Warrior Weapons Analysis

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
LadyPhoenix

Warrior Weapons Analysis

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 am

After staring at my warrior weapons chart for a while (I attached it to this post if you want to take a look), I realized how utterly stupid some of the set ups are.

For 1 hand weapons: mace, sword, piercing
Piercing is far superior to mace and sword in attack and equal in defense (due to shield). It's about 10-20 points higher than the other 2 weapons with no stat point difference!

Let's use a level 100 Warrior for example. At level 100, you have 990 points to spend + base points (95 points from STR/DEX/CON) for a total of 1085 Points. Piercing requires 442 STR + 108 DEX for DS weapon (total 550 points) so if you don't add points to anything else, you can have 535 CON. Sword/Mace requires 540 STR + 520 CON (+10DEX which is base stat that can't be changed) for a total of 1070 Points so you can have 15 points left over to add to CON.
Piercing: 442STR 108DEX 535CON
Sword/Mace: 540STR 10 DEX 535CON

As you can see, piercing is better damage for the same stat points BUT at higher levels (D2/D3/D4), you will eventually put points to use Harper Shoes (113DEX 167MOVP) so you'll need DEX anyways! For end-game purposes, Piercing SAVES you 113 stat points! The only downside is the ice laser weapon... but with force legend weapons, no one really uses laser weapons.

For 2 hand weapons: dbl mace, dbl sword, fencing
If you don't take into account the sword and roses skill, dbl mace is far superior to all other double handed weapons. It has about 20 more attack AND defense than double sword. It has about 20 more attack than fencing. PLUS taking into account that double mace has a lightning laser, double sword is USELESS.

Fencing has the exact same stats as double sword (except the dual weapons have defense). The only different is that it has sword and rose so I won't compare fencing to double axe.

For grapple weapon: grapple
Grapple gets it's own category since it's a hybrid of attack + defense and it has it's own lightning skill set. It also saves the user a lot of stat points. I think it's too different from the other weapons to be compared.

What's left? Piercing, Double Mace, Fencing
So far I've made arguments that Sword, Mace, and double sword are underpowered. Let's compaire one hand weapons to two handed weapons. The best one hand weapon would be piercing. The best two hand weapon is double axe. Since 1hand is weak on attack, I'll compare the 1hand weapon + attack mantle vs. the 2hand weapon + defence mantle.

Piercing DS + attack mantle: 214~241 Attack + 34 Defense Average Damage:227.5
2hand Mace DS + Defense mantle: 223~231 Attack + 27 Defense Average Damage:227

Piercing D3 + attack mantle: 256~283 Attack + 41 Defense Average Damage:269.5
2hand Mace D3 + Defense mantle: 273~281 Attack + 34 Defense Average Damage:277

At D3 the average of the 2hand mace surpasses that of the piercing weapon but the max damage of peircing is superior to that of the 2hand mace.

Fencing vs Peircing:
So Piercing is possibly superior to all other weapons at this point (excluding grapple which I can't fairly make a comparison). What about fencing vs. piercing. If you look at attack and defense, then peircing is superior. The problem is, fencers use sword and roses whereas peircing warriors generally use double strike for PvP.

Double strike III: 2 * 80% = 160%
Sword n Roses III: 3 * 60% = 180%

Piercing DS + attack mantle: 214~241 Attack + 34 Defense Average Damage:227.5
Fencing DS + defense mantle: 204~210 Attack + 27 Defense Average Damage:207
Average damage with double strike: 227.5 * 160% = 364 Damage
Average damage with sword n roses: 207 * 180% = 376.6 Damage

Of course, this doesn't take into account the last "bugged" charge of double strike and roses. Of course, the problem with roses is that you don't get to use darkness skills which can be very useful for a warrior.

