Lower Your Ping

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
NorthernStar

Lower Your Ping

Postby NorthernStar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello everybody! hows everyone doing? i found a good way to lower your ping :D i hope you reply the change you had :love:
Now you need to follow this steps:

To start this process, you have to open your "Register-editor" in Windows. You can do this by pressing "Start" and pick the "Run" option. In here you type "regedit"

This will open up the "Registry-editor". You will have to find your way to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CURRENTCONTROLSET -> SERVICES -> TCPIP -> PARAMETERS -> INTERFACES

Then there will be some large hex keys for your actual network adapters. You will need to click on the one that matches your internet adapter [it will show a ton of information containing all your network details, such as your assign DHCP Address and server info].

Once you have identified the correct adapter, you add a new DWORD 32bit named "TcpAckFrequency", and then update its value to 1 by right clicking it.

After this, reboot your PC and log on Aion to find out your new and reduced ping! Share your experience with the rest of us if you've done this neat little trick.

GOOD LUCK! (Y)

Titus

Re: Lower Your Ping

Postby Titus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 am

Looks like my PCwill blow up folowing this guy instructions.... only 1 post the same day he create the account... so extrange... and GM can check this?

Gaz

Postby Gaz » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:58 am

NorthernStar wrote:Hello everybody! hows everyone doing? i found a good way to lower your ping :D i hope you reply the change you had :love:

To start this process, you have to open your "Register-editor" in Windows. You can do this by pressing "Start" and pick the "Run" option. In here you type "regedit"

This will open up the "Registry-editor". You will have to find your way to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CURRENTCONTROLSET -> SERVICES -> TCPIP -> PARAMETERS -> INTERFACES

Then there will be some large hex keys for your actual network adapters. You will need to click on the one that matches your internet adapter [it will show a ton of information containing all your network details, such as your assign DHCP Address and server info].

Once you have identified the correct adapter, you add a new DWORD 32bit named "TcpAckFrequency", and then update its value to 1 by right clicking it.

After this, reboot your PC and log on Aion to find out your new and reduced ping! Share your experience with the rest of us if you've done this neat little trick.

GOOD LUCK! (Y)

KarvinenDR

Postby KarvinenDR » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 am

people use the same thing to reduce lag on WoW

lemonbone

Postby lemonbone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:40 am

sent email to you ISP and say "internet speed so *************** "
hahahahaha

There is some program called "TcpOptimizer" that help optimize your internet quality.
IMpriest

kador

Postby kador » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm

If I'm not wrong, and if I well remember my old Networks class' (wich I failed twice kekeke) Ack is the answer you recieve when you are communicating between two computers, so It would make sense depending on your Adpter default's TcpAckFrequency :greet:
This shouldnt be a rule for everyone, but I believe It may work for most of players. At least, I am sure your pc won't blow. The worst effect it may bring is "nothing happens"...

Edit: after a quick google i found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815230/en-us
Be the change you wanna see to the world.

NorthernStar

Postby NorthernStar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Titus wrote:Looks like my PCwill blow up folowing this guy instructions.... only 1 post the same day he create the account... so extrange... and GM can check this?

lol, my old account got lost, DeathToAll, and for my e-mail of it got block. if your pc blow up? you did something wrong... only effect the connection speed not your cpu... :hmpf:

NorthernStar

Postby NorthernStar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Gaz wrote:
NorthernStar wrote:Hello everybody! hows everyone doing? i found a good way to lower your ping :D i hope you reply the change you had :love:

GOOD LUCK! (Y)

yeah i got this from aion, and i try it on Dr, work fine to me. The website i found it on, had many response of other game play that work good. ^_^

Ipwn_

Postby Ipwn_ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I get an

Error Creating Value
Cannot create value: Error writing to the registry

It may be because this is my school laptop and I have very few permissions...

I'll try it on my desktop at home this weekend

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

From my older gaming times i remember calling your ISP and asking them to turn off Error control decreased overall ping a bit.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”