Fishing Typos / bugs [note: n]

If you have seen/encountered any ingame bug, please report it here, so it can be identified and fixed asap.
Elmy

Fishing Typos / bugs [note: n]

Postby Elmy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 am

Sort of a given on this one, but can never be too safe. The first quest for fishing asks for 30 fish and to get yourself a fishing pole. If you speak to him again, he doesn't mention what he requested, just for you to get on with it.

2nd quest, you need 40 small octopus. This time he mentions what he wants, but not the amount (40). Also, OCTUPUS is spelled wrong.

Don't remember if this is intended or not, but small octopus don't drop in town fish spots. Only Fish.

So, you may want to seriously consider lowering the amount of Small Octopus required for the 2nd quest or increasing the drop rate. Due to us gaining exp for jobs again right now, I went from 15 Fishing to 36 fishing before having enough small octopus to finish the quest. And I'm pretty sure they started dropping more as my level went up, so it would normally be even slower (seriously I got like 1 from 15 Fishing to 23 Fishing). I tried on both 'good' and 'bad' fishing spots.

3rd quest is good so far, except for the fact that he god damn wants more small octopus again. (Which is weird because you've learned Mackerel and Salmon at this point. At least, that quest boosted me to level 40 from 36, so I assume it's just set to put you at 40.) Just doesn't seem the follow the trend. Whatever.

-- Anyway, issue with 3rd quest, I was wrong. It takes the 30 fish it requests, but not the 30 small octopus. I had 32 small octopus at the time though, so that might be the issue. If I had 30, would it have taken it away? Maybe having more caused it to keep it. But I can't test that.

4th quest, asks for 50 Mackerel. Once again, when you talk to him after, he just says to hurry up and doesn't mention what you need.

I think these may have been done with Netting in mind. Well, Netting doesn't come automatically, so at this point I would now be able to afford it (200k reward on last quest). Anyway, we'll see now. I'll have to continue my fishing endeavor tomorrow. I was planning on leveling it to max and posting everything here at once, but the small octopus took way longer than I expected. To be continued!
Why should I fear Death? If Death is,
I am not, if I am, Death is not. So why
should I fear that which can only exist if
I do not?

Kasumi_Chan

Re: Fishing Typos / bugs [note: n]

Postby Kasumi_Chan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Elmy wrote:Also, OCTUPUS is spelled wrong.

Salmons is spelled wrong also o.o. They spelled it "Slamons"

Return to “Bug Reports”