Suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan on 20th June 2018

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
muking

Suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan on 20th June 2018

Postby muking » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 am

This post is opened for us to discuss and give suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan and Thoughts on 20th June 2018 viewforum.php?f=2

Quick Summary:
1. GMs are working on the language packs including CN, KR and Thai in order to boost the server population, so as mentioned by GMTybern, it will remains on the top priorit.
->Good to hear that the multiple language packs are almost finished except the KR version, most of us will agree that it can attract more non-English language based Players to come and Try DRG.

2. Move the server to a new location that provide better connection (lower and more stable ping) for Asian players, but also provides fair connection to other region such as South America.
-> Totally Agree

3. Add a way to boost exp from Lv1 to Lv121 instantly(either a quest or just simply an item) and remove the dual quests and fame request before Dual 3

For the lower priority improvement, I have regularly received some suggestions from the other players mainly in my guild. Also, some suggestions are previously suggested in the forum and the feedback are generally very positive.

1. Agree with Local War rework, Castle War rework and world boss need to be reworked as those events didn't provide much attraction and the rewards weren't good enough to motivate the players to join especially after they are dual 5 (actually most of the loyalty and active players are already d5 or have multiple d5 characters already)
-> eg: The exp given in Castle war is basically not enough to attract d5 players to join. Local war didn't provide much rewards for the winning nation especially when they are d5.

2. More hotkey in order to switch the gear sets.

3. Add a NPC for Combining G rares -> set the NPC only combines all rares from G1 to G5 when we can put enough G1s and sards in our bag, since hand combine G5+ rares is easy and not that time consuming.

4. Add one more Guild Alliance Chat Channel for different guilds in the same alliance to chat in order to make the guild alliance function become more useful.

5. A rework for the reward in Abyss or even Undead as a lot of players don't even have motivation to show up in abyss and UD (only join Big Maze) and they rather to do maps during maze time.
->Consider High maps already have chance to drop D1 LG and the server already full of d1 LGs with good effect (Thanks to the LG rework and all LGs are G8 nowadyas), the rewards itself in Abyss really can't provide much motivation. I agreed that the PK itself can be fun and can motivate the players to join but not the rewards.

6. Regarding hotfixes and Rares/Skills updates, I am not sure how it is, so can't really say much on that to be honest.
Really not sure do those updates and changes in the game fundamental setting a good thing or not especially for boosting the server population?

-> I do heard that some players (especially from Asia), they return to the DragonRaja World because they loved those old memory in the original DR setting.
And I do know that some players left this server because they think that its not the Original DragonRaja anymore and not the DR that they played and loved so much in the old time.
Also, its can be hard for the new player (new to this server) to get started unless we have a good support guide and support system.

Anyway, its always good to keep the players updates in term of future plan and the improvements. :scis:

Not sure anyone will suggest in here but please feel free to suggest it and also for the new event ideas as well if you want. ^_^ :go:

Please stay on topic and don't blaming others, thank you! ^o^
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
Yllse Nameless Guild - Boss
Yllse Nameless Guild - Hell Boss
New AV Club - Champion
SkY CiTY & AV Club & Yllse Nameless Guild & New AV Club - Guild Master
TinGMonArcH & TinG

bminickw

Re: Suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan on 20th June 2018

Postby bminickw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:20 pm

(Y) I'm not typing all my suggestions again. The GMs can go back and read :greet:
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:42 pm

Dear Players,

It is being a long time since GMSignPainter last time announced future plan of DRG and the updates we are looking to. So far not much have been done, players are struggled to know what we are up now. We know we are far behind our schedule, any excuse will not make us look any better, and we deeply feel sorry for our loyalty player base. In order to get the ship back to the board, I am here to make sure letting all of you know what we are planning to do(priority wise) and what is our thought on other updates.

As GMSignPainter mentioned before, we were up on how to boost server population, and this remains on the top priority. Currently we are working on the language packs(CN/KR/Thai) and almost done, but we are still looking for experienced Korean players, with fluent English, to help on the translation. We believe an overall translated client would give a lot comfort for Non-English language based Players. As for the new server location to bring better connection for Asian players, we are still seeking for better host which also provides fair connection to other region especially South America, this could take longer time to sort it out, since we are really limited on certain conditions(budget wise etc). Hopefully we will success on bringing more new bloods to the server, with a proper player base, PVP could be more interesting.

