FAQs (Read this before asking your question!)

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
Moderator02

FAQs (Read this before asking your question!)

Postby Moderator02 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

I died and don’t know how to ress
Until level 21, you can get free ress however when you are level 21 you have to either ask a priest to ress you or goto your nations respective temple. Once in the temple, you have to type a chant. For Yllseans, the chant is “For the name of orem of red rose and justice.” You must type it exactly! For Vyseus and Zyperns, it is “Edelweroi of cosmos and the great storm”

I messed up my stats! How do I fix it?
If you are under level 100 no fret. At level 101 you will get a free stat reset. If you already used the free stat reset, you may purchase a stat reset item from the mall.
Subsequently, if you are still Crossing Class and below, you may pay for a stat reset. To do so, you must first remove all items from your character then type /ability redistribution. Note you must also have the required amount of money in the bank when paying for a stat reset.

What do stats do?
At the present, there’re very little bonuses for strength,dexterity, movp, etc. other than to meet requirements for items. However, the following stats do have bonuses:
Cha: Increase CP and CP regeneration rate
Endu: Increase magic resistance
Int: Decrease magic casting time (Mages)
Wis: Increase divine (Priest)
WS/PS: Increase mana for mages(WS) and divine for priests(PS)

Cha chart:
points 10: max cp 120. cp regain with lvl3 skill 10
points 40: max cp 150. cp regain with lvl3 skill 13
points 90: max cp 200. cp regain with lvl3 skill 15
points 140: max cp 250. cp regain with lvl3 skill 22
points 190: max cp 300. cp regain with lvl3 skill 26
(+50 points into cha each time after 40)

Endu chart: 10 = 1.45% 50 = 7.25% 100 = 14.50% 150 = 21.75% 200 = 29%
(Warrior Thief Archer can have 150 endu (max 152 at d5) Priest can have 200 (max 222) Wizard can have 200 (max 252)

What level can I make my own guild? And how?
You can create your own guild at level 31.
The following steps are required to create your guild:
Step 1: Gather 50 blue signets, you can find them from any monster
Step 2: Go to your nation’s respective guild house and talk to the appropriate NPC
Step 3: After creating your guild (it is actually a temp guild), you must find ten people who are level 31 and above to join your guild
Step 4: After completing step 3, you will need 100 red signets and a guild logo to make your guild official

You may change rank names and guild logo at any time with signets.

How do I quit a guild?
Type /quitting guild or you can also talk to a NPC at your nations respective guild house.

How come I can’t join a new guild because it says I am already in one when I am not?
This is because you recently left a guild. You must relog on all the characters on that account before you can join a new guild.

How do I get skill points to learn skills?
For non magic classes, you can get skill points from using combat skill books which you may get from monsters. Note that magic classes can use the books but will not be able to use the skills. About every 5 levels should allow you to use a new skill book until a certain level.

What is the consequence of PK?
There are only consequences for PK in selected nation maps. They always include towns. Attacking another play in these maps will result in NK points. A single hit from a attack or spell is worth 1 NK point, killing a player is worth 20 NK point. At 5 NK guards will attack you on sight and at 10 NK you may lose items if you die. You do not gain NK for attacking anyone with at least 1 NK point and lastly, you may lose NK by either waiting for 10 minutes real time (decrease NK by 1) or asking a priest to use anthem (decrease 10 NK per spell cast), however anthem will make you lose experience. Please note that it is possible to get -%!

Further, if your NK is below 10 and a player/guard kills you, you will loose the NK and not lose exp. If you have reached the maximum negative EXP, your currently equipped weapon tactic will decrease upon death but will not be affected by anthem. Killing the guard gives the same consequence as killing a player (20NK) but hitting a guard does not give NK.

I messed up my skills! How do I fix it?
There is a quest that can be done to unlearn all the learned skills. The quest requires 2 Sardonyx, 2 Leaf of Blessed, and 2 Books of Enrich Romf. Go to Northern Wanen and talk to the Knight NPC int the top right of the map near the lake. He will unlearn all your skills and refund your skill points (combat skill books don't need to be used again).