Conclusion: excluding fencing and grapple which are unique
best 1hander: piercing
best 2hander: double mace

best to worse: (in my opinion)
piercing > 2h mace > 1h mace > 1h sword > 2h sword

[i]NOTE: This doesn't take into account the pure defense (1hand weapon + defence mantle) and pure attack (2hand weapon + attack mantle) builds.
Attachments
warriorweapon.JPG
Last edited by LadyPhoenix on Sat May 22, 2010 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Duran

Re: Warrior Weapons Analysis

Postby Duran » Sat May 22, 2010 1:15 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:After staring at my warrior weapons chart for a while (I attached it to this post if you want to take a look), I realized how utterly stupid some of the set ups are.

For 1 hand weapons: mace, sword, piercing
Piercing is far superior to mace and sword in attack and equal in defense (due to shield). It's about 10-20 points higher than the other 2 weapons. The only sacrifice is 10 stat points. Piercing (STR/DEX) will require 10 more stat points to use compared to sword/mace (STR/CON).

About piercing, it actually does not use 10 stat points more.

Starting stats for warrior (Str: 53, Dex: 10)

Take a look at DS weapons for pike and non grapple weps.

Piercing DS requirements:
442 str
108 dex

Total stats required: (442-53)+(108-10)=487

Others (Excluding con):
540 Str

Total stats required: (540-53)=487

Same with D1-D3 weapons.

As far as I can see excluding the con for other weapons, both would require the same stats and no stat point is wasted, a piercer can get the 520 con required if they wanted to at the same level as other weapons, only difference is piercers can get their base requirements for their weapons much earlier.
PM me if you're interested in RE

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 1:20 am

._. oh wow. I can't believe I overlooked that. I forgot about that base 10DEX. All right thanks a lot. I'll change the guide.

but um... another reason why Piercing is OP! >_<

doctorzais

Postby doctorzais » Sat May 22, 2010 5:35 am

theres clearly something wrong with the D3 Double Sword stats on your spread

on KR DR, it is base damage 275-279 with 14 defense, you have it listed at 249-255 and 0 defense

where are you getting #s from?

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 5:50 am

I got it from the old zybyzy website (which closed now). It has 0 defense because it's effect is +15MOVP.

doctorzais

Postby doctorzais » Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

ok laser Double sword in item mall (which has almost the same stats as D3) also showing 275-279 with 14 def

i dunno if I would call it useless if this were the case, the base damage is almost the same as double mace

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 am

doctorzais wrote:ok laser Double sword in item mall (which has almost the same stats as D3) also showing 275-279 with 14 def

i dunno if I would call it useless if this were the case, the base damage is almost the same as double mace

^
SpyRoS
Spiritus

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 2:52 pm

doctorzais wrote:ok laser Double sword in item mall (which has almost the same stats as D3) also showing 275-279 with 14 def

If you're right and the base damage is 275~279, that's still lower than the damage of double mace. It's just a smaller difference but my statement still holds. Double mace and Double sword would be nearly identical but mace is lightly better in attack so I would still say double sword in useless. Plus laser double sword is ice type which still makes double mace superior with it's lightning defense and fencing's fire defense.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Sat May 22, 2010 5:47 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:

If you're right and the base damage is 275~279, that's still lower than the damage of double mace. It's just a smaller difference but my statement still holds. Double mace and Double sword would be nearly identical but mace is lightly better in attack so I would still say double sword in useless. Plus laser double sword is ice type which still makes double mace superior with it's lightning defense and fencing's fire defense.

As you yourself said, blood lightning is easy to dodge, so it doesn't make much of a difference imo :lol:
Also the weapon descriptions on your website our outdated, example : Hellfire gauntlet gives 14 AC instead of 10 now.
Perhaps D3 Double Sword is also changed?

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Sat May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

bl is easy to dodge? Not really. It's harder to use then fw, for sure, but not easier to dodge. Fact with Fw is that if you stay melee, you will never get more then 3-5 hit, wich won't kill a warrior. But bl can get alot of hit in melee too.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”