Balance Warrior Weapons

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
KINGNEWBIE

Re: Balance Warrior Weapons

Postby KINGNEWBIE » Mon May 24, 2010 12:41 am

+1 to this because at the moment every worrior is either pikesmen or fencer, which makes it soooo '-_-

-1 to this because i am using pike ATM, i used double axe on beta and find it's dmg is not much of an advantage to sacrifice shield ..+ the last shield looks awesome.... '-_-
love ever lasting fades away..

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Mon May 24, 2010 12:45 am

KINGNEWBIE wrote:+1 to this because at the moment every worrior is either pikesmen or fencer, which makes it soooo '-_-

that aint true at all...atm onyl half of the warriors in our guild is fencer or pike
SpyRoS
Spiritus

KINGNEWBIE

Postby KINGNEWBIE » Mon May 24, 2010 1:13 am

Tensu wrote:
KINGNEWBIE wrote:+1 to this because at the moment every worrior is either pikesmen or fencer, which makes it soooo '-_-

that aint true at all...atm onyl half of the warriors in our guild is fencer or pike

okay i've exaggerated..but.. u get the idea..
love ever lasting fades away..

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 24, 2010 1:14 am

50% is still a lot for 2 weapons when there's 7 to choose from.

Shayne

Postby Shayne » Mon May 24, 2010 2:02 am

The argument that piercing saves 113 stats is kind of messed up. Nobody is telling you that you HAVE to get harper boots at all. You can simply get 137 movp boots which means piercing saves NO stats. Its all a matter of your own personal build. Using a personal build as an argument to compare server side advantages and disadvantages doesn't seem right.

The only problem with double weapons is that LATER ON in the game, defense is MORE important then offense. With the use of rares such as counter, desire, strike, etc, more people see the use of shield as an advantage. However, think back to .my or to the CN server where the main rares used were AC, FORCE, and MV. Where wizards and thieves used whirling instead of equipping shields. Double sword/ mace was a force to be reckoned with. This community has changed DR in the direction which makes double weapon an illogical choice. GMs did say that they increased double sword/mace damage in order to balance things out again. Grapple is also a great choice of weapon but its just too ugly. If the suggestion of giving it a better look was implemented, I think more people would also choose grapple.

You said part of the reason that Piercing is over powered is because of mantles. I partially agree. I am someone whose against the use of ALL mall items, but the server needs a way to make money so *sigh*.
Zero Tolerance

Noeyesee

Postby Noeyesee » Mon May 24, 2010 2:29 am

Of course, you are not forced to get harper shoes. But let's agree that harper shoes are just better than long shoes, and you will already have the dex, so it make a perfect build.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 am

Well if you calculate your points out for D4+, it's easy to able to have enough stats to use D3 weapons, max con, 137MOVP, and max endu. Then you would still have like 100+ points left over. What to put it in? CHA for more CP. CP is usually not a huge problem for warriors though. WIS/PS for spells. that's a possibility but since spells/skills can't be combined most people don't do it. STR for a tiny bit more damage. In the end most people decide to go for more DEX/MOVP because it's the most beneficial choice.

Jarlaxle

Postby Jarlaxle » Mon May 24, 2010 4:04 am

Shayne wrote:The argument that piercing saves 113 stats is kind of messed up. Nobody is telling you that you HAVE to get harper boots at all. You can simply get 137 movp boots which means piercing saves NO stats. Its all a matter of your own personal build. Using a personal build as an argument to compare server side advantages and disadvantages doesn't seem right.

The only problem with double weapons is that LATER ON in the game, defense is MORE important then offense. With the use of rares such as counter, desire, strike, etc, more people see the use of shield as an advantage. However, think back to .my or to the CN server where the main rares used were AC, FORCE, and MV. Where wizards and thieves used whirling instead of equipping shields. Double sword/ mace was a force to be reckoned with. This community has changed DR in the direction which makes double weapon an illogical choice. GMs did say that they increased double sword/mace damage in order to balance things out again. Grapple is also a great choice of weapon but its just too ugly. If the suggestion of giving it a better look was implemented, I think more people would also choose grapple.

You said part of the reason that Piercing is over powered is because of mantles. I partially agree. I am someone whose against the use of ALL mall items, but the server needs a way to make money so *sigh*.

The only problem is that GMSignbreaker said that modifying warriors isn't going to be looked at and may in the future. That doesn't sound too promising to me at all. So all you have atm is to do the switch like shayne says or have some brass balls and do g10 ac/ac scs/cape and force or w/e rare for 2h weapon and shoe.

BowL

Postby BowL » Mon May 24, 2010 5:13 am

Lets change all the stuff on DragonRaja (Y)

Jarlaxle

Postby Jarlaxle » Mon May 24, 2010 4:08 pm

BowL wrote:Lets change all the stuff on DragonRaja (Y)

Quit being ignnorant. Even shayne agrees that 2h weapons need a boost in power. Especially since at d3 there is very little point damage difference between pike and 2h weapon. There should be a big difference. Just like thief and archer. Offense vs defense.

Return to “Suggestions”