About Archer

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
Dragonrajashop

Re: About Archer

Postby Dragonrajashop » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:25 pm

More warriors!
Symtex

caiquetenfen

Postby caiquetenfen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Yes yes also not disagree your opinion symtex .. we need more warrior too, but i play more good on wizard la haha :P

ADVERIC=

Postby ADVERIC= » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:36 pm

archers are good , only need goor rares and and play it very well :go: :go:

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 pm

ADVERIC= wrote:archers are good , only need goor rares and and play it very well :go: :go:

That part is the same with all classes. Where's Xendro when you need him to make a DR facepalm smiley. '-_-

ADVERIC=

Postby ADVERIC= » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:45 pm

täisdibla wrote:
ADVERIC= wrote:archers are good , only need goor rares and and play it very well :go: :go:

That part is the same with all classes. Where's Xendro when you need him to make a DR facepalm smiley. '-_-

not really a thief dc4 dont have to much chance to kill me with ex but an archer dc4 have more opportunity to do it.. also for kill a warrior..

caiquetenfen

Postby caiquetenfen » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Lol .. just out of curiosity what would be good for a set thief then? ^_^ ^_^

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:23 pm

For conventional player
First of all, for both archer and thief the best option for weapon is shining weapong (Polar ice knife or Aura iskra bow)
For a thief, at D3 you could use a d3 knives with rare effect of some sort like life g1 that gives you additional +1500 hit point compared to +15attack +200hp of polar, but it is purely your choice.

The rest 3 items you are wearing, i would recomend following:

Archer
For archer - Force only (g20), attack mantle is only mantle for archer, since it gives white damage , extreme fire lvls increase damage based on white damage.
When you have d4 lvl150 archer with 200+tt , i would use also force+smart+ac including fire bow.
With AC drop your attack/defence capability becomes as effective as a thief but without ability of pepsi.

Thief
Since thief has more AC due to the shield i would give 2 possible choices for a thief
2x Force +1 Ac (better overall defence but weaker vs high amount of physical damage+ac drop)
2x Force +1 Smart (weaker in overall but chance to survive more damage+smart rare can be cheaper to obtain)
1 Force 1AC 1Smart combination would make you as hard to kill as a priest but same time the damage dished out is not enought to effectively kill other classes exept archer.

Other possibilities
If you have low skills for both archer and thief but still want to be effective, you could abuse the CA/Strike rares.
Go with following set
1Smart (armor g7)
1AC (hat g7 or above)
1Strike Dagger (g7 or above)
1CA Shoes (g7 or above)
With enough stat to cast sfd on yourself, it is probably the most effective and least skill demading set.
The problem with that set is that you are unable to kill priest/wizard.

If you have a hard time killing very high hp/ac opponents you have also possiblilty to build a robber/desire set
It will deal additional damage based on chance, your current attack damage , your current hp, and your opponent current hp.
1 Robber 1Force 1Desire for example, it also works a bit as a counter to the CA/Strike set mentioned above.

If archer is called glass cannon then thief would be brass cannon x0,9 - the amount it deals less damage compared to archer

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 am

don't do archer,archer with robber x desire beats ca/st is merely a myth ;s
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

Gaz

Postby Gaz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:50 am

G20 Force Is all I use on Torment

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 pm

mofomaycry wrote:don't do archer,archer with robber x desire beats ca/st is merely a myth ;s

Thomas wrote:If you have a hard time killing very high hp/ac opponents you have also possiblilty to build a robber/desire set
It will deal additional damage based on chance, your current attack damage , your current hp, and your opponent current hp.
1 Robber 1Force 1Desire for example, it also works a bit as a counter to the CA/Strike set mentioned above.

Robber/Desire are quite equal to max force but occasionally you get lucky and deal the killing blow.
Compare these ex damage to ca/strike priest from 1ex and see the difference.

Only times my warrior with CA/Strike/Smart with double hp has died to 1ex is because of Archer with desire.
Survive 9-10k force ex, die 6k desire ex.

Nuff said.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”