We are finally ready to give a new update on local war whereby we solve some of the current issues, which are:
- Any non-priest class would get stuck at a certain PWP level, only being able to get more PWP by making kills.
- Priests on the other hand could get the maximum PWP fairly easy.
- When the PWP limit on attacking stones was reached you would not get more PWP. Most people thought this was a bug as it was unclear.
- Dual fame and fame were sometimes not assigned at the end of war.
- Defenders have a harder time getting PWP than attackers although being equally valuable.
In this update we've aimed to solve the above issues while keeping in mind technical constraints, time constraints and abuse.
The changes we've made are quite a few and listed here as follows:
- The requirement of earning at least 50 PWP before getting the PWP reward from stone destruction has been removed.
- Due to this the PWP reward for stone destruction has been lowered:
* Being near a Great Grassland stone when it is destroyed: 20 PWP.
* Not being near a Great Grassland stone when it is destroyed: 10 PWP.
* Being in the same map when a non-Great Grassland stone is destroyed: 40 PWP.
* Being in another map when a non-Great Grassland stone is destroyed: 20 PWP (defenders thus benefit from this).
- When a non-Great Grassland stone is destroyed, defensive players will earn the 20 PWP given that they are in a map where defence is needed (e.g. A Yllse defender in Great Jungle will not get PWP when the Yllse stones in Great Grassland have not all been destroyed yet).
- Only players from the nation that destroy an enemy stone will get the PWP reward (e.g. When Vyseus destroys a Yllse stone Zypern players will not be rewarded).
- Players that have been a ghost for more than 2 minutes or that changed maps while being a ghost will not get the PWP reward from stone destruction.
- The cooldown on reward for reviving and buffing another player has been removed.
- As a result the reward has been decreased to 1 PWP.
- Whenever a player gains or loses PWP or is denied his PWP, he will get a message on the top-left.
- Killing an enemy player near your own stones or in your own map will be counted as a defensive kill and earn you more PWP.
- Hitting an enemy player which is then killed within 10 seconds by someone else will get you PWP points for assisting in the kill.
- Assisting in killing an enemy player near your own stones or in your own map will get you more PWP points for assisting in the kill.
- When a nation wins or loses the war all players from that nation that participate in the war (on every map) are teleported to their main town and then assigned the dual fame and fame reward depending on their PWP. This should solve the reward bug.
The rules of local war can also be read in more detail in our in-game help pages (after we've performed the update).
We hope you'll enjoy these changes and if you have any questions feel free to ask them on the forum.
At least one GM will be present during the first war on Saturday with these new war changes. Please report any bugs in the 'Bug Reports' forum.
The GM Team