Error: Client is not up to date, Guide to fixing this proble

Are you having trouble launching the game or any other non-ingame related issues? Post them here to get help.
xZarrx

Error: Client is not up to date, Guide to fixing this proble

Postby xZarrx » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 am

Hi guys... I've recently encountered a problem with running DR-Int at the log in screen. When I tried to log into DR, I received the Error message;

Please go to 'http://forum.dr-int.com to receive an update.'

So I came here to the forum, searched through every thread and topic, still, nothing helped me solve my issue...

This method was tested (4/4/10) successful on Windows 7 Ultimate, and is also believed that this has only occurred on Windows 7 Ultimate...

My OS Information is as followed,

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HOME
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 531
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, 2009 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.3, 6/15/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name Home\
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 766 MB
Available Physical Memory 201 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.79 GB
Available Virtual Memory 611 MB
Page File Space 1.04 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

First, I downloaded the client from;
http://dr-int.com/downloads.php

Then after installation, I proceeded to run the DR client, Then I received the error message about needing an update at log in, to come to the forum to find it...

So I came here, found multiple threads - Such as the one explaining that you might need to run DR as administrator, (see here for example)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1583

That didn't work...

OK, So that didn't work for me, So I searched further, then I came to this little thread about making sure I had Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) installed... So I found a link to download the package...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Guess what... That didn't work either, I already had it, and the only options it gave me after downloading were "Repair, or Uninstall"

"OK... Now what?", Is what I was thinking...

SOooo... I post an Irate topic in the bugs section of the forum here, and Instantly I received a reply... Mostly, they were telling me everything I had already tried... but eventually, we were able to smooth things out...

A Guy posted a link for me to try, said that it should fix all my problems...

This link thanks to "Duran" of the DR Forums
http://www.dragonraja.eu/patch/dr-globa ... 7-full.zip

Unfortunately, When I tried to unpack the file into "Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Dragon Raja Global" (Say's that there are alike files in that folder and asked if you would like to copy the newer file over them; Yes to all) The status message of the unpacking said "Access Denied" to every file I tried to unpack.

So I come back to my thread her on the forum and Someone else has posted the solution to my newer problem...

"Elmy" States;
Unzip the patch on your desktop (or anyone that isn't the DR folder). Then copy the files that were extracted, then paste them into that folder. For some reason, that let me replace them without getting access denied.

So what I did was make a new folder on my desktop, Unpacked all the files in that new folder, Opened the new folder afterwords, clicked on the first file, then ctrl+a to select all files, then right click, copy, went back to "Local Disc (C:) > Program Files > Dragon Raja Global", Right clicked on the Dragon Raja Global folder, selected past, said yes to all, and all but the last 3 files were accepted. The last 3 files needed administrative access to be changed. That was it... all Cake and candy from there on out...

Now I went back into the DRG folder, right clicked on the updater file, selected Run as Administrator, clicked start, went full screen, and both option box's checked, input my log in and PW, and BOOM!!! my computer blew up....

JUST KIDDING lol... It worked xD So I hope this helps guys... hf n gl n DR

Lord Bellthazar :P Y Nation 4 eva o.-

P.S.
Write meh back and let me know how my 1st how to was xD

*****UPDATE*****
4/5/10

Now, There is another patch, if you haven't figured out how to fix it in yet, Here are the links provided by GM
http://www.dragonraja.eu/patch/dr-global-patch-ver8.zip
http://www.dragonraja.eu/patch/dr-globa ... 8-full.zip

Just do the same thing here as you had to do with the last one. Make new folder on desktop, unpack first link files there, open new folder, copy the 2 files, past them in the DRG folder, yes to all, delete what you unpacked in new folder, unpack 2nd link to new folder, and same process from there...

Once again... GL n HF n DR!!!
Last edited by xZarrx on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amaniDr

Re: Error: Client is not up to date, Guide to fixing this proble

Postby amaniDr » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:17 pm

lol man....

AdorableRage

Postby AdorableRage » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 am

pray it works for me!

Varrin

Postby Varrin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:04 pm

It Should work for all Windows 7 users.. I Automatically did this when i got access denied b4 ever looking here.. It works fine. Also Windows 7 Users instead of always right clicking on the updater and choosinf run as administrator all the time just do this... Right click on the program of choice (in this case DRG) then select "Properties" then click on the tab titled "Compatibility" and under "Privilege Level" there is a box that says "Run as administrator" click it so that there is a check in it then click apply, Now your good to go all you have to do is double click the program and it automatically runs it as administrator.

Neltharain

Postby Neltharain » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:47 am

it seem that the link isn't working any more can u post it again?

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 am

Neltharain wrote:it seem that the link isn't working any more can u post it again?

which link? the link to the patch? Just run updater.exe that's located in your DR folder to download the patch.

Neltharain

Postby Neltharain » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:13 am

thank

xZarrx

Postby xZarrx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 am

Neltharain wrote:it seem that the link isn't working any more can u post it again?

I believe my thread may be out of date now. I think the GM's have fixed the auto updater to fix these problems.

jonatankid

Re: Error: Client is not up to date, Guide to fixing this pr

Postby jonatankid » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:14 am

hi i have bin having the same problem to but i have a windows xp its form 2000 :(, so i tried the log in as admin and that didnt work then i tryed this post http://dr-int.com/downloads.php and the page just says page 404 not found pleas help me >.< and insted of having update.exe i have update when i right click it, it says run ass... i click it then it shows the computer profiels on top and in the bottom log in as admin i check the admin box then it says i have to type a password WHAT PASSWORD WTF >:[] HELP ME

xZarrx

Re: Error: Client is not up to date, Guide to fixing this pr

Postby xZarrx » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:16 am

thought i might bump this, still some useful info here :D

Return to “Technical Support”