patch 107

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
ricky

Re: patch 107

Postby ricky » Mon May 22, 2017 11:21 pm

jesse wrote:Whth every other class got buffed and got new skills, +40 ac symbol removed, Maybe should give back priest's hidden resist on their robes. priest seems too weak in both offense and defense now.

Definately agree with this they are far too vulnerable now. The ac change was huge in its own and the hidden resist has made priests far too weak for a class that should be Tanky so you can actually live to ress and buff

Cell

Postby Cell » Tue May 23, 2017 12:32 am

d3 priest robe giving g9 resist all seems a huge buff agaisnt wizs just change your sets on situations........

priests shouldnt be front line damage dealers anyway :hmpf:

muking

Postby muking » Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 am

I played every classes in DR (may be not that much in Thief) and I do like to see more playing styles and varieties.

However, I can't see this updated can help to increase the playing styles in priest.
Personally, I don't mind to nerf the AC and make priest less tanky or much more easier to kill
(Although I said many times, Priest is supposed to be tanky as everyone in the massive fight/PVP will need priest to ress and buff? That's why the priest need to be a bit more tanky and stay alive to ress others., Otherwise all the fights will end relatively quicker.)

A lot of players often have a mindset that priest is too op.
However, with the new setting, priest is not tanky anymore
For example:1 stun from Archer (SFD/PRO/or other buff) can't prevent you from Archer Stun and then one double ex with stroke candle from archer, don't think any priest will be alive in the new setting)
Another example: An Grand Wizard with G14-15 BR, BL or even FB can quite easy to kill an priest with G8-9 Evasion and G8+ resist all on with SFD

I said before, I don't really mind to nerf the AC and even nerf the hidden resist in priest dual robe as long as those nerf can improve the game and increase more playing styles and varieties.
However, I didn't see this update help to increase more playing styles and varieties in priest.

A lot of classes except wizard in D4 (can be d5 later on) can use Mirror to prevent LD (They need to dual priest but at the same time you can have luck spell as well, not a bad choice), when a priest is facing a warrior (Pepsi then ex earth/light or even fire rose), Archer (Stun then double ex) and thief (Keep pepsi then may be ex)
All of those have mirror on, what are you expecting a priest to do? (D3 Spell? HC? Or just keep potting and let the rangers have fun to kill the priest?)

In the new setting, priest need minimum 2 pieces of AC rares which make it much more difficult as priest need evasion and then may be wise as well (Otherwise how can the priest cast a useless d3 spell when pepsi xD) So they might not even have space for 1 CA rares, and then some warriors have op G14-15 Desire.
What's the fun to play the priest when you can't attack anymore and then being pepsi and walk/cast very slowly and being raped by 3-4 rangers and what you can do is just keep potting.
Its like being a bag to let people punch it and you can't do anything to fight back.

To conclude, I don't mind to nerf the AC or even remove the hidden resist, but those nert doesn't seem to improve the game and fulfill any purpose it supposed to be.
I think the D3 spell need to be rework/improve or just add a new skills (AOE) for priest being offensive. Its don't need to be very op but its can help and give the chance for some players who want to play an offensive priest.
Otherwise, no matter which classes you choose(Saint, Averager, Templar and Fallen), you will still play the same style (keep potting and then HC and ress) and its not adding any new playing styles at all.
And to be fair, its just no fun to play with compare the others class especially archer/warrior/wizard.
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
Yllse Nameless Guild - Boss
Yllse Nameless Guild - Hell Boss
New AV Club - Champion
SkY CiTY & AV Club & Yllse Nameless Guild & New AV Club - Guild Master
TinGMonArcH & TinG

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 am

muking wrote:I played every classes in DR (may be not that much in Thief) and I do like to see more playing styles and varieties.

However, I can't see this updated can help to increase the playing styles in priest.
Personally, I don't mind to nerf the AC and make priest less tanky or much more easier to kill
(Although I said many times, Priest is supposed to be tanky as everyone in the massive fight/PVP will need priest to ress and buff? That's why the priest need to be a bit more tanky and stay alive to ress others., Otherwise all the fights will end relatively quicker.)