Besides the multiple language client updates, we are also considering how to make the game more friendly for new players. Since this server is quite old comparing all other active servers, new players found out is hard to catch up high end players in term of both level and itemization. To shorten the gap we would like to make new players much easier to level/dual up, we plan to add a way to boost exp from Lv1 to Lv121 instantly(either a quest or just simply an item) and remove the dual quests and fame request before Dual 3, and/or maybe an much much easier way to obtain Dual 1 legends, so the new comers can be Dual 3 with D1 legends super easy in order to stand a chance competing with high end veterans.

There also many other important updates we think is necessary to do, but we put them on lower priority. Those updates including PVP, PVE, and many hotfixes. As PVP part we already have ideas on Local War rework, Castle War rework. And as PVE part we already have ideas on Monster War rework, and a potential world boss rework. Regarding hotfixes we plan to rework whole status system, make every single status more useful, and their cap changes based on what you dual. Also many other small changes on Rares/Skills/Bugs/Legends/Maps/Mobs that I feel necessary to do done(some are from players suggests), you all will see the updates on beta when it comes. I am open to discuss them all on forum(since its easier to stay on topic), to make sure every single changes makes more sense, happy deals.

GMNeria and I will keep making events as usual while GMSignPainter developing the patches. We are looking for new event ideas as well, please feel free to share your ideas with us, and we are happy to reward you on that :)

To Summarize. What we have planned are still on the track, as I detailed above. Once again, we honestly apologize for being so behind on schedule and feel bad for our players to wait so long for the updates. I hope you all understand and positive on what we are doing, please give us time and motivation, we will try our best to get it done as soon as possible.

Thanks and Love,

GMTybern

Dear GMTybern,

I will say a couple things. This priority list is wrong and nothing will change from it. We constantly hear the words "rework" and "ideas" without details. It's only a delay tactic with those type of fluff words. Roadmaps need to be showed to the community with details. How long are we going to hear the same sad stories?

Love,
Popsicle, the Rocket Man.
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

muking

Postby muking » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:55 pm

bminickw wrote:
Dear GMTybern,

I will say a couple things. This priority list is wrong and nothing will change from it. We constantly hear the words "rework" and "ideas" without details. It's only a delay tactic with those type of fluff words. Roadmaps need to be showed to the community with details. How long are we going to hear the same sad stories?

Love,

Agree with you and hopefully the details will be shown to the community and the players in near future.

And we actually have some really decent "ideas or suggestions" which posted in our forum suggestions section quite a while.

In term of the rework that mentioned in my previous post, I will say the rewards for Local War, Castle War, world boss, Abyss and even UD need to be improved in order to attract more players to online and fight for those rewards.
For example, the CW do give EXP, but its just not enough (actually the exp rewards are kinda suck consider the server become higher exp rate in general in term of motivate ppl to join)
-> May be at least double the EXP gain for the winning nation in CW?

For Local war and world boss, its don't have any useful rewards to the d5 players (consider that most active players are d5 already or even have multi d5 characters), d5 players don't need the warpoints and the d5 mats anyway.
-> may be Fame, DF and warpoints or the combination of those three can trade for some items such as maps or rares or LGs or even can be used for gambling?
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
Yllse Nameless Guild - Boss
Yllse Nameless Guild - Hell Boss
New AV Club - Champion
SkY CiTY & AV Club & Yllse Nameless Guild & New AV Club - Guild Master
TinGMonArcH & TinG

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 pm

just a message to the GM team

"come back when you're free"
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

GMTybern
Site Admin

Postby GMTybern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 am

muking wrote:1. Agree with Local War rework, Castle War rework and world boss need to be reworked as those events didn't provide much attraction and the rewards weren't good enough to motivate the players to join especially after they are dual 5 (actually most of the loyalty and active players are already d5 or have multiple d5 characters already)
-> eg: The exp given in Castle war is basically not enough to attract d5 players to join. Local war didn't provide much rewards for the winning nation especially when they are d5.

2. More hotkey in order to switch the gear sets.

3. Add a NPC for Combining G rares -> set the NPC only combines all rares from G1 to G5 when we can put enough G1s and sards in our bag, since hand combine G5+ rares is easy and not that time consuming.

4. Add one more Guild Alliance Chat Channel for different guilds in the same alliance to chat in order to make the guild alliance function become more useful.

5. A rework for the reward in Abyss or even Undead as a lot of players don't even have motivation to show up in abyss and UD (only join Big Maze) and they rather to do maps during maze time.
->Consider High maps already have chance to drop D1 LG and the server already full of d1 LGs with good effect (Thanks to the LG rework and all LGs are G8 nowadyas), the rewards itself in Abyss really can't provide much motivation. I agreed that the PK itself can be fun and can motivate the players to join but not the rewards.

