DR with multi-monitor bugged

If you have seen/encountered any ingame bug, please report it here, so it can be identified and fixed asap.
momokobo

DR with multi-monitor bugged

Postby momokobo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

When you run DR using a multi monitor setup (2 in my case, with different resolution, expanding the desktop) the client starts to lag/freeze after a couple few minutes.
The ping itself is not affected so I think the framerate drops a lot - also because when you just move the screen or mouse you notice small freezes.
Maybe the client render engine is allocating too much of the screen. Happens with both window mode and fullscreen (on one monitor).

Using ATI 7950 card.
Resolution on main screen is 1920x1080, second one was a little bit smaller (16xx x ... something) but I turned it off at the moment.

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Re: DR with multi-monitor bugged

Postby GMSpherix » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 pm

It's the way DR is programmed and we can't fix this unless we were to switch to other rendering techniques, which basically means recoding the entire game.

The only thing that 'works' for dual monitors without it falling into 'memory leak' status is running it fullscreen for me =/
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

momokobo

Postby momokobo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Aww okay, and it's not like the ATI fullscreen bug where you said the same but eventually got it fixed? :P
In fullscreen it only worked for a little while for me. Maybe I can find another workaround.

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Most GM's have been using more than one screen for years and it annoys the heck out of most of us, so if it were a doable fix, it'd be there :(
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 am

I have been able to fix this for specific versions of gdi32.dll for another game with smilar issue.
So will attempt the same for DR in near future.

Ipwn_

Postby Ipwn_ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:01 am

Admin wrote:I have been able to fix this for specific versions of gdi32.dll for another game with smilar issue.
So will attempt the same for DR in near future.

Nice to hear,but I feel like fixing mulitple screen issues should be a low priority considering there might not be anyoneto use this fix...

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:12 am

Admin here works on multiple projects, hence he finds solutions like this in other games every now and then ;)
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

misterd

Postby misterd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:15 pm

That's a somewhat infuriating respsonse, Spherix.

Ipwn has drawn your attention the ailing player-base and I agree that any GM effort really should be concentrated in that direction. Have you any comment on that matter? I don't expect an answer but I would add my name to those requesting new life is breathed into the game, especially for high levels players. I don't include myself in that category of player (yet), but it would be nice to see them in-game.
:ugeek:

GMSpherix
Site Admin

Postby GMSpherix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I've responded in the 'most relevant' topic on that subject, I am open to discussion or suggestion there or in a new topic; not in this one ;)
Check us out on Image
Or follow us on   Image

Return to “Bug Reports”