A lot of players often have a mindset that priest is too op.
However, with the new setting, priest is not tanky anymore
For example:1 stun from Archer (SFD/PRO/or other buff) can't prevent you from Archer Stun and then one double ex with stroke candle from archer, don't think any priest will be alive in the new setting)
Another example: An Grand Wizard with G14-15 BR, BL or even FB can quite easy to kill an priest with G8-9 Evasion and G8+ resist all on with SFD

I said before, I don't really mind to nerf the AC and even nerf the hidden resist in priest dual robe as long as those nerf can improve the game and increase more playing styles and varieties.
However, I didn't see this update help to increase more playing styles and varieties in priest.

A lot of classes except wizard in D4 (can be d5 later on) can use Mirror to prevent LD (They need to dual priest but at the same time you can have luck spell as well, not a bad choice), when a priest is facing a warrior (Pepsi then ex earth/light or even fire rose), Archer (Stun then double ex) and thief (Keep pepsi then may be ex)
All of those have mirror on, what are you expecting a priest to do? (D3 Spell? HC? Or just keep potting and let the rangers have fun to kill the priest?)

In the new setting, priest need minimum 2 pieces of AC rares which make it much more difficult as priest need evasion and then may be wise as well (Otherwise how can the priest cast a useless d3 spell when pepsi xD) So they might not even have space for 1 CA rares, and then some warriors have op G14-15 Desire.
What's the fun to play the priest when you can't attack anymore and then being pepsi and walk/cast very slowly and being raped by 3-4 rangers and what you can do is just keep potting.
Its like being a bag to let people punch it and you can't do anything to fight back.

To conclude, I don't mind to nerf the AC or even remove the hidden resist, but those nert doesn't seem to improve the game and fulfill any purpose it supposed to be.
I think the D3 spell need to be rework/improve or just add a new skills (AOE) for priest being offensive. Its don't need to be very op but its can help and give the chance for some players who want to play an offensive priest.
Otherwise, no matter which classes you choose(Saint, Averager, Templar and Fallen), you will still play the same style (keep potting and then HC and ress) and its not adding any new playing styles at all.
And to be fair, its just no fun to play with compare the others class especially archer/warrior/wizard.

there is still speed and life rare, which got improved in this patch :hmpf:
you can't went inactive for months, then come back to new patch with old gears and expect ypu'd come out with "new play style" with em
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

mewraja

Postby mewraja » Tue May 23, 2017 3:47 am

Give priest faster casting speed from WIS stats just like INT for wiz !!!! (Y)

proeel

Postby proeel » Tue May 23, 2017 4:09 am

How many priests have dual a class that is not Templar?

A: Nope, all of them still dual Templar because they all know without the ac bonus, they die instantly.
(Even you dual Templar, You still are NOT as tanky as before the AC nerf, although you do get 5k hp bonus, I take that HP as a balance to the AC nerf)

If you disagree with above, make your comment but according to the testing, your defense got nerfed even you dual in Templar.

So lets compare the following:

AC nerf: thief/archer/warrior with double hand weapon all benefit something from this AC nerf since they fight with lower AC. Others, its a nerf.

Symbol rework: thief/archer/warrior/wizard their offensive set benefited greatly because symbol now overlap.
G14 desire(40% bonus)/G14 critcia(40%bonus)l/G24 force(20%bonus) and priests actually get one less rare effect to use because they are forced to wear an additional pieces of AC in fight.

Removed hidden magic resist: this makes priest a tough situation as they need to choose between resist rares or lethy. Even Templar wont be able to live in a team fight with lethy on, how do you expect other class to live with lethy? With a resist rare and two ac on, What last piece of rare you want that priest to use? speed?eva?smart?hp?ca? How do you create "more play style" when ac nerf/resist removed limit so many things?

