Hotkey and equipment bug

GMNyx

Hotkey and equipment bug

Postby GMNyx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:47 pm

"Bug to be fixed: if the char is using +stat items that is required to wear the second set, it doesn't count the +stat from the new equipment and therefore doesn't equipt the items. EX: Player A has a +3CON ring and needs the +3CON ring to wear item set B. Player A presses F9 to equip item set B but all items falls off the player except for the +3CON ring because the calculation for the requirements of the equipped items is done before the items are put on. This will cause items to drop from the bag if there is not enough spaces for both sets of items to be in the bag.

because the coding for the F9/F10 key is coded so that it records the general item ID # in the items table. It doesn't take into account the rare effect. If the code is changed to record the specific item id (limit) then it can be fixed.
"

Posted by people who do not want credit for this. Nice (Y)

Kasumi_Chan

Re: Hotkey and equipment bug

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 pm

'-_- I don't understand this... May you give another example? :hmpf:

DeathToAll

Postby DeathToAll » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

what she said. '-_-
FallenMoon
Lv:8x

NorthernStar
Lv : 103
(Y)
YLLSE

Feralize

Postby Feralize » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 am

Example:

You have 60 CON

You want to wear an item that needs 63 CON

Solution without leveling: wear +3 CON ring.

Should add up 63 CON = enough to wear the new items

Bug = it doesn't count the CON from other items as requirement for other items, so you can still not wear it.

DeathToAll

Postby DeathToAll » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:13 am

ohh soo to wear a new awesome weapon that need 63 con and you have a ring that add +3 con just press f9 and boom auto equip the new weapon + the ring? :greet: :hmpf: lawl lawl
FallenMoon
Lv:8x

NorthernStar
Lv : 103
(Y)
YLLSE

Elmy

Postby Elmy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Gonna answer this here because I actually just noticed that the description of this bug is not entirely correct. At least, it's not what people were originally aiming for.

Although the +stats items thing is an issue, this really shouldn't be 'that' much of a problem.

The real problem is the whole same-type of item not being recognized as a different rare thing. Shayne described it fairly well in his original post, so I'll try to do the same... Say you have a G4 Force Mischa and a G4 Force Vinty.

I set my equipment for F9 to wear the G4 Force Mischa. My F10 is set for the G4 Force Vinty.

I can swap between those 2 with no problems, so long as that Mischa and that Vinty are the only ones of their kinds in my inventory.

Now let's add a G4 Distance Mischa to the mix.

Say I'm wearing the Force Mischa (and have it saved to F9). I swap to the Vinty (F10). In my inventory, the Distance Mischa is now 'first'. So, the Force Mischa, when it was unequipped, was put in a later slot. When I press F9 again, it will make me wear the Distance Mischa, despite the fact that I saved F9 for the Force one. This happens because it doesn't recognize the rare, simply the item, and it picks the first type of that item from your inventory that it finds.

The solution you posted fixes the last problem, but I'm not entirely sure how it's supposed to fix the +stats thing.

On another note, can we reduce the 10 second timer between swaps? It's fairly annoying. I'm not sure how it would unbalance things, but it would be cool if we could swap at will.
Why should I fear Death? If Death is,
I am not, if I am, Death is not. So why
should I fear that which can only exist if
I do not?

GMNyx

Postby GMNyx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

On another note, can we reduce the 10 second timer between swaps? It's fairly annoying. I'm not sure how it would unbalance things, but it would be cool if we could swap at will.

Wont be removed but maybe decrease timer

Shayne

Postby Shayne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:03 pm

GMNyx wrote: If the code is changed to record the specific item id (limit) then it can be fixed.

Can this be fixed? Will it be fixed or is it still up for debate?

Elmy wrote:On another note, can we reduce the 10 second timer between swaps? It's fairly annoying. I'm not sure how it would unbalance things, but it would be cool if we could swap at will.

+ 1.. maybe 5 seconds will be better?
Zero Tolerance

GMNyx

Postby GMNyx » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:25 pm

vote in suggestions forum about the timer

Return to “Solved”