More positivety

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
GMCymru

More positivety

Postby GMCymru » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:05 am

Hello guys, everyday i talk to players who need my help, and everyday all i ever hear is negativity about things on DR. Do you think the way forward for our community is to be constantly negative?, do you think a new player that comes to this forum and reads all the negativity will download the client?.. Things take time, granted sometimes quite alot of time but things are getting done, so lets pull together and bring new players into the game and rebuild the gaming community this game once had.

If the players loses faith in the game, then whats the point??

GMCymru

helbreath

Re: More positivety

Postby helbreath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:08 am

not everyone wan this server alive ... :help:

helbreath

Postby helbreath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:10 am

perhaps i spend too much time on this server, i get some fun of it too. Now might be less on cause it seems nothing to do in game, just repeat and repeat to do the same thing until playing dota now waukakakakaka

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:14 am

if i came and saw a gm posting this i wouldnt dl the client, if i came and saw an attempt at an event with the worst preparation in the history of event preparing, and failed miserably, i would not dl the client

sush

Postby sush » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Telling the players to be more optimistic. Classic.
It's fun to see how you emphesize the community. That the community as a whole should make this server more likeable. Yet Communities suggestions isnt heard. Take a look at suggestions forum. Full of actually good suggestions that would help this server. Implemented suggestions = nearly zero. GM-s own made desicions about the game what has been implemented = nearly all of them. You cannot expect to have communities loyalty if you do not show respect towards them. And no, everything takes time is not good enough answer. Since as you can see, this hasn't worked out so well. Decide how you choose to run your server, either based on community or based on the leaders. Both can work really well, but you can't give an illusion of one thing and do completly different.
Also as kidkiller said. GMCymru so far has shown nothing but unproffesionalism. Even if you love something and want to make the situation better, doesnt mean you are cut out for taking leading role on that matter.

Spherix asked for constructive criticism in another thread. So that is my take on what is wrong with the server.

helbreath

Postby helbreath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

nice say though... but they have their own work to do... i guess the " big updates" will come soon as they said... let see then.

helbreath

Postby helbreath » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Hopefully can see it in next monday , come on GM clean the gossip here! scolding in forum just give bad influence for new comer!

Montana

Postby Montana » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Why would a GM post this kind of crap? Looks so amateur.

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Minipp wrote:Typical answer to avoid the real questions at hand. If you want to go over the top and attract new people, you must show some of this so called 'DEDICATION' you have and organize some basic outlines or visuals that will show the players the GMs are working hard.

First step to organizing the GM team is to have plans. If you don't already have a basic outline of the new features that are going to be fixed/added/complete, then that means none of them have been thought out very well.

Remaining patient is impossible for me knowing what I know.

So in my opinion, I would take the questions I noted above and use them to generate your own basic outline to show the community what the GM team is working on.

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:

Minipp wrote:
GMCymru wrote:Yeah your right low level / mid level is a struggle. But im sure thats an issue that will be addressed in due time

Time that is long overdue. The problem with every DR server that has been open, is the GMs want to fix things after its already too late. The downside to DR servers is the population. GMs need to focus on keeping that population up instead of letting it spike down, then scratch their heads and wonder how you can fix it.

Since you are the community GM, I would like to ask you a few questions.

:arrow: First, what are GMs plans to further develop the new features that have been added but not yet 100% complete.
:arrow: Second, long overdue promises have been swept under the carpet. Will those be ressurected? If so, which ones will be done?
:arrow: Third, What new features are the GMs planning on implementing in the near future?

Thanks,

Minipp wrote:Im going to make this simple.

Go back through and finish projects that have been started before you even think about starting new ones. I am pretty sure that the GMs dedication isn't what it used to be and its showing.

Go back through all the documents that GMs created...... and work through them.

Thanks,

Do you think the negativity is for no reason at all??? Do you honestly believe we should be positive when all we hear is "It will take time" or "GMs are working hard"... Then read my suggestions above and show us something... If you're working so hard, then there must be something small you can show us. A basic list of things???

Thanks,

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:58 pm

@sush: nicely formed and i completly follow ur post in every way

@hellbreath: new players wont come cuz there's nothing for new players here... there's no DECENT tutorial and no newcommers would even know of the existence of this server. the gm's planned on advertising from the first month of the server and some players eveen tried helping by advertising in game forums (these players included Me, Ali, Shayne, ...) but gm's havent taken any visable action towards advertising whatsoever (and i doubt to see a change in the future)...

@brandon: sush mentioned it aswell, the good suggestions arent being looked at altho we get answers like "we're going to work on it" and clearly here again, these are things u've mentioned quit some times before and (many) players agree on those posts
SpyRoS
Spiritus

Return to “General Chat”