lol... Spherix have a look at this..

shinto

Re: lol... Spherix have a look at this..

Postby shinto » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 am

LegendPro wrote:
shinto wrote:im guessing romeo is from malaysia? revival from malaysia? legendpro from malaysia as well? dragon109 wasn't lagging that war, and i guess he is not from malaysia..... So, hmm thats

it can u confirm thats he is not lagging

ya he was there spamming 30-40 BL with ease, and potting probably.

dun think so .. story was another , so let waits gms check about your screen shot
im not sure cause that time u was having 1 k ping i smooth in game at town dueling.

First of all i am not malaysian, not even close. So when im having k ping, of course you don't have to be lagging.

And no, i didnt post to have GM check about my screenshots lol i posted just to show that anyone can lag for a period of time, and most of them don't come and post on forums.

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:22 pm

The more players that are active in your screen, the more data your connection has to process. If players are just standing idle, that's already a lot less data than you'd get in war: Players running around, casting spells and skills, taking potions, etc. etc. It does not at all sound that odd that during war, your ping will rise due to the rise in activity of players around you.
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

kit8989

Postby kit8989 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm

GMSpherix wrote:The more players that are active in your screen, the more data your connection has to process. If players are just standing idle, that's already a lot less data than you'd get in war: Players running around, casting spells and skills, taking potions, etc. etc. It does not at all sound that odd that during war, your ping will rise due to the rise in activity of players around you.

I am not sure that this is the reason or not
ya, more players in the screen will cause a bit lag than normal..
but, how about the "extra lag" and "sudden lag"...?
the feeling just like something unnormal, like someone open the speedhack( coz in hk dr, when ppl open speend hack, the screen will be sudden lag)

in today bm, I have 2-3 mins feeling "extra lag", and the screen is full of ppl and yes mnay ppl in the screen
but compare to other situation which many ppl in the screen, that 2-3 mins I feel extra lag
I can't do anything, when walking around, suddenly I dead and seddenly alive and dead, and can't cast any spell
currently, I am in Euro, so is not very lag usually
but sometime in war, and maze I feel quite lag
hope not cause by someone using hack!!!
~~God Bless You All~~

DragonRaja-Kingdom~
DragonRaja-Kingdom~God of Arena
GamEKinG (dual Class 4 wizard)
Screw (first dual class 4 in yllse)
FunGandTinG (dual class 2 warrior)

Ipwn_

Postby Ipwn_ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:31 pm

GMSpherix wrote:The more players that are active in your screen, the more data your connection has to process. If players are just standing idle, that's already a lot less data than you'd get in war: Players running around, casting spells and skills, taking potions, etc. etc. It does not at all sound that odd that during war, your ping will rise due to the rise in activity of players around you.

This would make more sense if people had the exact same, if not worse lag in BM. It seems like the lag only really becomes a problem during war, but there are typically more people active in the boss room of a dungeon than on any map during war. Just some thoughts...

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 pm

That does sound more logical, yes; but don't forget that the war processes a lot more data as well. Stones under attack, # of participants in war, PWP, etc. I wouldn't dare to say that this _is_ the cause of the problems experienced, it still sounds weird to me, but I wouldn't agree that BM would cause lag more per sé
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

Ipwn_

Postby Ipwn_ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm

kit8989 wrote:in today bm, I have 2-3 mins feeling "extra lag", and the screen is full of ppl and yes mnay ppl in the screen
but compare to other situation which many ppl in the screen, that 2-3 mins I feel extra lag
I can't do anything, when walking around, suddenly I dead and seddenly alive and dead, and can't cast any spell
currently, I am in Euro, so is not very lag usually
but sometime in war, and maze I feel quite lag
hope not cause by someone using hack!!!

Well i misread this portion of that post.... apparently the same problem does occur in bm. I hardly ever lag to badly though, probably on account of living in the US. But even so, the amount of lag people claim to experience seems much higher than I would expect. Has our host been experiencing any issues? I also recall seeing a post on facebook about possibly changing hosts when the contract ends. Do we have any more information on that? Also, just a curiosity, when does the contract end? Anyway, back on topic, i think this really could be an issue with the host.

Btw, just thought id say thanks for your work on this server (Y)

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:06 pm

im using unifi (u could say it is the best internet connection we had in Malaysia atm since it use Fiber optic,wuuu ) and i still having this problem sometimes

while i'm standing in town,i got 200-300 ms,but when i move,even a few step,my ping will jump too 400-600

and base on my online gaming life in Malaysia so far,i've play dota,LoL,games on ps3 and such,i would like to say that as long as u're connecting to anyone or any server out of Asia (sometimes even Asia too), u better don't expect u could play the game smoothly
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

forecaster

Postby forecaster » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:51 pm

mofomaycry wrote:im using unifi (u could say it is the best internet connection we had in Malaysia atm since it use Fiber optic,wuuu ) and i still having this problem sometimes

while i'm standing in town,i got 200-300 ms,but when i move,even a few step,my ping will jump too 400-600

and base on my online gaming life in Malaysia so far,i've play dota,LoL,games on ps3 and such,i would like to say that as long as u're connecting to anyone or any server out of Asia (sometimes even Asia too), u better don't expect u could play the game smoothly

same in India . 200-300 sometimes 400. :W:

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Ipwn_ wrote:Has our host been experiencing any issues? I also recall seeing a post on facebook about possibly changing hosts when the contract ends. Do we have any more information on that? Also, just a curiosity, when does the contract end? Anyway, back on topic, i think this really could be an issue with the host.

Btw, just thought id say thanks for your work on this server (Y)

Our host has not been experiencing anything unusual lately that we know of. We are indeed looking at options to host from other locations. We've done a few test regarding proxy or tunnel server setups in Hong Kong, but connection would still be at a 300-400ms for a 'ping' request only, let alone gameplay. However, we noticed that connection from and to North-America (Canada for example) provided a decent connection to Europe, Asia and of course, America. Our contract with our current host expires somewhere around February (on top of my head, don't hold me to that); so we might start some more serious testing somewhere around December - January so we can guarantee a smooth transition to a possible other location. If tests however do not meet our levels of satisfaction, we will likely stay at the same place.

This, however, does not mean that it's a solution to the problem the TS spoke about.
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

forecaster

Postby forecaster » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Actually i used to play WOW in TW server , since i am a Chinese main land player , if any proxy(which setup in the client computer in order to connet overseas server like Chinese play online game in a US server ) can solove this problem , just let me know . about a month ago , IPMANA (a proxy ) used to work very well , but recently it does not work anymore .

Actually ,people play online games by using proxy in order to reduce the lag is very common in China . and now I am in India , after 6 months i would go back to china , I don't think i will still get 300-400 ping in China , so i am warried about this issue ..

Return to “Solved”