Imbalance between thief and archers

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
Tensu

Re: Imbalance between thief and archers

Postby Tensu » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 am

fayen wrote:Is that funny to get 1 FBed (archer) ? :/ or getting 2 rosed under SFD ?

i'm sorry, but same happens to u on ur thief... u still die 1 fb and u maybe hv higher ac and all, but u still die half an ex... i dont see monsterx complaining about archer being weak and all, it's all a matter of how u play it. archer atm can already kill any class when they set their minds to it. EVEN those priests with max AC. so u can hv a choise to kill anything, but die easy or not kill everything but die less.
SpyRoS
Spiritus

fayen

Postby fayen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 am

Tensu wrote:
fayen wrote:Is that funny to get 1 FBed (archer) ? :/ or getting 2 rosed under SFD ?

i'm sorry, but same happens to u on ur thief... u still die 1 fb and u maybe hv higher ac and all, but u still die half an ex... i dont see monsterx complaining about archer being weak and all, it's all a matter of how u play it. archer atm can already kill any class when they set their minds to it. EVEN those priests with max AC. so u can hv a choise to kill anything, but die easy or not kill everything but die less.

Funny to 1shot him. Maybe he's crying in his bedroom alone, how could you know that ? :D
And yes, I still sometimes die to 1fb or half of an ex when i'm not sfded, but archer ALWAYS die to an fb or even 2 hits of an ex sometimes. On my guild, some wizzies said that they even did oneshot Jon, so that prove archer has a really weak defence, even though i'm not archer. And btw, ofc archers can kill priests with max AC lol, archers have a little more damage than thief, that's not the point. In mass PK, an archer will run around and Xfire. He'll get killed by thoses curvy FBs, not even supposed to kill them in the first place, or these warriors like jerry that do 13K's or so with double slash on archers. Whereas thief, you need to really aim at them, it's not a curvy FB that'll kill em, or a double slash. If you wanna keep DR a four-class game, it's k. Just a little add could be done to archers so maybe some do it, because thieves are like an improved version of archers.
Zero
Tolerance

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 am

fayen wrote:
Tensu wrote:

Funny to 1shot him. Maybe he's crying in his bedroom alone, how could you know that ? :D
And yes, I still sometimes die to 1fb or half of an ex when i'm not sfded, but archer ALWAYS die to an fb or even 2 hits of an ex sometimes. On my guild, some wizzies said that they even did oneshot Jon, so that prove archer has a really weak defence, even though i'm not archer. And btw, ofc archers can kill priests with max AC lol, archers have a little more damage than thief, that's not the point. In mass PK, an archer will run around and Xfire. He'll get killed by thoses curvy FBs, not even supposed to kill them in the first place, or these warriors like jerry that do 13K's or so with double slash on archers. Whereas thief, you need to really aim at them, it's not a curvy FB that'll kill em, or a double slash. If you wanna keep DR a four-class game, it's k. Just a little add could be done to archers so maybe some do it, because thieves are like an improved version of archers.

^

I don't even know why people are still discussing whether Archers need a buff or not. It's already been decided by the majority. It's just a matter of when GMs will work on it.

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:22 pm

'-_-

fayen

Postby fayen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:17 am

ArabianArrow wrote:'-_-

They waiting you to get 200 TT to implement distant multi for archer, don't worry, it's only a matter of days now :DD
Zero
Tolerance

PuroOsso

Postby PuroOsso » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:19 pm

fayen wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:'-_-

They waiting you to get 200 TT to implement distant multi for archer, don't worry, it's only a matter of days now :DD

(Y)
eat dogs pls, bye.

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Over 2months has passed since this thread was made..
Some feedback about balancing from the GM's would be nice?
Their opinions on the matter.. because the differences were pointed out quite clearly.

Saying that archers are already balanced because, for example Ali is good, is ridiculous.
I have heard that lately.

Also if you take the most popular dual choices (+ac). Thief needs DB skins and archer cyc witch is much harder to get.

I know 5+ dual1 archers from Yllse that dont play anymore.. that number is soon larger..
Getting killed to random firebirds is getting tiresome..

Its not so hard to increase archer base damage of the bow's to the amount other classes gets defencive bonuses from shield (around G5-G6 white ac)
One very nice suggestion would be to make basic resist rare work with archer combat skills (give percentage of chance to negate AC)

Or give atleast some spell resist :help: Even making G5 evasion has little effect.. instead 3x 20k you still get 2x20k damage most of the time..

Karvinen

Postby Karvinen » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Thomas wrote:Or give atleast some spell resist :help: Even making G5 evasion has little effect.. instead 3x 20k you still get 2x20k damage most of the time..

its called resist all, resist blaze, resist lightning

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Please stop pointing out the obvious and lets have a constructive discussion... how much does a g6 fire resist rare help vs 13xtt mage with g20mv and g6-g7 BR?

KINGNEWBIE

Postby KINGNEWBIE » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:06 am

archer players are still fighting, I see ^_^
love ever lasting fades away..

Return to “Suggestions”