I bought the spells but they're not in my spell bar! How do I learn spells?
Right click on a "spellbook" and then memorize the spells desired. As a wizard gains levels, his spell points will increase so that more and higher level spells can be learned. Once the spells are learned, they will appear in the spell bar. Spells can only be memorized once per log in. To memorized spells, relog or go to an Inn and "rest".

What's up with this chat system? Why can't I just type /whisper name like every other game to whisper the people I want to talk too? And how do I talk in party and guild chat?
Not going to lie here, DR's chat system has much to be desired but what it has works for as basic as it is. To type in guild chat, it's a simple matter of tabbing once when your chat is open to bring up the next option, which is guild chat. To whisper, you need to tab twice from 'normal' so that it brings you to an empty box on the left hand side of the chat. This is where you type in the person you want to whispers name. When that's done, tab again and type in the message you want to send followed by enter. After this, so long as you don't whisper 5 other people, their name will be 'saved' in your whisper chat tabs. For party chat, you need to manually type in /to party 'messagehere' to send a message to your party members. Note that you cannot whisper dead people nor can they whisper you back if you yourself are dead. You can also only whisper people from your own nation so if you're starting to play because a friend asked you too, make sure you join his nation.(Yllse/Vyseus/Zypern)

Is there a history for chat?
Yes there is.
Normal chat history: /normal note
Whisper history: /note
Guild chat history: /guild note
Party chat history: /partynote

How do I use combat skills and hotkey spells/skills?
All you have to do now is click on the little box on your right hand side above your Divine/Mana bar. It should be red/orangeish and have a sword across it. This should show you the skills you have learned and that you can select. To hotkey them, hover over the skill you want and hold control + F1 to F8 (this works for both spells and skills), whichever one you want to hotkey it too. This makes selecting skills much easier and convenient. Now, to use your skills, simply select one, right click on the ground, not the monsters. This should give you a green bar with a number at the bottom, this is the amount of charges you have for that skill. Meaning, your next X number of attacks will be with that skill. There are some exceptions to this, such as Poison Nova, but I give you enough credit to figure those out later.

So this guy is asking me to donate and I know I might be expecting alot since it's a donation and everything, but do I really not get anything out of it?
This is because you need to donate a minimum of 500,000 crit to receive bonus Fame from the donations. This is a bit costly for a new player who hasn't had help from older players. However, if you've spent time picking up the items people drop from jobbing and selling them to NPC's, you can afford this quite easily. You can only donate once every 24 hours so the sooner you start, the better.
We are working on FAQs for new players for when server is up. So if you find any mistakes please tell me! And also, please contribute to this list so we can hit the ground running :)

I don't understand the party system Help!
To party someone, you can type "/party -name-" without the quotes or do the following steps:
Step 1: Open party window
Step 2: Go into peace mode, hold ctrl down+hold down left click on the person you wish the party
Step 3: A portrait should appear from step 2, drag this portrait to your party screen and it will add that person to your party.

A party may have a total of 7 people (you included). You may choose to leech EXP / currently equiped weapon EXP / or Spell EXP (magery/orison). You may only leech exp from people who are either 35 levels more or less than you. There is also a cap to wep and spell EXP you may leech depending on your level (more information on caps -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=461)

Elmy

Re: FAQs (Read this before asking your question!)

Postby Elmy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm

I would put "I died and don’t know how to ress" at the top.
Why should I fear Death? If Death is,
I am not, if I am, Death is not. So why
should I fear that which can only exist if
I do not?

Moderator02

Postby Moderator02 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Noted

Thanks,

Mod02

phenol

Postby phenol » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:52 pm

There are only consequences for PK in selected nation maps. They always include towns. Attacking another play in these maps will result in NK points. A single hit from a attack or spell is worth 1 NK point, killing a player is worth 20 NK point. At 5 NK guards will attack you on sight and at 10 NK you may lose items if you die. You do not gain NK for attacking anyone with at least 1 NK point and lastly, you will lose 1 NK point by either waiting for 10 minutes real time or asking a priest to use anthem (decrease 10 per spell cast), however anthem will make you lose experience.