6. Regarding hotfixes and Rares/Skills updates, I am not sure how it is, so can't really say much on that to be honest.
Really not sure do those updates and changes in the game fundamental setting a good thing or not especially for boosting the server population?

-> I do heard that some players (especially from Asia), they return to the DragonRaja World because they loved those old memory in the original DR setting.
And I do know that some players left this server because they think that its not the Original DragonRaja anymore and not the DR that they played and loved so much in the old time.
Also, its can be hard for the new player (new to this server) to get started unless we have a good support guide and support system.

Thanks Ting for the feedback, some of your points I really like as well, will make notes so we know what players thoughts about the improvement. You are always helping (Y)

GMTybern
Site Admin

Postby GMTybern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 am

bminickw wrote:Dear GMTybern,

Love,

Hi Rocket Man, we really think finding a way to boost our population is the priority. I keep seeing players complaining about game content and balance, and what we did in the past never worked out to bring more players back. Dual 5, Treasure map, Symbol rework, LG rework, all of them failed to increasing server population. So we are thinking maybe we could try something to attract Asian players, since their server seem to have much much more population than us.
The language update is suggested by veteran Korean player, and I also asked two Chinese players(players in China) in private, they all think the language barrier is a big problem to start on this server, like many of them dont even know how to register an account. And of course lag is another main reason.

We have notes in our project tasks, GMSP stated before we have to make sure hes coding it for sure then we can show what is the details, before that we can only talk about the brief ideas of how we are thinking first. We do have an internal 2018 roadmap on teamwork notes, I will ask GMSP see what he thought to show it to public, and I am positive on that.

I post it since I feel its necessary we should say to the players who said they are in the darkness, I believe thats at least something to let them know we are not have no plan at all.

GMTybern
Site Admin

Postby GMTybern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 am

mofomaycry wrote:"come back when you're free"

Run away when I want play :party:

alexchoo2004

Postby alexchoo2004 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 am

I know a lot of players able to finish maps easily(without parties) from Low Map to Insane Map. I would like to ask as if it possible to reduce 1 stage of the current monster?

Low map = Goblins (Low maps not only can be obtain in VD, but any monster drop, this will give chance for new players a chance to get and kill them more easy)
Medium = Bear & Etins
High = Original Medium Map Monsters (At least can be clear by all types of characters even a priest, If new player come in at least they can solo for some D1 items if it drops)
Chaos = Original High Map Monsters
Insane = Original Chaos Map Monsters

As the rewards are usually not drop your desirable items. By the way, I come back last year and play we need 45 minutes to clear 1 high maps. We have good items yet it takes too much time and the drops is disappointed. However, we do improved as two characters with 200tt, and 1 only healing (without marco).

I know is a bit unfair for people who hardly use their time to get good gears since it was introduce, but bear in mind most of them use marcos and vmware. Well, I can't say much, because I don't know how to use the marcos and vmware, if I do, I would not suggest this too.

ricky

Postby ricky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm

GMTybern wrote:
Hi Rocket Man, we really think finding a way to boost our population is the priority. I keep seeing players complaining about game content and balance, and what we did in the past never worked out to bring more players back. Dual 5, Treasure map, Symbol rework, LG rework, all of them failed to increasing server population. So we are thinking maybe we could try something to attract Asian players, since their server seem to have much much more population than us.
The language update is suggested by veteran Korean player, and I also asked two Chinese players(players in China) in private, they all think the language barrier is a big problem to start on this server, like many of them dont even know how to register an account. And of course lag is another main reason.

We have notes in our project tasks, GMSP stated before we have to make sure hes coding it for sure then we can show what is the details, before that we can only talk about the brief ideas of how we are thinking first. We do have an internal 2018 roadmap on teamwork notes, I will ask GMSP see what he thought to show it to public, and I am positive on that.

I post it since I feel its necessary we should say to the players who said they are in the darkness, I believe thats at least something to let them know we are not have no plan at all.

If your primary concern is the language packages and finding a host to support Asian players since they are the biggest populous of the server, I really don’t see why you don’t just try and merge with the other Asian server. Seems like there’s so much focus on making things good for the Asian community that you don’t really give a s@#t about trying to increase American and EU population or any other none Asian country for that matter. It also seems the same when non Asian communities ask for changes to the game to help cater for them too (since we are not a majority)

I agree with some of the other comments in terms of your priorities being a little off in terms of importance.

How long have we asked for additional hotkeys for ?

How long have visual bugs been an issue on DR?

Return to “Suggestions”