[Event] Taming Competition

Here will be posted the upcoming events in the world of Dragon Raja.
GMTempest

[Event] Taming Competition

Postby GMTempest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 am

The Event
Think you're good with animals? Well come and prove it! This weekend there will be a taming competition held at O/X arena. GMTempest will be summoning various monsters, some easy and some hard! Whoever tames the beasts shall receive a prize.

There will be multiple rounds of summonings, how many of each monster will depend on how fast they are tamed! The event will last roughly 30 minutes.

Taming: How to
The skill taming requires a level of 35 to learn. You can learn it at the following places:
Barantan: 359, 166
Heltern Village: 246, 160
Renus: 268, 138

You will also need to have a shepherds stick equipped to use taming. This can be bought from any carpenters store.

When using the skill on a monster, you will notice it the words "You have tamed about XXX percent" where XXX=numbers. Note the percent is not a actual percentage, in other words 100 percent does not mean the monster will be tamed. After you reach a certain number, the beast will become tamed and follow your every command!

Tip: Multiple people can work together on the same beast to tame it much faster! However only one person may be the master and this is the person who has the "last click".
Tip2: If you are failing (Not gaining points) when taming a monster, it could mean the monster is too hard for your current taming level. By raising your taming level you will tame monsters faster and with less chance of failure

The Prize
Different beasts will yield different rewards.

Cows and Lambs: Gold Coin
Man-eating plant: 5 sards
Goblin: Gold coin+5 sards
Orc: 4 Gold Coins
Lizardman/troll: 500 RE
Mugina: Secret of choice+500 RE [Medium Taming Level Required]
Crystal Golem: Cyclop skin+500 RE+Secret of choice [Medium Taming Level Required]

*If your taming skill is too low it will have a high chance of failure on Mugina and Crystal Golem. Points will not raise.

Rules
One rule: You can only tame one mugina and/or crystal golem per round! Meaning if you already have tamed a mugina, you cannot tame another. If you have already tamed a crystal golem, you cannot tame another. Likewise, if you have already tamed a mugina you cannot tame a crystal golem and vice versa.

When it will be held
Event 1: Saturday, January 15th, 18:00:00 Server time
Event 2: Sunday, January 16th, 04:00:00 Server time

The location
O/X map. It can be accessed from the colossal arena NPC @ 117,110.
GMTempest's corner of laughs
Videos:

Note: I am MIA for a pretty long period of time. Busy with real life. If you need me for whatever reason, PM one of the GMs to contact me

GMTempest

Re: [Event] Taming Competition

Postby GMTempest » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:56 pm

Updated! New rule for 4:00:00 Event

Code: Select all

One rule: You can only tame one mugina and/or crystal golem per round!Meaning if you already have tamed a mugina, you cannot tame another. If you have already tamed a crystal golem, you cannot tame another. Likewise, if you have already tamed a mugina you cannot tame a crystal golem and vice versa.
Videos:

Note: I am MIA for a pretty long period of time. Busy with real life. If you need me for whatever reason, PM one of the GMs to contact me

GMTempest

Re: [Event] Taming Competition

Postby GMTempest » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:03 am

That concludes the taming competition event! See you all next time
Videos:

Return to “Events”