Your impressions so far

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
Elmy

Re: Your impressions so far

Postby Elmy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 pm

ii. Bugs. Any player(s) who finds a bug MUST report it immediately. Any player(s) found abusing bugs will be punished. The bug in question will determine the severity and length of punishment.

I wonder if they will enforce it? Well, the longer they wait, the more chances that someone who did it legitimately will be punished for it. Is this really going to be swept under the carpet? Would like to see a GM response on this. Accelerate has already pointed out the important parts of how this has been / will be abused. People even got tons of free crit by leveling it up way faster than they should have been.

To be honest, I'm still 50/50 on whether I'm going to play at all, so if something like this is going to be ignored, then that'll probably be it for me.

As a note, I am sympathetic to you, Sign. I know your manpower is limited, and you're pretty much a one-man army. I also have no idea how you can properly address this. I realize I'm probably being unfair and unrealistic, but the impact of this is to huge for me to just ignore. People just got huge headstarts, and tons of free rare-makers. It might not seem like it, but down the line, this will make a considerable difference.
Why should I fear Death? If Death is,
I am not, if I am, Death is not. So why
should I fear that which can only exist if
I do not?

Accelerate

Postby Accelerate » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 pm

I couldn't agree more. This is just insane. As an experiment I mucked about with this (Check log files nothing was given to anyone and the character was deleted) But I got a level 2 to 50/50 Butching Tailoring in under 15 minutes with about 15k crit. If that wasn't problem enough the generous stacks that the NPC was selling could have allowed me (Or anyone else for that matter) to easily bank hundreds and hundreds of materials for others to "Power level" with. This really is a HUGE problem. I'm with Elmy on this being hard to deal with but maybe whiping everyone who has tailoring/butching and removing all tailor/butching items in game currently could be the best course of action. Of course this is going to really hurt those honest players who worked for their job levels. But like Elmy said if nothing is done about this it will become a huge problem in the long run I mean this has allowed anyone who had the chance to run the market with rares and the like off just wool alone! (They were selling as full stacks for what 9 crit? Insanity, Period) Anyways thats my two cents on the matter and its absolutely NEEDS to be addressed.

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:44 am

I found a bug last night that allowed me to get to 99.9999 tailor and iniinite money I wanted. Reported and I got it all removed.

Also, the skins only really allowed you to get to what? 50 tailor? And how many people actually did that? The best bet would be to remove the skins that people stock piled, if people were smart enough to do that. I dont know about you guys, but mining will be a ton easier than tailoring. At least you have mine fields that u can just afk click and pick up items when u feel like.

With tailoring, you must kill orcs, skin them, go town, make silk, kill scorps, skin them, make grace clothe, kill man scorps skin them, make premium clothe, now go back to either mugs, scorp, or man scorp and kill them, skin them.

Now you can start to make rares.

With blacksmithing, go to mine field, afk click, pick up ore, make items.

Whats the unfair advantage now?

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:
SIGNATURE FIXED YAY!

Elmy

Postby Elmy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:47 am

Minipp wrote:I found a bug last night that allowed me to get to 99.9999 tailor and iniinite money I wanted. Reported and I got it all removed.

Also, the skins only really allowed you to get to what? 50 tailor? And how many people actually did that? The best bet would be to remove the skins that people stock piled, if people were smart enough to do that. I dont know about you guys, but mining will be a ton easier than tailoring. At least you have mine fields that u can just afk click and pick up items when u feel like.

With tailoring, you must kill orcs, skin them, go town, make silk, kill scorps, skin them, make grace clothe, kill man scorps skin them, make premium clothe, now go back to either mugs, scorp, or man scorp and kill them, skin them.

With blacksmithing, go to mine field, afk click, pick up ore, make items.

Whats the unfair advantage now?

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:

You can feel free to justify it to yourself as much as you like.
I do not?

Accelerate

Postby Accelerate » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 am

Yea, I'm actualy having trouble believing that your supporting this bug where people could purchase and stockpile tailoring items. Or even dismissing it as fair. Have you completely lost your mind or do you just like causing trouble? Based on previous posts from you trolling seems to be the talent you are best at. Of course something needs to be done about this problem they had. If you wont contribute to help the problem out why honestly bother to post anything at all? Seems like a waste of time. And your comment about being able to easily macro mining and wood cutting. Hasn't Butching always been at a severe disadvantage Vs those trades? Good point lets give them such an unfair advantage to make up for it?

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 am

I have stated that I believe the best option is to remove the skins that people have stockpiled. How is this in anyway supporting the bug? I hardly support the server to begin with. (Where has GMPsipress been anyway?) The only thing I am currently doing is jobbing. This is not typical for me. I am the type of person to rush rush rush level and I would be one of the top 5 players right now.

As you mentioned, some people have worked for what they got without buying their skins from the shop. Is it fair to remove their tailor levels? Like I said, the only fair option left to do is to remove stock piled skins. I would say Orc skins would be the only valuable skin in the long run, since it makes silk which is one of the most important cloth you need. Wool has no value in the long run along with the other items. Should they remove thread also?

When I talk about the difficulty of the two jobs, I am basically opening up another discussion.

Bottom line of this whole conversation is the server was poorly launched. Simple as that. Call me a troll or call me whatever, it wont change my mind or my thinking. I am a dick and might as well get used to it. Many people have known that for years.

Thanks,
Minipp :evil:
SIGNATURE FIXED YAY!

Frep

Postby Frep » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 am

Elmy wrote:Mall should have been open off the bat to make the server some money, and make leveling easier on players.

If people already had RE and bought capes/pills that would give those people an advantage for the lvl 100 event. By not implementing the mall it gives everyone the same chance at attempting to win the event. Also, for those that would have bought RE won't they still buy RE when it becomes available so no real drawbacks there.
Last edited by Frep on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elmy

Postby Elmy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 am

Regarding the difference between the two jobs, I fail to see how it is any different than it was before. Except now they have to kill orcs first. Tailors still have to kill shitloads of mobs. Smithers still have to deal with empty nodes. Additionally, job items now stack, and you cannot fail making items. This makes things, overall, easier, in my opinion.

Frep; the level 100 event rewards are puny at best. Why should the rest of the server suffer because of 3 people who will receive mediocre rewards at best?
I do not?

Frep

Postby Frep » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 am

At the beginning of the server everyone has the potential at claiming the prize for the event, but if people already had RE then there would be more people who "suffer" than those who wouldn't. And I wouldn't really call leveling/playing without the use of additional donation items "suffering" it's more like playing the game for what it is.

the level 100 event rewards are puny at best.

If the prizes are so puny why don't you at a later point in time when you have 2500 RE+cape dye+4 sards give them away to a total random stranger? You won't unless you quit because in reality of the game they hold worth and the magnitude of that worth isn't so puny.

Elmy

Postby Elmy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:26 am

Not worth my time to argue your shitty points here, sorry.
I do not?

Return to “General Chat”