how many- - ?

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
täisdibla

Re: how many- - ?

Postby täisdibla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Excellent work!!

Anyway I was also hoping to hear what you are going to do about the whole "mentor" business, if it ever happens to be or does this new help system deem it inept?

GMNyx

Postby GMNyx » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:59 pm

täisdibla wrote:Excellent work!!

Anyway I was also hoping to hear what you are going to do about the whole "mentor" business, if it ever happens to be or does this new help system deem it inept?

Such system is still needed i think. We will think about it with the team how to reward mentor and how to limit abuse potential

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:57 pm

GMNyx wrote:actually if i compare website info page requests to players asking questions ingame, latter would win hands down. Most people dont want to ruin their experience by looking at tip pages online except hardcore players. But i guess that would help in sense that when the community tells them: wtf bbq kthx bye, they could actually go somewhere. but this is where the new Help pages come in

I am referring to those truly new players who stumble upon the DRG website. Before they even download the game, they will look at the website. Scan over what kind of features/systems the game has. Then decide if they want to play or not. There are many MMO's in the world now unlike when DR was first released. If a new player were to look at dr-int.com and any other MMO site, what makes DRG's site stand out? Just about nothing.

Personally, when I look at games, I first look at some screenshots of the game, then gamplay videos if there are any, then scan over the key features of the game. There are some things that instantly turn me off to a game. Some people may love crafting and seeing a game with crafting with make them want to try out DR. Some people might like pet-raising. Some may want a marriage system because they're playing with thief bf/gf. The website should be able to highlight those features in a format other than a big wall of text/menus.

Carmichael

Postby Carmichael » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 am

For me, I look at screenshots/game play videos.
Zypern - Carmichael

GMNyx

Postby GMNyx » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:
GMNyx wrote:actually if i compare website info page requests to players asking questions ingame, latter would win hands down. Most people dont want to ruin their experience by looking at tip pages online except hardcore players. But i guess that would help in sense that when the community tells them: wtf bbq kthx bye, they could actually go somewhere. but this is where the new Help pages come in

I am referring to those truly new players who stumble upon the DRG website. Before they even download the game, they will look at the website. Scan over what kind of features/systems the game has. Then decide if they want to play or not. There are many MMO's in the world now unlike when DR was first released. If a new player were to look at dr-int.com and any other MMO site, what makes DRG's site stand out? Just about nothing.

Personally, when I look at games, I first look at some screenshots of the game, then gamplay videos if there are any, then scan over the key features of the game. There are some things that instantly turn me off to a game. Some people may love crafting and seeing a game with crafting with make them want to try out DR. Some people might like pet-raising. Some may want a marriage system because they're playing with thief bf/gf. The website should be able to highlight those features in a format other than a big wall of text/menus.

traffic on each page prooves such info is not what majority of people are interested. They most likely check out videos on youtube, xfire, community score. Thats the way to go wikth kids these days

Player made stuff with unbiased views and not big marketing talk

Cov

Postby Cov » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Did my comment get deleted or did I never press the submit button?!?

I tried to make a point and say even though some new players normally research about the game looking for videos on youtube or other streaming video sites of the sort, the fact is there is only a very small amount of videos on those sites, a few that are REALLY LOW QUALITY. And the few good ones are named in chinese so the player probably never stumbles into it since it doesnt have keywords in english like Dragon Raja or such.

I think the website should have SEVERAL videos, compilations or highlights of each type of wars and dungeons, to show the variaty of the pvp and quest possibilities of the game, in a brief manner, not to bore the newcomers.

If my post was indeed deleted I very dissapointed, since I did not flame,troll , provoke unacessary discussions or speak in foul language. I expressed my sincere thoughts and opinions and being in GENERAL CHAT, I think I have the right to chat.

GMSignBreaker

Postby GMSignBreaker » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:29 pm

We didn't delete your post :(

Cov

Postby Cov » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Then I appologize, I pulled an all nighter studying and I'm kinda groggy, I could have sworn I posted. Maybe I just on preview or worse, maybe I posted in some other random thread thinking I was posting here hahahaha.

Bracon

Postby Bracon » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah...I seriously considered trying to transfer to Yllse at one point because I feel like there's NO one in Vyseus anymore. But I thought, if I transfer, that's just worsening the problem. So I'm gonna stick it out here. I hope we get more new people soon. It's really disheartening when you feel like you're the only person in town who's under lvl 100.

GMNyx

Postby GMNyx » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:27 pm

currently we dont have the man power to work on website AND game features. and its not as bad as ppl make it sound since we have gotten new players ingame (fact) told by old players to go die in a corner (fact)

:help:

if you want to see new blood dont be asses to new players, simple as that :D

Return to “General Chat”