Phenol :mrgreen:

Moderator02

Postby Moderator02 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 pm

phenol wrote:What is the consequence of PK?
There are only consequences for PK in selected nation maps. They always include towns. Attacking another play in these maps will result in NK points. A single hit from a attack or spell is worth 1 NK point, killing a player is worth 20 NK point. At 5 NK guards will attack you on sight and at 10 NK you may lose items if you die. You do not gain NK for attacking anyone with at least 1 NK point and lastly, you will lose 1 NK point by either waiting for 10 minutes real time or asking a priest to use anthem (decrease 10 per spell cast), however anthem will make you lose experience.

Phenol :mrgreen:

Thanks for the information!

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:15 am

There are only consequences for PK in selected nation maps. They always include towns. Attacking another play in these maps will result in NK points. A single hit from a attack or spell is worth 1 NK point, killing a player is worth 20 NK point. At 5 NK guards will attack you on sight and at 10 NK you may lose items if you die. You do not gain NK for attacking anyone with at least 1 NK point and lastly, you may lose NK by you will lose 1 NK point by either waiting for 10 minutes real time or asking a priest to use anthem (decrease 10 per spell cast), however anthem will make you lose experience.

If your NK is below 10 and a player/guard kills you, you will loose the NK and not loose exp. If you have reached the maximum EXP, your currently equipped weapon tactic will decrease upon death but not anthem. Killing the guard gives the same consequence as killing a player (20NK) but hitting a guard does not give NK.

PS: Increase mana for mages and divine for priests

For Wiz, it's called WS and they don't have a PS

I messed up my stats! How do I fix it?
If you are under level 100 no fret. At level 101 you will get a free stat reset. If you already used the free stat reset, you may purchase a stat reset item from the mall.
Subsequently, if you are still Crossing Class and below, you may pay for a stat reset. To do so, you must first remove all items from your character then type /ability redistribution.

/ability redistribution only works if you have the required money deposited into your bank. The free restat at level 100 only activates if the button is pressed. If a player logs out/dc's or doesn't press the button, the restat is missed.

I died and don’t know how to ress
Until level 21, you can get free ress however when you are level 21 you have to either ask a priest to ress you or goto your nations respective temple. Once in the temple, you have to type a chant. For Yllseans, the chant is “For the name of orem of red rose and justice.” You must type it exactly! For Vyseus and Zyperns, it is “Edelweroi of the cosmos and the great storm”

The level 21 or lower res can be done by typing /revival (was removed in DR-Int I believe?) or doing it from the options menu.
How do I get skill points to learn skills?
For non magic classes, you can get skill points from using combat skill books which you may get from monsters. Generally every 5 levels will allow you to use a new book to get an additional skill point.

Magic classes can use skill books, they just cannot learn the skills.

How do I quit a guild?
Type /quitting guild
How come I can’t join a new guild because it says I am already in one when I am not?
This is because you recently left a guild. You must relog on all the characters on that account before you can join a new guild.

Also done by talking to the guild NPC and clicking the button.

Moderator02

Postby Moderator02 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:31 am

Updated information. Thanks LadyPhoenix!

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 am

I messed up my skills! How do I fix it?
There is a quest that can be done to unlearn all the learned skills. The quest requires 2 Sordonyx, 2 Lead of Blessed, and 2 Books of Tephery. Go to Northern Wanen and talk to the Knight NPC int the top right of the map near the lake. He will reset the skill points for you (combat skill books don't need to be used again).
Or the item can be bought from the item mall (???)

Right click on a "spellbook" and then memorize the spells desired. As a wizard gains levels, his spell points will increase so that more and higher level spells can be learned. Once the spells are learned, they will appear in the spell bar. Spells can only be memorized once per log in. To memorized spells, relog or go to an Inn and "rest".

Blaze

Postby Blaze » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:49 am

I'm glad you said that LP. I thought something was wrong with that mess lol.

Moderator02

Postby Moderator02 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:59 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:I messed up my skills! How do I fix it?
There is a quest that can be done to unlearn all the learned skills. The quest requires 2 Sordonyx, 2 Lead of Blessed, and 2 Books of Tephery. Go to Northern Wanen and talk to the Knight NPC int the top right of the map near the lake. He will reset the skill points for you (combat skill books don't need to be used again).
Or the item can be bought from the item mall (???)

Added, Thanks!

Return to “Tips & Tricks”