Full Star Crest Quest Guide(Revised)

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
skywind

Full Star Crest Quest Guide(Revised)

Postby skywind » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:09 am

Caution! The content below is ORIGINAL! If you want to post it in other places, please notify me and list my name as the article author!

Reasons for doing this quest:
You need this item in you inventory for entering Venom Dungeon.
This item gives you extra ENDU and fire resistance.
This item is Grade 2 and is a ring item.

Requirements:
1[Book of Erich Romf], 30[Bone of Yeti]

Rewards:
1[Grade 2 Accurate Crest of Star] for the first completion, 1[Grade 2 Hardest Crest of Star] for the second onwards completion

Part I:
1. Talk to the NPC at (251,87) in Northern Wanen with the help of the command "/quest on", he will ask for a [Book of Erich Romf].
2. Hunt for 5[Piece of Seal Stone] from GREEN Charon(ether/antimagic) at the entrance of Sermenys Dungeon in Eastern Wanen. (Walk from Knockers Tower)
3. Bring the stones to the NPC at (239,512) in Northern Wanen for exchanging a [Book of Erich Romf].
4. Bring the book back to the NPC at (251,87) in Northern Wanen, and he will tell you the enchant for entering the Sermenys Dungeon from Eastern Wanen.
5. Head to the entrance of Sermenys Dungeon in Eastern Wanen, stand at the entrance and wait for the system to say that you cannot get in.
6. Type the enchant "memory proving existence" while you are standing at the entrance, step back afterwards and get in.
7. After you have entered the dungeon, wait for the instruction dialogue window pops out.
8. Click Enter in the dialogue window, or you wish you may look at the information there. DO NOT PRESS Esc FROM YOUR KEYBOARD!!!
9. You have started Stage 1, it requires you to kill 20 Hellhounds in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (515,290) after finish hunting.
10. Once you enter the portal, you have started Stage 2, another dialogue window will pop out, and this time it requires you to kill 40 Hellhounds in 20 minutes.
11. Go to the portal at (248,450) after you have finished Stage 2.
12. The portal will translocate you to a ice place with Green Charon, dialogue window will pop out again.

Part II
13. Logout and go back to the NPC at (251,87) in Northern Wanen, this time he will ask for 30 bones of Yeti for exchanging a [Bone of Oblivion]
14. Hunt for the bones at (170,30) in Western Wanen from YELLOW Yeti. (There is a mini spawn area in Northern Wanen as well)
15. Exchange the bones for a [Bone of Oblivion] from the NPC at (251,87) in Northern Wanen, and he will tell you another enchant that enable you to enter the dungeon from Western Wanen.
16. Go to the entrance of Sermenys Dungeon in Western Wanen. Unfortunately, this time you have to travel a long way.
17. Type the enchant "the memory proving existence" while you are standing at the entrance, step back afterwards and get in.
18. Again an instruction dialogue window will pop out, click Enter in the dialogue window. DO NOT PRESS Esc FROM YOUR KEYBOARD!!!
19. You have started Stage 1, it requires you to kill 30 Hellhounds in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (20,286) after finish hunting.
20. Stage 2, it requires you to kill 40 Hellhounds in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (248,445) after finish hunting.
21. Stage 3, it requires you to kill 40 GREEN Hellhounds in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (11,131) after finish hunting.
22. Stage 4, it requires you to kill 40 GREEN Charons in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (224,523) after finish hunting.
23. Stage 5, it requires you to kill 40 GREEN Larvae in 20 minutes, go to the portal at (524,264) after finish hunting.
24. Final Stage, it requires you to defeat Styx in 20 minutes, go to (490,50) and deafeat it.
25. If you have defeated Styx, the item [Cursed Bone] will be added to your inventory automatically.
26. Logout or go to the portal behind Styx and go back to the NPC at (251,87) in Northern Wanen.
27. Congratulations, you have finished this quest, and you will receive your reward.

Tips
1. Bring some [Revival Elixir] for safe reason.
2. Bring enough HP potions!(Bring enough MANA potions for wizards)
3. GREEN Charons are monsters that know the magic [Circle Flame]. If you do not have extra magic resistance, one fireball does about 1800 damage to you.
4. GREEN Larvae are piercing monsters with high melee defence. Better be careful.
5. Styx is a monster that also know the magic [Circle Flame]. About 4000 damage per fireball.
6. GREEN Charons in Stage 4 of Part II will also drop the item [Piece of Seal Stone].
7. When you see the Styx, move near him and when Styx start moving to hit you, go to down like calling him, he will follow you until he cant move more, just hit him and have fun killing whitout get any dammage. (by strong)

Q&A
Q1: Why I cannot talk to the main NPC?
A1: Please type /quest on, or esle you are bugged in the quest.

Q2: Why the dialogue window dod not pop out when I have entered the dungeon?
A2: Please check that if you are on the right place! If yes, wait for a few second, walk around in the entrance, type /quest on as well.

Q3: Why there is no counter counting the number of monsters I have killed when I was in the dungeon?
A3: You have possibly pressed Esc when the first dialogue window pops out after you have entered the dungeon.

Q4: Why I cannot enter the portal in the dungeon?
A4: This is the problem of the portal sensor, walk around the portal and type /quest on and try again.

Q5: What should I do if I failed in the hunting process(disconnected/died) in Part II of the quest when my Bone of Oblivion is already taken away by the system?
A5: Unfortunately you will have to hunt for 30 Yetti Bones and exchange for a Bone of Oblivion again. Before you can talk to the main NPC for exchanging the Bone of Oblivion, you will have to go back to the dungeon first, wait for the dialogue window pop out, it will tell you that you have failed in this part and ask you to go back and talk with the NPC again.
Last edited by skywind on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 am, edited 10 times in total.
Oblivion

DeathToAll

Re: Full Star Crest Quest Guide

Postby DeathToAll » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 am

uweeeeeeeee sweet
FallenMoon
Lv:8x

NorthernStar
Lv : 103
(Y)
YLLSE

Dark_Assassin

Postby Dark_Assassin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:10 am

(Y) nice

amaroassad

Postby amaroassad » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm

all this quests will work ?
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

amaroassad wrote:all this quests will work ?

This is just one quest. This quest always worked. Sigh... they just continue to amaze me...

amaroassad

Postby amaroassad » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:12 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:

This is just one quest. This quest always worked. Sigh... they just continue to amaze me...

have you played in this server?

i mean , in this server ,
i mean , all quests related by skywind.

thanks for the misunderstanding arab

skywind

Postby skywind » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am

amaroassad wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:

have you played in this server?

i mean , in this server ,
i mean , all quests related by skywind.

thanks for the misunderstanding arab

This is a normal server and GMs are working on to remove those parts related to macroing, as well as adding some new feature, so I do not think GMs will remove or change these fair, interesting and important quests, especially the Star Crest one. All these quests are valid in the latest version of DR. If GMs changed them, I will make amendments immediately. Can I answer you question?
Oblivion

KINGNEWBIE

Postby KINGNEWBIE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:30 am

Lovely! :love:
love ever lasting fades away..

amaroassad

Postby amaroassad » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 am

thx sky

ren0s