Fencing Warrior Guide

If you have any question related to the game or want to make a guide, post it here.
LadyPhoenix

Fencing Warrior Guide

Postby LadyPhoenix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am

Fencing is the most unique warrior weapon and the only exception to all other warrior guides. Fencing is NOT a new player friendly weapon. If you're new at warriors, I suggest you use a weapon + shield first and get to know how warriors are used/played before making a fencing warrior. This guide is a reflection of my 6+ years of experience as a fencing warrior (minus some personal secrets ;D). I will be referring to some things from Duran's warrior Guide so please read that for the basics.

[1] Types of Fencers
[2] Weapons
[3] Skills
[4] Stats
[5] Rares
[6] Dual Class
[7] Snow War
[8] PvP/War

[1] Types of Fencers
-Defensive: this is the same thing as a male 2hand sword or 2hand axe. I call this the defensive type because you will get darkness skills and be able to survive better than the other 2 types. Being a defensive fencer means that you have less attack power than 2hand axe but at D1+, you will be able to use the laser fencing weapon. The laser fencing weapon is +50 fire resist. At higher levels, wizards all use firebird, firewave, or blood lightning for PvP. Blood lightning is easy to dodge. Having the +50 fire resist and using mostly AC rares makes a fencer as good at survivability as a shield warrior.
-Offensive: this is my personal preference. Offensive fencers will take lightning, fire and wind skills. This is the maximum attack power out of all types of warriors. Sword and Roses will be able to kill most other players in PvP. Since offensive fencers take wind skills, they will have gust which makes then run faster and be able to catch up to wizards, archers and thiefs that hit from a distance and run away.
-Pepsi: Most people refer to this as “true fencers” because they take advantage of the skills that only fencers can really utilize. The downside is that this type of fencer has very little choice in what skills to choose. Also they are very slow and is very ineffective if the opponent is good at keeping out of range. To be able to be a pepsi fencer, one must be a master of the F9 and F10 hotkeys.

[2]Weapons:
Fencing - the basic weapon of a fencing warrior. High attack but you can't use a shield with it which makes defense lower.
Shield/Parry - if anyone tells you that you don’t need to level parry as a fencer, call them a noob and send them to Yllse. Parry is very important for a fencer in a tight spot. It’s always a good idea to carry a shield around if you’re fighting a stun wizard. Throw the shield on while stunned so you don’t die. Pepsi warriors should always carry a shield so that they can equip the shield while trying to use pepsi. If you’re not focusing on killing, focus on surviving. This is also a good idea for fighting bosses just so that you’re less likely to die. Fencing is offensive. When doing large group battles against a boss, it’s not a bad idea to just take a step back and be a normal tank.
Sword – I would recommend leveling some kind of 1hand weapon to 100 for non-Pepsi fencers. The reason for this is because of the stat requirements. Most 1 hand weapons have the same STR/CON requirements as the fencing sword so fencers can use the higher level weapons of this class. It’s not a bad idea to have a backup plan if there’s too much damage flying around and you just can’t survive without a shield. At least you’ll still do around 4K damage with only 100 sword tactic.
Mace – same as sword
Grapple – no. just no.
Piercing – this is the secondary weapon for Pepsi fencers ONLY. Piercing takes DEX to use so fencers won’t be able to use the higher level piercing weapons until D3+ when you start putting stats for Harper Shoes (167movp shoes). Pike is required to use Pepsi but because of the DEX requirement, the low level pikes won’t be able to do any damage. Pike is only more useful than a sword to a fencer if the fencer has Pepsi.

[3] Skills: all at level 3
Defensive Fencer: Darkness and Wind
Darkness:
-Tybern’s Gift
-Dark Blade (slow)
-Acquire Dark Power
-poison nova
Wind:
-Gust
-Double Strike
Other:
-Stone armor (Earth)
-Lightning Boom (Lightning)
-Pierce Lightning(Lightning)
-Lightning Shield(Lightning)
-xLightning (Lightning)

Offensive Fencer: Lightning, Fire, and Wind
Lightning:
-Pierce Lightning
-Lightning Boom
Fire:
-Bloody Rage
-Sword ‘n Roses
Wind:
-Gust
-Double Strike
Other:
-Lightning Shield (Lightning)
-xLightning (Lightning)
-Charging(Wind)

Pepsi Fencer: Fire and Ice
Fire:
-Bloody Rage
-Sword ‘n Roses
Ice:
-Pepsi Blue
Other:
-Lightning Boom (Lightning)
-Pierce Lightning(Lightning)
-Lightning Shield(Lightning)
-xLightning (Lightning)
-Shark Missile(Ice) *just for fun

[4] Stats
Everyone should have their own unique build. I don’t believe in a “perfect” build or “best” build so I won’t put specific numbers down. I will put down guidelines though. I encourage everyone to try out different builds and see what suits your playing style the most.

Defensive Fencer: max CON. If you plan on PvPing, put enough MOVP to wear Full Plate Boots (at CC), D1 shoes at D1, D2 shoes at D2, and D3 shoes at D3. If you don’t plan to PvP, keeping 14MOVP is enough. Put 40CHA to make it easier to level but CHA is optional since you won’t be a primary damage dealer. The rest will go into STR or ENDU. I recommend STR up until D1 then start putting ENDU at D2.

Offensive Fencer: Put enough STR/CON to use the best weapon for your level. You want at least 59MOVP, more to wear D1/D2/D3 boots. At D2 or D3, you will want to wear Long Shoes. D3 or D4 you should put DEX and MOVP for Harper Shoes. Put 40CHA. At D3+ you can put 90CHA if you have the extra points. For CON and ENDU, put as much as you think you need.

Pepsi Fencer: Put enough STR/CON to use the best weapon for your level, 40CHA, 54MOVP (or higher if you have the extra points). Your first goal is to max CON, then max ENDU, then dump the rest into DEX (for better pike).

[5] Rares
Warriors need many sets of rares. Unlike the other classes that are ok with just 1 set, you’ll need multiple sets for different situations. These are the most BASIC rare types your will need. I’m not listing the more advanced rare types that you can use. Again, I won’t make your character for you. It’s up to you to decide what item to make for each rare type.
Force, AC, Smart, Evasion, Strike and/or Counter Attack.

[6] Dual Class
Lord Knight: The BEST choice for fencing (and most other builds as well). Lord Knight has the AC symbol for defense which is something 2hand weapons lack. It also has accurate! Accurate is actually a very important rare for fencers. Since sword n roses hits 3 times, that’s 3 times the possibility of missing. If you miss 1 of those 3 times, you only do 120% damage! That makes roses pretty bad. Roses is only a great skill if you can land all 3 hits.

Paladin: Not a BAD class. It has AC which is useful although not as much as Lord Knight’s. The resist all symbol is pretty great for fighting wizards (which are pretty strong since fencers don’t have the white AC from a shield). Unfortunately, Basic Resist rares can go through that resist all. Cyc skins is also a bummer for this dual class.

Blade Singer: Same as paladin except it’s got a evasion symbol. Evasion is better than resist all since it makes the spell miss completely. If you really want to dual a magic class, I would say blade singer is better than paladin.

WarMaster/Swashbuckler: Speed + Accurate. You’re going to die. A lot. Really, not very useful symbols. Only pick it to be unique.

To be continued... I'm sick of typing for now.
Last edited by LadyPhoenix on Sat May 22, 2010 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Shayne

Re: Fencing Warrior Guide

Postby Shayne » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 am

Pepsi fencers are not slow and ineffective with fast oponents. The usage of Pepsi defeats the purpose of needing haste ( i assume this is the alternative) because instead of running to your opponents and trying to double/pierce/rose them as they run away, I find it more effective to pepsi them and go in for the kill and eat them up. This of course is very effective with (167 + movp shoes).
Imo Defensive fencer is piece of garbage and if you want to be defensive fencer then you chose wrong weapon. Also, since the damage from Roses is more than double attack, there is not much need for any other skills in the Wind category except Haste (which again is countered by the use of Pepsi). I would add that the REAL disadvantage to using a fencer pepsi or wind is that you lose the use of Tybern ( Double hp - can be very useful in tanking in both pvp and pve), Poison Nova (very effective in taking hp from high defensive classes such as warrior and preists and any other class for that matter), and possible Defood( which i discourage.. but is very annoying in pvp)
(Y)
LP ROX :love:
Zero Tolerance

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

Defense fencer is mainly used for lower levels while you're grinding. I agree it's useless for PvP but if you're just leveling, it's more effective than a normal fencer 'cause you have more defense.

Pepsi fencers are not very useful at CC/D1 because you don't have enough stats to even use 59movp shoes sometimes. If you're talking about end-game build (D3+) then yeah pepsi fencer is better overall but at CC/D1, a good thief/archer/wiz won't let himself get pepsi'ed without speed pots.

I'll go back and revise to add that explanation in ~.~

Personally I like wind because lazy ass people in quest mazes are too stupid to put in keys and in the past they usually dump it on me -_- That and I hate having to spend 10 minutes running to VD.

GeForce

Postby GeForce » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks!!!

AcM

Postby AcM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:10 pm

we waiting for ya LP..your the best.. (Y)

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 pm

updated with skills.

AcM

Postby AcM » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 pm

(Y) :love:

ADVERIC=

Postby ADVERIC= » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 pm

add info about the bugs of firerose ;D