War Feedback

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
GMPsipress

War Feedback

Postby GMPsipress » Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Dear Players,

I would like to know why players do not attend war. If you could just give any feedback as to why you don't join war, it would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to come up with better ideas to make war more interesting and something players WANT and NEED to go to. We want wars to be very active!

DO NOT FLAME in this topic or I will give you a forum ban.

GMPsipress

LadyPhoenix

Re: War Feedback

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 pm

-Lack of players for the first hour usually due to people not wanting to get fame then not be able to log out for 1 hour or die, relog, and lose all the kills

Zver

Postby Zver » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Why i don't join:
[*] Low lvl atm, i prefer to lvl instead of running around.
[*] No reason to join, Can't kill other players as priest ATM.

My Suggestions:
[*] Lower the EXP from monsters during War time.
[*] Add reward such as Sards, Skins, and random items, i don't think it will ruin the economy since the same way you can make few chars and do daily sard quests.
[*] Add in the website a box with a timer running down till the next War\Event\Quest begin.
[*] Also would be nice to see Announcement in game that says "Local War Will Begin In 15 Minutes, Don't Let Your Nation Lose" or something like that 8-)

metriod

Postby metriod » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

I think I am on of those who participate in most wars.

Major problem for me is lack of priests which makes me have to relog, gain no fame at all.
But I still participate in wars, cuz i think its fun.

I would like to see an increase in fame / dualfame gain from destroying stones / killing higher lvl people.
Also the no fame, if you log out is kinda annoying, cuz DR crashes every now and then...

Another annoying thing is, that I can really gain good amount of fame, since most Vys or Zyp that are 105+ are not rly participating in wars ...

+1 on Zvers suggestions.
-Metriod aka Averan

GMPsipress

Postby GMPsipress » Mon May 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Zver wrote:Why i don't join:
[*] Low lvl atm, i prefer to lvl instead of running around.
[*] No reason to join, Can't kill other players as priest ATM.

My Suggestions:
[*] Add reward such as Sards, Skins, and random items, i don't think it will ruin the economy since the same way you can make few chars and do daily sard quests.
[*] Add in the website a box with a timer running down till the next War\Event\Quest begin.
[*] Also would be nice to see Announcement in game that says "Local War Will Begin In 15 Minutes, Don't Let Your Nation Lose" or something like that 8-)

In-Game announce is made 5 Hours in advanced and counted down 4 Hours, 3 Hours, 2 Hours, 1 Hour till war.

Great suggestions otherwise. Good feedback.

GMPsipress

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 pm

metriod wrote:Major problem for me is lack of priests which makes me have to relog, gain no fame at all.

LadyPhoenix wrote:-Lack of players for the first hour usually due to people not wanting to get fame then not be able to log out for 1 hour or die, relog, and lose all the kills

these are somwhat the reasons i dont join war all that often.

i like to add tho, that it's boring fighting priests in SS in wars. in local wars, they take the fun out by standing under the stone with ss and making it unable to just hit the stones. In castle wars, prists with SS are even more overpowering to the defending nation. i saw like 1 priest undoing the work of 1 blasters. all he had to do was put on SS and cast multi heal near the stone so it heals. (dont get me wrong. i think the priest should be able to heal stones even when they are able to ress fast using /revival the main problem is that they can do it without getting any hits.)

Zver wrote:My Suggestions:

these are the suggestions i like from zver
SpyRoS
Spiritus

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Mon May 17, 2010 8:16 pm

[x] Maintnance scheduled over the war shutting it off when in it

marianz

Postby marianz » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 pm

i love this topic really, i think is the best thing you can do to improve wars.

reading some posts here, war is too long 2 hours so ppl, wont join until 30 minutes left, so I suggest making it last 1 hour, make stones little bit less resistance. Giving less time makes people "hurry" on killing stones and join together to win the war.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Suggestions:
1.make local war like castle/snow war where everyone around the stone gets fame/df for killing stones (not just the person to lb)
-reason: people "prep" stones to get lb by priest to help the priest get df/fame which makes war boring because it takes a long time for the priest to lb. that or priests don't join because they don't think hey can kill/lb stones.

2.allow /revival but it resurrects the character and moves it to the home town
-reason: people don't join war until the very end in fear of losing the df/fame

3.give instant fame/dual fame instead of awarded only at the end
-reason: same as above

4.take away the max fame/dual fame cap
-reason: a lot of the times people go "oh, I maxed df/fame. I'll go afk in town so I don't die or crash and lose it all" then stop joining for the rest of the war.

GMPsipress

Postby GMPsipress » Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Great feedback so far, keep them coming!

We will take all of these and compile them together to figure out how to make war something people WANT to join.

GMPsipress

Return to “General Chat”