Imbalance between thief and archers

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
Arcane

Imbalance between thief and archers

Postby Arcane » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Archers are supposedly to have high physical damage than every other class , sacrificing its defence power and movement speed.

However thieves are obivously a more supreme class in several fields , such as movement speed , AC , being able to slow (pepsi) , invisibility (critical hiding) , and most importantly , thieves do not have to be physically close while it attack its oppenent.

Although Ice armor is a skill available to archer and thieves , it does not conjunct with archer's fire skill ,
makes archer even more vunlerable in pk , also without being able to resist pepsi like thieves do , archers often became an easy prey of other classes.

Thieves can also use a combination of force and distant rares where archers cannot , since multi fire requires you to be physically next to ur oppenent to blast full hits. I know a thief who has similar tt and gear as I do , he is doing 17k damage on DB while I only do 11k. So on most occactions archers are risking a higher chance of getting killed but have a less damage output comparing to thieves, This in my opinion should really be adjusted.

So from what I see is , what archer sacrifices isnt in proportion to its damage.Therefore I think there should be a huge buff either on archer's damage to outstand the class , or adjust a rare system of something like force % damage which only archers can wear to balance out the huge gap between archers and thieves.
Last edited by Arcane on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noeyesee

Re: Imbalance between thief and archers

Postby Noeyesee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:53 pm

The main probleme is yes archer hit harder, HOWEVER:

Thief benifit alot more from distant rare, giving them a huge advantage in dammage. They blast from far, out of danger.

They have it alot easier at making TT, wich mean they always have higher tt, so they get the same dammage. I think a 10% dammage increase for archer is fine.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Well explained.
My opinion is biased as an archer, but I'd like to see someone come up with a good reason why archers should stay like they are now, support (Y)

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 pm

I know a thief who has similar tt and gear as I do , he is doing 17k damage on DB while I only do 11k

Please don't show them your love for me on the forum :O

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:14 pm

You can start by convincing GMNyx that archer's ranged multi shouldn't be weaker than a thief's. :mrgreen:

GMNyx wrote:
Or do you think making it same damage as thief would make archer leveling TOO versatile?

that is the worry yes, specially since archers can dish out more damage by default
we are starting our internal testing and balancing of this feature soon

I personally think it should be higher, if not the same damage. Try to encourage archers in playing a more ranged game. I think it suits them too, seeing as they hit farther than thieves and have nearly no defense to go close up. Not to mention, archers can't get defense points from iceshields why blasting with this ranged multi, thieves can (What can't they do? :cry: ).

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:27 pm

dunno tbh ali. I like the way archer is atm, the probleme to me is the dammage. I think we should boost their dammage of 10% and then see how to goes.

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 pm

I know a thief who has similar tt and gear as I do , he is doing 17k damage on DB while I only do 11k

Who does 17K.. with same tactics as you?

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:
SIGNATURE FIXED YAY!

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm

me

Minipp

Postby Minipp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Noeyesee wrote:me

Prove it.

Thanks,
Minipp :twisted:
SIGNATURE FIXED YAY!

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 pm

A Vigilante with the Ice Knife and force/distant rares. 17k not hard at all. '-_-

Return to “Suggestions”