There will be a Server Maintenance this Thursday 09/08/2012 at 22:00:00 Server Time.
This maintenance will include the rest of the new Arena System as well as several bug fixes.
The new Arena System:
As some may have seen, I've added some weeks ago a new Arena System, allowing anyone to find random matches against random opponents. So far that system hasn't been much used as there was no reward of anykind and some people weren't even aware of its existence.
The upcoming update will add the rest of the Arena System. You will be able to create or join 3 Arena Teams per character. The size of the teams being 2, 3 and 5 men. Once your team is complete, you can join random ranked arena matches. Those matches will give yourself and your team ladder points and a whole new Arena Leaderboards will be added, showing the teams with the highest amount of ladder.
That system will be in beta-test for a couple of weeks in order to find and fix all the remaining bugs. To encourage people joining it, the teams with the highest ladder during the beta test will receive special rewards. Also, the people reporting the highest amount of bugs regarding the new system will also get rewards.
We will later use this system to integrate Arena Seasons within the game and at the end of the season the best teams will get rewards.
Also, everyone's ladder will be reseted during the maintenance.
I will give more details regarding the system during the maintenance.
As for the rest of the changes this maintenance will bring, here's the changelog:
- Added the Ranked Arena system.
- Random Arena matches now teleport the players back where they were once the match is over.
- Fixed several bugs redarging the new UI System
- Fixed several crashes happening when the client wasn't focused (e.g. when doing alt+tab)
- Fixed client freezing upon Tactic Level up.
- Fixed a crash upon the use of a candle.
- Fixed a crash regarding items.
- Fixed a crash due to a memory problem.
- Reduced UI memory usage.
- Added six new UI options, "active", "permanent", "priority", "silent", "OpenSound" and "CloseSound" (explained in UI forum).
- Added two new UIButton options, "silent" and "sound". (explained in UI forum)
- Added a Dark Bear mount (only available for GMs, sorry !).
- Space and Escape now close the UIs using the new system (unless they have permanent=1).
- Added sounds on closing/opening an UI from the new UI System.
- Added sounds on clicking on a button from the new UI System.
- The old and new UI systems do not conflict anymore.
As usual, this changelog might change before the maintenance.
-the Sign Painter