Balance Warrior Weapons

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
LadyPhoenix

Balance Warrior Weapons

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 1:50 am

1. Decrease the attack power of Piercing significantly. Piercing warriors save 113Stat points and yet it has very high attack and very high defense. Obviously, it's the most superior weapon for 1hand warriors because it's better in every single way and makes sword/mace obsolete.

2. Increase damage of double sword. Not only does Double axe get a unique skill, but double axe is better in every single way. It has more attack AND defense.

Further arguments/proof found here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3664

Jarlaxle

Re: Balance Warrior Weapons

Postby Jarlaxle » Sat May 22, 2010 2:54 am

There is a rumor that maybe the staff can verify since they can look at the code. The rumor is the double sword is more accurate and swings faster. I have no clue if this is true or not.

But yeah, I'm eagerly awaiting the boost in damage from 2h weapons because Shayne made a very precise post about how piercing is even better then 2h weapons atm (except fencing).

pepex

Postby pepex » Sat May 22, 2010 3:02 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:1. Decrease the attack power of Piercing significantly. Piercing warriors save 113Stat points and yet it has very high attack and very high defense. Obviously, it's the most superior weapon for 1hand warriors because it's better in every single way and makes sword/mace obsolete.

2. Increase damage of double sword. Not only does Double axe get a unique skill, but double axe is better in every single way. It has more attack AND defense.

Further arguments/proof found here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3664

i agree that piercing is op vs the rest of the weapons and that this should be balance, yet i dont think that increasing/decresing damage will be a good solution.

i think that the best solution is to give each weapon some strengh and weakness:

sword: lower damage than other 1h weapons but higher chance of critical
pike: sword damage, chance to ignore physical defence but a big decrease to attack rate
axe: highest damage cant be used with wind skills

as for 2h weapons i still think that the solution is to make earth a 2h only berseker skill tree, filled with huge damage but low survival skills, this will give 2h weapons a use.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 3:19 am

Jarlaxle wrote:The rumor is the double sword is more accurate and swings faster. I have no clue if this is true or not.

swings faster is false. It's been tested and the damage rates seem to be the same. You can even go tests it in game and hit a dummy + take a ss. See how often a damage is shown. As for accurate... I don't think that's true either but I don't think there's a way to test it.

pepex: Each weapon has a different "effect" already. Sword and pike is accurate then the dual weapons are +movp. double mace is +defense.

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Sat May 22, 2010 6:03 am

Piercing save lot of point when you use harper shoes, that's indeed true.

It has been told many time anyway, piercing own any other type of warrior.

Is nerfing piercing the best way to fix it? Not sure yet.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Sat May 22, 2010 6:07 am

I'd just like to see more weapons being used again. Part of the reason piercing is so strong is because of the attack mantles. So many people have asked me "I started with sword, should I change the piercing? Is it the best?" I tell them yes it's the best but at the same time, having a whole server of piercing warriors is so lame...

Higher damage + highest defense + save stats. I think that's just plain OP.

GMSignBreaker

Postby GMSignBreaker » Sat May 22, 2010 6:22 am

This will not be addressed at the moment. However, we will revisit this later in the future.

hakka

Postby hakka » Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm

disallowing piercing warrior to learn wind skill? that might help abit?

Jarlaxle

Postby Jarlaxle » Sun May 23, 2010 7:15 pm

GMSignBreaker wrote:This will not be addressed at the moment. However, we will revisit this later in the future.

Does that include the 2h weapon damage boost and archer damage boost ?

pepex

Postby pepex » Sun May 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Jarlaxle wrote:
GMSignBreaker wrote:This will not be addressed at the moment. However, we will revisit this later in the future.

Does that include the 2h weapon damage boost and archer damage boost ?

or the boost on earth and some of the wind skills?.

Return to “Suggestions”