Ways to improve DR

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Re: Ways to improve DR

Postby GMSignPainter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:38 am

Redfox wrote:I think the website should be finished to make the game more attractive to new players.

We are currently working on that.

MaryMagdalene

Postby MaryMagdalene » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am

metriod wrote:Some suggestions I can think of right now:

1. Advertise and make game more attractive for NEW players - I dont see this beeing done.
-Where and how is advertising beeing done?
-When are lvl quests going to be implemeneted?
-When is website going to be updated and more useful for new player
-Been suggested many times, why not do smth that will help new players lvl faster?

2. Dont just implement things.
Make a poll with things you have in mind to implement and ask players, what they want most to be implemented.

3. Balance Nations
How can this be done? Obviously smth that needs to be taken care of.

4. Make war more attactive
Make war more attactive for PRIESTS and why is it that mages cant blast stones? What is the reasoning behind that?!
Delete stones resistance against magic attack.

5. Archers
Why did archers not get their boost yet? There are more and more ppl making thiefs, cause they seem to be superior to archer in almost every aspect.

6. Wizards
Why cant we blast Stones. Why do higher mobs have resistance to magic attacks? I dont get that, why decrease the capability of wizards to lvl properly at high lvl and make em basically a leecher at high lvls?
Why do high mobs and bosses have resistance to magery attacks, much more then they have resistance to physical attacks?

7. Dungeon Times
Why were dungeon times chosen so poorly for asian (CN) community? Why was no thought put into that? Obviously that is part of the reason why CN player got pissed and so many quit. Crap ping, dungeons time only for amercian / european players, of course they would feel at disadvantage. When is this going to be fixed?
How can we get the CN players back?

8. Why did snow war and normal war start at same time today?

9. Where is LadyPhoenix?!

10. More activity from GMs, act like GMs not like players.
Not just locking Threads and warning ppl but interact more with players.
You guys chose to launch DR again. If you guys lack the capacities to cover everything timewise, get more GMs.
Stop getting defensive when ppl bitch, stop sarcastic comments and act professional.
Its been said many times already, if someones bitching or talking crap, warn em, do not get into a argument with them.

Of course you guys are doing a great job. I love how you try to change aspects of the game, changing how jobs are lvld, was a freakin great update.

All I can think of right now '-_-

+1

Specially the 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.

I REALLY wonder why so high magic resistance in stone, bosses and high lvl monster... WHY? D: that makes wiz very less useful when high lvls....

metriod

Postby metriod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am

GMSignBreaker wrote:.

1. Don´t know if this is related to me, but I did not say that things are not beeing done, I just said, that I think advertising new players and making the game more attractive for new players is not beeing done.

2. I love the update on health bar, I think that was really necessary. The achievment thing though, I think at current stage is useless. I dont know how much work it took you guys to implement it, I think it was quite a lot. I think that time could have been spend on more necessary things.
The achievement thing is "nice to have" but defo not smth we need right now and my oppinion is GM shouldnt "waste" their precious time on updates like that at current stage.

3. You guys always say, that stuff is planned but hardly ever tell details.
What is planned to make war more attactive? Why don´t you let the DR community know and get their feedback on it? I am sure this would help a lot.

4. Why isnt this a priority?
I see more and more high lvl wizards starting to make a thief or other class. The amount of thiefs keeps increasing, the amount of archers and wizzies seems to be decreasing at high lvl.
I would like to know why DR makes it so hard for high wizzies to lvl? Why do high mobs and boss monsters have so high resistance to magic attacks? I dont get that. We already attack much slower, considering we have to cast every spell, then why do we have such low dmg on high & boss monsters? Please give me a reason for that.
And I read that you guys are thinking of implementing a new skill for archers. Why is this not a high priority? Obviously, the game should be balanced, which it is not atm.

5. Would be great if this could get fixed.
A GM recently posted a suggestion of changed dungeon times every week. Might be a solution.

6. Well, locking a Thread like the one Hinder started cuz a few guys, who started flaming sure is no solution. There should have been a clear post of GM saying that everyone who flames will get warned and post deleted. Locking a Thread like that without notice is wrong.
And I understand that getting a GM isnt easy, especially considering what happened on previous servers (I didnt experience all that), but saying "we dont have the time" is no solution either.
If there is no Coder that can be trusted and you guys lack the time, then pls concentrate on the important things and do not implement stuff like the achievement thing - just my oppinion.

Anyways, I think you guys are on the right way and I love how you guys try to innovate the game. Again, redoing the job system was freakin awesome. Updates like that should be given priority (Y)

-Where is LadyPhoenix? :W:
-Metriod aka Averan

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am

i heard LP quit and they didnt take her back, but if u mean in game i think shes at her anti-gaming parents house for the summer

GMSignBreaker

Postby GMSignBreaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

1. I'm not only talking to you. I'm talking to everyone in general.

2. You guys want new players right? So do we. Achievement system, as much as you're not interested in it, can be something of a perk for new players. The game itself is bland as it is, why not make it a little more interesting?

Within a few days, I'll be updating the community on what our plans are (not in detail, just in general terms) so that we can assure you we are trying to work something out.

4. Because it simply isn't. Archers are low on population for sure. But your claim on wizards is not true. I see quite a bit of wizards running around. That's why we agreed on buffing archers. Our one and number one priority is to work on bringing new players in, which you'll hear of later on when I update everyone.

5. Yes I read that. Just need to do it.

6. There is a clear post that warns players not to flame and break rules. It is the responsibility of posters to read it and adhere to it. And I didn't say that "we don't have time" is a solution. That's reality. As much as it pains me to say it, we have our own lives to live and real life responsibilities that need to be met. Read #1 for achievement.

metriod

Postby metriod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:15 pm

2. I am not sure, if the achievement system really attracts new player. ATM I only see ppl wondering what the use of it is. Except of knowing that you achieved xxx.

