War Feedback

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
Lee

Re: War Feedback

Postby Lee » Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:3.give instant fame/dual fame instead of awarded only at the end

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Suggestion: stop giving the 2 free DF to players who just join war then don't do anything.

GMPsipress

Postby GMPsipress » Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm

pepex wrote:as every know nations wars look like this

olso as everyone know going to this kind of war below cc is just suicide and pointless, so i whant to suggest something so everyone can go to nation wars without the need of being cc+

the idea is to divide the war maps into 3

great grassland (4 stones each nation): for cc+
hudyne valley/great jungle/outer renus (3 stones each nation, yes 1 more stone):for lv 61 to 99
hudyne river/sedless/outer kalalle(2 stones for each nation):for lv 31 to 60

stones will be a bit weaker for 61-99 lv gap and much weaker for 31-60 lv gap
add some teleports to connect the maps during wars and this could be a realy good way to give everyone the chance to participate in nation wars.

at the end as always all stones will be counted and the nation with more stones alives win, with this, mid lv and noobs will be able to help their nation during wars.

snow wars could be now 1-30 and a good way to give newcomers a small taste of how pvp is like.

GMPsipress

Postby GMPsipress » Mon May 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Sentinel wrote:Obviously the biggest problem with wars is that the nation populations are unbalanced, but I think there are some other things that can be done to help encourage people to go to war:

1) War Times
I think right now there are too many wars. There are 2-3 wars a day, which is silly. Too many wars make it hard to decide which war to go to, as it is doubtful that a person is going to want to attend multiple wars a day. I think there should be at most, 1 war a day (not counting snow wars, since they're only for levels 60 and below). I think there should be 5 local wars and 2 castle wars a week. With only 1 war a day, anyone who wants to go to war will be at that 1 war instead of being split between 2 or 3 wars, maximizing the number of participants.

I understand that there are people from many different time zones playing DR, so wars need to be at different times to give people a chance to attend, but having three wars a day isn't a good solution in my opinion. I think the best way to do it is to stagger war times between 3 different times. For Example:

GMs can adjust the times so that they better align with the peak online hours for the Americas, Europe, and Asia, but you get the idea. Each area would get the same amount of wars over a three week period. It may be a bit confusing for players at first, but a calender on the website or forums can solve that.

2) War Length
Local war should last only one hour, not two. Two hours just makes the war drag on and on and on. Any war that lasts longer than an hour tends to just be a stale mate anyway. If war can't be completed within an hour, then just adjust the HP of the stones.

3) War Fame
I think that the current system of losers getting no fame at all discourages people from coming. I think that everyone should get fame/dual fame, even the losers, just less than the winners. Perhaps something like 12/9/6 or 13/10/7 for 1st/2nd/3rd place in war. With wars being only 1 hour, and 2nd place getting more fame than 3rd, playing defensive will be a valuable strategy without making the war drag on for 2 hours. I really like this idea, though we would need to come up with some way to prevent people from joining war and going afk to get fame. I'm not sure what variables the game keeps track of that might be useful to distinguish between who is actually participating in war and who is not. Perhaps GMs would know.

Carmichael

Postby Carmichael » Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 pm

Also not fair that we can't get df/fame from people lower then us. that one reason i don't go war, most people i kill are lower then me so no df/fame.
Zypern - Carmichael

metriod

Postby metriod » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Thats the problem, I´ve been facing as well. Not many players above my lvl actually going to war...

But getting fame / df from lower players.. hm, not sure about that.
-Metriod aka Averan

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 pm

you get fame/df from players lower than you... but it has to be less than 5 or 10 levels (forgot which) lower or something and you only get 1 df/fame for killing someone lower

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

implement monster war please ill join that
hateshado :hmpf: (Y)

WishingStar

Postby WishingStar » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 pm

change castle war time for every week
ShootingStar vys warrior

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 pm

I will throw my 2 cents about why i never been such a fan of wars:

People are fine with cheap spell at wars. They want their nation to win. Joining a war for 2 hour and being constently stunned and ss'ed is not cool.

Population not being balanced. I already offered a suggestion about it. Many game as town wars, and they all use the same solution. Town with the less ammount of people get a buff that make their hp and dammage higher. It could also be a stone hp reduction, if the buff is too hard to code.

I remember some GM event where we would win something for killing gm in wars, and where the winning town would have loot. This was great time. I remember killing 8 yllse and 1 gm with my d1 priest, still have the ss somewhere i guess. If server had that sometime, you sure would see me there. This is where i won my mage ring also, that was a really interessing price.

Return to “General Chat”