Ress pots / Revival bags in Quests

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
GMPsipress

Re: Ress pots / Revival bags in Quests

Postby GMPsipress » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:36 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:
Cov wrote:Being poor or rich has nothing to do with buying mall items. I never donated $$ to the server and I've got over 30k RE. I even denied other 30k re on the g7 item I have. If the mall item is there its to be bought, if you dont want to waste your RE with the item, thats up to you, but dont spoil it for who does.

You dont want to buy revivals, make your own, Ive got 80 jinseng seeds, wanna buy em?

Like I said earlier, the exact same can be said about SS, YET IT WAS CHANGED. Why do I keep needing to repeat this to get it to your head? T_T :help:

Translation from the way I see it:

"Being poor or rich has nothing to do with making masking rares and using SS. I've never donated to the server and got g20 masking. If the spell is there it's to be used, if you don't want to spend your time making it, that's up to you, but don't spoil it for who does."

PS: I noticed most of you haven't been to quests in the previous server. Maybe NR was similar? Who knows...

Don flame me 10q.

SS was changed because it was used in ways to, lack of a better word.. exploit situations and there was not a way to stop it or counter it. Warriors that pierced the priest that used ss on themselve just got SS as well so they were unable to pierce the priest. Same for archers. Other than that, there was nothing to prevent it.

Ress pots doesn't put everything in a check-mate because you can constantly kill someone with ress pots after they revive, eventually they will run out of health pots or ress pots.

I don't personally see a need to change it. We already removed ress bags. Revival Eggs are 500 RE Each, which is pretty costly when you can be easily spawn killed using ress pots. If someone wants to buy alot of revival eggs, they could technically only care.. 76 revival eggs, which is 380 ress pots. Thats over 38,000 RE! If someone wants to spend that kind of money, id say more power to them.

Dragon Raja Global,
GMPsipress

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 pm

GMPsipress wrote:
SS was changed because it was used in ways to, lack of a better word.. exploit situations and there was not a way to stop it or counter it. Warriors that pierced the priest that used ss on themselve just got SS as well so they were unable to pierce the priest. Same for archers. Other than that, there was nothing to prevent it.

Exploit situations? Maybe you can be more specific. There is a way to stop it, and there is a way to counter it. The only classes that can't counter it are melee classes. These SAME 3 (melee) classes can charge a skill and attack at any given time (Coincidence? I think not). For example, if a wizard is casting a firebird and gets SS casted on him, he only has a limited time before he can use it. After that time limit he can't attack. Same with priest. 'Coincidentally', both these classes have spells to counter SS. On the other hand, melee can charge their skill and attack even under SS, at any given time.

GMPsipress wrote:Ress pots doesn't put everything in a check-mate because you can constantly kill someone with ress pots after they revive, eventually they will run out of health pots or ress pots.

Have you forgotten quests have time limits to get completed for each floor? If people wanted to use ress pots at a leveling spot, so be it. There's plenty other leveling spots to train. Dungeons are different, time is everything. Maybe I created this topic too early. This issue hasn't happened yet on this server, but I've seen it happen way too many times in the past server and wanted to have GMs look at the problem beforehand.

GMPsipress wrote:I don't personally see a need to change it. We already removed ress bags. Revival Eggs are 500 RE Each, which is pretty costly when you can be easily spawn killed using ress pots. If someone wants to buy alot of revival eggs, they could technically only care.. 76 revival eggs, which is 380 ress pots. Thats over 38,000 RE!

Was there a need for removing SS? There was not. It was more of a want. How have previous servers dealt with this SS 'exploit' you speak of? Why can't they keep doing what they've done in the past? If it worked before then it'll work again.

GMPsipress wrote:If someone wants to spend that kind of money, id say more power to them.

You should have wrote this at the beginning :? . We obviously have different mind sets. You care about money, I care about game-play experience. :cry:

GMPsipress

Postby GMPsipress » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Exploit situations? Maybe you can be more specific. There is a way to stop it, and there is a way to counter it. The only classes that can't counter it are melee classes. These SAME 3 (melee) classes can charge a skill and attack at any given time (Coincidence? I think not). For example, if a wizard is casting a firebird and gets SS casted on him, he only has a limited time before he can use it. After that time limit he can't attack. Same with priest. 'Coincidentally', both these classes have spells to counter SS. On the other hand, melee can charge their skill and attack even under SS, at any given time.

Then why did we hear so many complaints from players about SS if there was a 'proper' counter for it.
Have you forgotten quests have time limits to get completed for each floor? If people wanted to use ress pots at a leveling spot, so be it. There's plenty other leveling spots to train. Dungeons are different, time is everything. Maybe I created this topic too early. This issue hasn't happened yet on this server, but I've seen it happen way too many times in the past server and wanted to have GMs look at the problem beforehand.

Just to clarify. Each floor does not have a time limit. The time limit is for the entire dungeon, which is 4 hours.
Was there a need for removing SS? There was not. It was more of a want. How have previous servers dealt with this SS 'exploit' you speak of? Why can't they keep doing what they've done in the past? If it worked before then it'll work again.

Previous servers didn't listen to players suggestions for changes. This SS change is what majority of the players wanted. If more players want ress pots to be removed or change, then thats most likely what will happen. This is not about money, this is about the players.

Dragon Raja Global,
GMPsipress

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 pm

GMPsipress wrote:
Then why did we hear so many complaints from players about SS if there was a 'proper' counter for it.

Because it ruined the gaming experience, which is exactly what I'm trying to prevent.

GMPsipress wrote:Previous servers didn't listen to players suggestions for changes. This SS change is what majority of the players wanted. If more players want ress pots to be removed or change, then thats most likely what will happen.

ArabianArrow wrote:Maybe I created this topic too early. This issue hasn't happened yet on this server, but I've seen it happen way too many times in the past server and wanted to have GMs look at the problem beforehand.

Most of the current players havn't played the past server. I'll bump this topic in a few months I guess :| .

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am

I know DR since 2001 and I have to say I like almost all of these changes done on this server (Y)
It doesn't matter who is an old player and who is new, well actually new players' opinions count even more, since they are new and changes based on their points of view might help us attract more new playerbase.
Long story short, new players > us old farts.

If people start abusing the eggs, well, it's +4 dollars to the server per egg so yeah.. and who's stopping you from using them? ( don't tell me you don't need them because the enemy doesn't need them either, they choose to use them for their own comfort )

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 am

res pots arent even that big of a problem, they run out of normal pots soon enough anyway and die instantly after ressing

Cupid

Postby Cupid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:12 am

everything's equal ingame. no one should have more or less.
if there is a difference occur, that difference will only be between "rich players and poor players".

ArabianArrow wrote:Most of the current players havn't played the past server. I'll bump this topic in a few months I guess :| .

will there still be any players by then '-_-

Jarlaxle

Postby Jarlaxle » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. Stop trying to pk everyone to have all the legends for yourself and then you won't have to whine because another player who is smart and has the re buys eggs so you can't take that chance away from him.

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Damn, so many ignorant posts since I last viewed this topic. '-_-

Cupid

Postby Cupid » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 am

this topic itself is hilarious.
what got into you in making this kind of topic. lmao...
so you have problem on people buying tons of egg's!?
well, why don't you do the same thing instead.. oops you ain't got the $$
I know you feel unbalanced, but this is life and you're gonna get used to it and live with it.

rich and poor can't be balanced.

Return to “General Chat”