Place your bets

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.

How many new Asian players will come to DRG because of the new server host?

0
7
37%
1-10
1
5%
11-20
2
11%
21-29
0
No votes
30+
9
47%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
ExtraOrdinary
Posts: 983
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Place your bets

Postby ExtraOrdinary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 am

Lets be positive and try something, we like this server so ... We could donate money just in purpose to promove the server in Asia. What we can lose? Already losing time if theres not an active community.
Its possible to be possitive at least 1 time?
Im thinking if there are many asian players that start playing on that host, there will be more donations and a wide of probabilities can show up, hiring new capable GMs, getting back motivation of GMSignPainter, who knows, it could be something cyclical for good *this time*
Image
~ ColoMaX D4 Yllsean Warrior~

Big
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: Place your bets

Postby Big » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:13 pm

mewraja wrote:I voted zero (0) because let's be real.
What's the point of all this low ping in Asia region but there's no official effort to promote the server?
Or new/additional features to attract new players?



Agree, and voted 0 too.

If ill get 300 ping sure quit faster than alt+F4

mewraja
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 am

Re: Place your bets

Postby mewraja » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

ExtraOrdinary wrote:Lets be positive and try something, we like this server so ... We could donate money just in purpose to promove the server in Asia. What we can lose? Already losing time if theres not an active community.
Its possible to be possitive at least 1 time?
Im thinking if there are many asian players that start playing on that host, there will be more donations and a wide of probabilities can show up, hiring new capable GMs, getting back motivation of GMSignPainter, who knows, it could be something cyclical for good *this time*


Anyone can be as positive as they want, but they have to accept the reality too, however ugly it may be.
Otherwise, they're just daydreaming and will get nowhere.

Maintaining a server does require money, and donation does help in some way, but I doubt Jill has any problem maintaining the server based on how strong the server has prevailed all these years, with or without donation.
Promoting a server on the other hand, requires ZERO amount of donation, so your suggestion makes no sense at all.
About many Asian players playing leads to more donations, well first, you have to get those players to come first. With minimal to no effort of promoting the server officially with interesting features, that seems to be a long shot.

Just face it. To increase the server population, we need more than just low ping.

User avatar
bminickw
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Place your bets

Postby bminickw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Sucks for the South Americans that just came back :(
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

User avatar
GMSignPainter
Site Admin
Posts: 2508
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Lyon - France
Contact:

Re: Place your bets

Postby GMSignPainter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

I would like to remind that nothing is definitive and Singapore is just one of several locations we want to try out. We are not going to move there if a bunch of our playerbase (South American players) cannot play there in good conditions.

ArabianArrow
Posts: 2016
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Place your bets

Postby ArabianArrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 pm

GMSignPainter wrote:I would like to remind that nothing is definitive and Singapore is just one of several locations we want to try out. We are not going to move there if a bunch of our playerbase (South American players) cannot play there in good conditions.


Can you address mewraja's post? He made some reasonable points.

User avatar
bminickw
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Place your bets

Postby bminickw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

GMRootx... duh??? :)
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

User avatar
GMSignPainter
Site Admin
Posts: 2508
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Lyon - France
Contact:

Re: Place your bets

Postby GMSignPainter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 pm

mewraja wrote:
ExtraOrdinary wrote:Lets be positive and try something, we like this server so ... We could donate money just in purpose to promove the server in Asia. What we can lose? Already losing time if theres not an active community.
Its possible to be possitive at least 1 time?
Im thinking if there are many asian players that start playing on that host, there will be more donations and a wide of probabilities can show up, hiring new capable GMs, getting back motivation of GMSignPainter, who knows, it could be something cyclical for good *this time*


Anyone can be as positive as they want, but they have to accept the reality too, however ugly it may be.
Otherwise, they're just daydreaming and will get nowhere.

Maintaining a server does require money, and donation does help in some way, but I doubt Jill has any problem maintaining the server based on how strong the server has prevailed all these years, with or without donation.
Promoting a server on the other hand, requires ZERO amount of donation, so your suggestion makes no sense at all.
About many Asian players playing leads to more donations, well first, you have to get those players to come first. With minimal to no effort of promoting the server officially with interesting features, that seems to be a long shot.

Just face it. To increase the server population, we need more than just low ping.

Increasing server population is a combination of all this afaik. Hosting in Asia might attract a few asian players but not much if we don't promote or there aren't any interesting features to attract. Staying in NA, they might come and then leave due to high ping (I know multiple of them stopped playing due to high ping).
Moving to an asian host isn't the only thing we are going to do. Once we've found a good host, we will actively promote the game. Meanwhile, we are also working on new changes to make the game more attractive.

Big
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: Place your bets

Postby Big » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Bring 30 asian player.
Lose BR and Args players, theyre like 30.

User avatar
GMSignPainter
Site Admin
Posts: 2508
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 pm
Location: Lyon - France
Contact:

Re: Place your bets

Postby GMSignPainter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Big wrote:Bring 30 asian player.
Lose BR and Args players, theyre like 30.

GMSignPainter wrote:I would like to remind that nothing is definitive and Singapore is just one of several locations we want to try out. We are not going to move there if a bunch of our playerbase (South American players) cannot play there in good conditions.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests