Equal Opportunities

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
pepex

Equal Opportunities

Postby pepex » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 pm

i know this is a team game where each class fits a role in the group, but when it comes to a boss or quest i think all classes should be able to deal with them with more or less the same dificult, mi point here is that is a bit unfair that certain classes can deal alone with quest/boss with ease obtaining for them all the loots while others classes need to be beggin in town for help or have to pay a high price buying the drops, a good example was the star crest quest archer/thieve and may be wizard could do the mission with ease while the other classes only hope to obtain it was to buy it.

skywind

Re: Equal Opportunities

Postby skywind » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:03 pm

pepex wrote:i know this is a team game where each class fits a role in the group, but when it comes to a boss or quest i think all classes should be able to deal with them with more or less the same dificult, mi point here is that is a bit unfair that certain classes can deal alone with quest/boss with ease obtaining for them all the loots while others classes need to be beggin in town for help or have to pay a high price buying the drops, a good example was the star crest quest archer/thieve and may be wizard could do the mission with ease while the other classes only hope to obtain it was to buy it.

I believe all classes can complete Star Crest Quest, but some may with difficulties in low lv. This should be the cost that Priests and Warriors paid for having Life Drain and high HP respectively. There are also some quests, like shining weapon quest, must require a party since the monsters are too strong.
Oblivion

pepex

Postby pepex » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

skywind wrote:I believe all classes can complete Star Crest Quest, but some may with difficulties in low lv. This should be the cost that Priests and Warriors paid for having Life Drain and high HP respectively. There are also some quests, like shining weapon quest, must require a party since the monsters are too strong.

i agree with classes having pros and cons, but this pros and cons should be for pvp or lvling in general, quest and bosses should be equaly dificult for all classes, is a matter of balance, quest and bosses are the ones that drops the best loots as a result of that, classes that have a hard time dealing with them have two option:
1) buy the item: hard to do becouse no one whants crit, most probably they will request secrets,sards,cs or high grade rares items for an exchange.

2)pray for a generous soul to do they quest and bring back the reward :help: .

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:15 pm

but how would u make a quest where a monster needs to be killed doable for priest?
SpyRoS
Spiritus

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Join a guild. Make friends. :?

pepex

Postby pepex » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Tensu wrote:but how would u make a quest where a monster needs to be killed doable for priest?

may be improving some useless skills:

one could be making holy rage ball deal bonus damage to boss/quest type monsters nothing uber but good enought to make it doable, or may be make turn undead hit only 1 time but deal damage based on actual hitpoints say 5-10%

if a monster has 1000 hp (using 10% of remaing hp)
1 hit deals 100 dmg 900hp left
2 hit deals 90 dmg 810hp left
3 hit deals 81 dmg 729hp left
4 hit deals 72 dmg 657hp left

and so on,it would serve as an exelent skill to weak the monster, something similar could be done to war but using one or two of those skills no one use.

ArabianArrow wrote:Join a guild. Make friends. :?

the point i whant to make is that all classes should have the same chance, the idea is to buff war/priest vs boss/quest or nerf the other classes to the point everyone stand a similar chance.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Did star crest quest in NR with my warr. Took the same speed as an archer to kill monsters because I can always kill the one I want but took longer to run around. Priests have chaurisman/aoe that does similar damage as 5tile without magic increase. PRIESTS DON'T LEVEL ORISON. That's why their spell damage sucks. Tell the priests to go level orison and they can be just as much a damage dealer.

Wings and gust skill makes warriors and priests pretty fast. Especially wit 137 or 167 shoes.

Do the quest on a level 100/ tactic 100 warr/archer/thief/priest/wiz and all will be hard. warr/priest will be slow but less likely to die. archer/thief/wiz will die faster but also kill faster.

The only thing that makes thief/archer better at hunting is that they can hit from far away and don't need to tank monsters to kill them. They also have no cast time that can be interrupted unlike priest/wiz. Warriors take a long time to kill something so all the monsters mob them and they get hit a lot more.

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:26 pm

SC quest can be different for the class you use.

Can also add a pve spell for priest, that can only be used for mobs.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Would be nice if the kill count goes down. Like warrior kills 20 isntead of 40.

Priests have plenty of PvE spells -_- Make a blasting/orison priest and see how useful they are. Chaurisman is aoe and spammable and hits everything within a pretty big range. rage light ball is spammable and has range.

Duran

Postby Duran » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Yah it would be nice to adjust the quest for all classes. Thief and archer and mage can do it early on, priest and warriors gna have to take awhile.

Anyway for priests I can't imagine them killing all the SC quest monsters in a row without divine recovery, how much does max rare for that help? Infinite casting? I would say d3 would be a lil better than charis cuz charis u have to stand still and cast it off hit by hit which might be less efficient when youre at worms and theres very few grouped together '-_-
PM me if you're interested in RE

Return to “Suggestions”