhoenix on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm

Ok I admit I just took a quick glimpse cause I couldn't be bothered to read atm, I'll fully read it later.
I hope it isn't as bad as you make it sound though '-_-

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm

it looked unappealing i closed it after i laughed from reading "ultimate guide"

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Karvinen wrote:it looked unappealing i closed it after i laughed from reading "ultimate guide"

Ok I think I need a perscription for glasses, apparently I didn't see half of the guide, damn "ultimate guide" that is epic :lol:

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:08 pm

täisdibla wrote:Not gonna post something long cause Brandon is probably going to come rampaging in this thread soon.

I think it's quite nice - short, clean and understandable.

Though I think people shouldn't leave the beginner area as soon as you have mentioned it because it is the best place to level up for several following levels.

(Y) LP took care of it for me..

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:

helbreath

Postby helbreath » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:11 pm

well done GMCymru, at least hes trying to help. +1 and keep on!

Return to “General Chat”