4. I see quite a few wizards at lvl 100+- running around as well, but I´ve seen quite a few wizzies making thiefs once they reach 100+ or d1 cuz they jsut cant do much as wiz.
Again, I´d like to know, what the reason is for high lvl & boss monsters having sich high magic attack resistance?

6. Exactly and that is why I have been saying. Hinder did great by opening the Thread and starting this discussion, why would a Thread like that get locked, instead of the flamer getting warned and their posts deleted. Thats what I am saying.

Anyways, looking forward to update, whats going to happen to bring in new players. I hope the Website is going to be updated fast.

It would be good to be able to see ingame videos on Website. Promote ppl making videos and posting them.
Another feature could be ppl uploading screenshots and community voting their favourite xxx, which then would be shown on website each day...
-Metriod aka Averan

Caretaker

Postby Caretaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm

GMSignBreaker wrote:
4. Because it simply isn't. Archers are low on population for sure. But your claim on wizards is not true. I see quite a bit of wizards running around. That's why we agreed on buffing archers. Our one and number one priority is to work on bringing new players in, which you'll hear of later on when I update everyone.

I'd imagine removing resist from some mob is pretty easy to do in code, so i hope gazer resist gets removed soon. I see absolutely no reason why gms shouldnt remove resist from gazer/sand trap. So it will be in next update? k thx

GMSignBreaker

Postby GMSignBreaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 pm

metriod wrote:

2. I am not sure, if the achievement system really attracts new player. ATM I only see ppl wondering what the use of it is. Except of knowing that you achieved xxx.

4. I see quite a few wizards at lvl 100+- running around as well, but I´ve seen quite a few wizzies making thiefs once they reach 100+ or d1 cuz they jsut cant do much as wiz.
Again, I´d like to know, what the reason is for high lvl & boss monsters having sich high magic attack resistance?

6. Exactly and that is why I have been saying. Hinder did great by opening the Thread and starting this discussion, why would a Thread like that get locked, instead of the flamer getting warned and their posts deleted. Thats what I am saying.

Anyways, looking forward to update, whats going to happen to bring in new players. I hope the Website is going to be updated fast.

It would be good to be able to see ingame videos on Website. Promote ppl making videos and posting them.
Another feature could be ppl uploading screenshots and community voting their favourite xxx, which then would be shown on website each day...

Achievement system won't be a primary thing that attracts players. We're not touting it as our best option to bring new players in, it's just making the game a little more attractive than what it is. I've also seen a thief make a wizard in reverse, does that mean we have to buff thieves? I agree on reducing the resist on boss monsters and stones and such, but please don't exaggerate. People don't quit wizards because they can't break stones or kill bosses.

Flamers got warned. Again, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I usually leave a message saying so and so has been warned, but I wasn't on at that time. It isn't a big deal. The thread was obviously going to keep bringing in flamers and the GMs at that point saw no reason to keep it open if it was going to head in a downward spiral.

metriod

Postby metriod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 pm

GMSignBreaker wrote:

Achievement system won't be a primary thing that attracts players. We're not touting it as our best option to bring new players in, it's just making the game a little more attractive than what it is. I've also seen a thief make a wizard in reverse, does that mean we have to buff thieves? I agree on reducing the resist on boss monsters and stones and such, but please don't exaggerate. People don't quit wizards because they can't break stones or kill bosses.

Flamers got warned. Again, just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I usually leave a message saying so and so has been warned, but I wasn't on at that time. It isn't a big deal. The thread was obviously going to keep bringing in flamers and the GMs at that point saw no reason to keep it open if it was going to head in a downward spiral.[/quote]

Well, the question is, is the achievement system really worth all the time you put into developing it ? (I just guess that it was quite a lot of work) Or would that time not been better spend updating / implementing something else.
Thats why I suggested making a poll with updates / implementations and let community decide what they´d like most.

I´ve heard myself from 2-3 wizards that they quit cuz they can´t do anything at higher lvl, I am not exaggerating.
So, you agree on reducing resist on boss monsters and stones and such, question is, will it be done and if yes, when will it be done?

I think you are not getting my point.
The Thread opened by Hinder was very essential, cuz indeed the community is decreasing and I am very happy that Hinder accosted that matter.
If GM did indeed warn flamers, why was there a need to lock such an essential Thread - this is what I am saying.
Theres always flamers around but essential Threads can not just be locked because of them.
-Metriod aka Averan

GMSignBreaker

Postby GMSignBreaker » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes it was worth putting all that time into. Matter of fact is, you don't know the internal dynamics of the team. From your point of view it seems pretty useless, but we deemed it to be useful later down the road when we start advertising. People always forget what it feels like to be a new player, seeing new things in the game. You are looking at the achievement system from a point of view of someone who knows the game. All I'm going to say is you're doing a disservice to this thread if you keep on nitpicking on the achievement system. Why are we getting criticized for DOING work?

2-3 wizards are not the whole wizard population I'm sorry to break it to you. And anyone who says wizards can't do anything at high levels are smoking something. And the community is not decreasing. GMNyx already indicated that the server population is going strong. I for one am seeing new players despite the lack of advertisement. The previous thread was locked and I am keeping this thread open and actively participating in it. How much more are you going to nitpick on things that don't need to be nitpicked on? Like I said, you're really doing a disservice to the thread if you keep on bringing up irrelevant points. The thread got closed because it was getting out of hand. I'm not going to second guess the other GMs who decided it was in the best interest to close the thread.

I am eager to hear from you, as you seem to genuinely care. But there's no point in going tit for tat with me on things that don't need to be debated on. I thank you for your input and I would love to hear from you again (just something more substantial please >.>)

Return to “General Chat”