Said many times, not against nerfing priests but if you apply all changes together. It makes EXTREME if you consider team fight scenario.
Happy Gaming xD

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Tue May 23, 2017 4:56 am

1. It is not ppl know the importance of additional red ac from symbol but simply because no one willing to change to other dual class for priest

2. Forget about the g14 critical/desire crap, those who with thee dual symbol have very bad accuracy than before(except earmaster)and they were open to Curse type spell such as blind, so it is a fair trade

3.if we were talk about mass pk scenario, I don't think we will have enough useful information here as we do not have any great pk to tell either the nerf are good or bad for priest at this point, The pk are just too sad to mention right now, leave alone that u expect it actually gives u info that the nerf are extreme or not

muking

Postby muking » Tue May 23, 2017 7:58 am

Cell wrote:d3 priest robe giving g9 resist all seems a huge buff agaisnt wizs just change your sets on situations........

priests shouldnt be front line damage dealers anyway :hmpf:

I need to say I don't mind AC Nerf or Remove the hidden resist in priest.

Priest never be a front line damage no matter in old or new setting.

If people use Mirror or get the Anti LD from the priest, they don't need to worry LD anymore.

Also, LD CANNOT kill anyone immediately, 44-45k for a d4 priest LD on Archer/Thief/Warrior without Mirror, who are with at least 48-49k (with life they can easily reach 54k).

Unlike BL/Double ex, you CANNOT Pot and will die immediately under those attack. You can always pot with LD even you are playing wizard which is the only classes now afraid LD.

Haven't Mention yet the casting time is very long even without pepsi (stupidly long with pepsi) compare to insane time for ex earth/light or double ex on thief/archer and BL in wizard.

LD is only an one on one skills (not like BL and FB, you can kill quite a few players together at the same time), not to mention that how difficult to aim the people if they are invisible or wearing 167 (oh can be 197 in the future when D5).

So, with that long casting time, what offensive spell is worth to use when a priest with or even without pepsi but getting raped by 3-4 ppl around?

The useless D3 spell? (With the same casting time, how many BL or Archer stun + double ex can you use when a priest finally successfully cast a D3 spell?)
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
New AV Club - Champion
TinGMonArcH & TinG

muking

Postby muking » Tue May 23, 2017 8:20 am

mofomaycry wrote:1. It is not ppl know the importance of additional red ac from symbol but simply because no one willing to change to other dual class for priest

2. Forget about the g14 critical/desire crap, those who with thee dual symbol have very bad accuracy than before(except earmaster)and they were open to Curse type spell such as blind, so it is a fair trade

3.if we were talk about mass pk scenario, I don't think we will have enough useful information here as we do not have any great pk to tell either the nerf are good or bad for priest at this point, The pk are just too sad to mention right now, leave alone that u expect it actually gives u info that the nerf are extreme or not

For more playing styles in Priest, we need to think about the skills/Spells that priest have at the moment.
I have to say again the nerf AC or remove hidden resist are fine AS LONG AS They can improve the game/the quality of PVP.

Archer nowadays don't really need to use any AC Drop (without ac drop the damage is good enough to kill ALL the priest (Templar or non Templar) with stroke candles on)
Warrior/Thief don't need to use poison anymore because the damage is good enough to kill the priest or raped their pots very quickly.

What offensive spells except LD for priest is worth to cast (with much long casting time compare to Wizard spell even with g7+ wise on) with low successful rate to finish the casting? Not to mention that LD is very difficult to aim when the people invisible or moving very fast with 167/197 shoes with buff smart rares which you mentioned and LD can aim one person at the time and CANNOT kill anyone immediately unlike BL/EX 44-45k for a d4 priest LD on Archer/Thief/Warrior without Mirror, who are with at least 48-49k (with life they can easily reach 54k).

With Mirror on, the priest will just keep potting until they ran out or die straight away?
For archer/wizard/thief, they can at least use stun/invisible and then run away, not to mention warrior as they are the Top rank class now with highest HP and highest white AC.

I need to ask again, what are you expecting the priest to do? (No matter which class he/she dual? Fallen, Saint, Templar or Averager)
Standing or moving and let the ranger to have fun and hitted/killed by the rangers?
I mean priest don't need a op magic but at least you need to give one self defense magic for them to fight back.
Otherwise, ask yourself, Are they fun to play with?
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
New AV Club - Champion
TinGMonArcH & TinG

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 pm

1. being able to inflict 44k with full def set equipped (and not a single damage boosting item) is just too much
2. git gud, seeing the way u won't die in abyss already tell us that priest doesn't need anymore buffs

Return to “General Chat”