Suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan on 20th June 2018

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
mofomaycry

Re: Suggestions regarding to GMTybern DRG Future Plan on 20th June 2018

Postby mofomaycry » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm

can't merge ;c
if DRG merge with other Asian server then it had to be p2w, while DRG wants player to grind their ass
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:44 pm

GMTybern wrote:
bminickw wrote:Dear GMTybern,

I will say a couple things. This priority list is wrong and nothing will change from it. We constantly hear the words "rework" and "ideas" without details. It's only a delay tactic with those type of fluff words. Roadmaps need to be showed to the community with details. How long are we going to hear the same sad stories?

Love,
Popsicle, the Rocket Man.

Hi Rocket Man, we really think finding a way to boost our population is the priority. I keep seeing players complaining about game content and balance, and what we did in the past never worked out to bring more players back. Dual 5, Treasure map, Symbol rework, LG rework, all of them failed to increasing server population. So we are thinking maybe we could try something to attract Asian players, since their server seem to have much much more population than us.
The language update is suggested by veteran Korean player, and I also asked two Chinese players(players in China) in private, they all think the language barrier is a big problem to start on this server, like many of them dont even know how to register an account. And of course lag is another main reason.

Actually, the population was fairly good when Dual 5 was released. The problem is staying consistent with content updates. You can't expect players to stick around for a couple years if updates don't happen consistently to keep them motivated to play. Treasure maps were good at first, but again, consistently having updates needs to happen. Treasure maps are a huge grind for very little return. Symbol Rework was overall a good change, but this is not content to keep the players around. Legend Rework was overall a good change, but this is not content to keep the players around. Also, even today, there is still issues with dual classes dropping the same rare type as the set bonus. Achievement system was partially implemented as well, so this is obviously not going to be counted as content either.

Content Content Content!!!! That's the morale of the story here. Players are not quitting because of PING issues. It might be stopping some players to play here, but I guarantee its not the overall problem here.

We have notes in our project tasks, GMSP stated before we have to make sure hes coding it for sure then we can show what is the details, before that we can only talk about the brief ideas of how we are thinking first. We do have an internal 2018 roadmap on teamwork notes, I will ask GMSP see what he thought to show it to public, and I am positive on that.

So this tells me, discussions are still happening, even after all this time. The roadmap was promised to us by GMSignPainter 2 months ago (month after the server cleanup incident).
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

GMTybern
Site Admin

Postby GMTybern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 pm

ricky wrote:If your primary concern is the language packages and finding a host to support Asian players since they are the biggest populous of the server, I really don’t see why you don’t just try and merge with the other Asian server. Seems like there’s so much focus on making things good for the Asian community that you don’t really give a s@#t about trying to increase American and EU population or any other none Asian country for that matter. It also seems the same when non Asian communities ask for changes to the game to help cater for them too (since we are not a majority)

I agree with some of the other comments in terms of your priorities being a little off in terms of importance.

How long have we asked for additional hotkeys for ?

How long have visual bugs been an issue on DR?

What makes you feel we didnt trying to increase NA/EU population. We have advertised many times on our facebook pages, our players have videos uploaded to youtube(thanks). For me it feels like there are just not many NA/EU players around compare to Asia, and thats a fact. We nearly have no competition in western DR servers. If we have as many NA/EU players as CN servers, why would we waste time on that. We are happy to listen any suggestion to increase NA/EU and ofc SA population.
Merging with Asian server is unrealistic. Easy to say but extremely hard to archive with different business mode, server setting, and management issue.

GMTybern
Site Admin

Postby GMTybern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

bminickw wrote:Actually, the population was fairly good when Dual 5 was released. The problem is staying consistent with content updates. You can't expect players to stick around for a couple years if updates don't happen consistently to keep them motivated to play. Treasure maps were good at first, but again, consistently having updates needs to happen. Treasure maps are a huge grind for very little return. Symbol Rework was overall a good change, but this is not content to keep the players around. Legend Rework was overall a good change, but this is not content to keep the players around. Also, even today, there is still issues with dual classes dropping the same rare type as the set bonus. Achievement system was partially implemented as well, so this is obviously not going to be counted as content either.

Content Content Content!!!! That's the morale of the story here. Players are not quitting because of PING issues. It might be stopping some players to play here, but I guarantee its not the overall problem here.

Solid points.
I agree new content is a must to maintain the activity. Will put time on it.

ricky

Postby ricky » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 pm

GMTybern wrote:
ricky wrote:If your primary concern is the language packages and finding a host to support Asian players since they are the biggest populous of the server, I really don’t see why you don’t just try and merge with the other Asian server. Seems like there’s so much focus on making things good for the Asian community that you don’t really give a s@#t about trying to increase American and EU population or any other none Asian country for that matter. It also seems the same when non Asian communities ask for changes to the game to help cater for them too (since we are not a majority)

I agree with some of the other comments in terms of your priorities being a little off in terms of importance.

How long have we asked for additional hotkeys for ?

How long have visual bugs been an issue on DR?

What makes you feel we didnt trying to increase NA/EU population. We have advertised many times on our facebook pages, our players have videos uploaded to youtube(thanks). For me it feels like there are just not many NA/EU players around compare to Asia, and thats a fact. We nearly have no competition in western DR servers. If we have as many NA/EU players as CN servers, why would we waste time on that. We are happy to listen any suggestion to increase NA/EU and ofc SA population.
Merging with Asian server is unrealistic. Easy to say but extremely hard to archive with different business mode, server setting, and management issue.

Ok so stage 1 of marketing for other continents is........wait for it this is going to be good.........................................get GMRoot to do his job

Big

Postby Big » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:36 am

I agree on open server for asia, but also why guys didnt try a SPANISH /PORTUGUESE translation also?

We all know Argentina/Brasil have a considerable population nowadays, and now also can be beneficiated by the new wave of "vintage games".

Maybe you GMs can eplote it by that way. "Old but gold".

DavidLoman

Postby DavidLoman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 am

Decline in population: roughly because of "someone"

muking

Postby muking » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 am

Those Mazes, Local wars, CWs amd World Boss are supposed to be the "regular event" to motivate players and gather us to online regularly to join and fight for the victory and rewards.

However, I would like to say that most of them cannot fulfill their objective - in order to attract players to join. May be only Big maze offer enough motivation in term of the rewards.

The reason belind can be time zone, not enough active players joining, no pvp fun or not worth to join (better hunt maps) or a combination of all of them, however rework or simply improve the rewards of all of those REGULAR EVENTS should be very effective in order to attract our own players to come.and online CONSISTENTLY.
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
Yllse Nameless Guild - Boss
Yllse Nameless Guild - Hell Boss
New AV Club - Champion
SkY CiTY & AV Club & Yllse Nameless Guild & New AV Club - Guild Master
TinGMonArcH & TinG

muking

Postby muking » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 am

Big wrote:I agree on open server for asia, but also why guys didnt try a SPANISH /PORTUGUESE translation also?

We all know Argentina/Brasil have a considerable population nowadays, and now also can be beneficiated by the new wave of "vintage games".

Maybe you GMs can eplote it by that way. "Old but gold".

Personally I believe more options in term of language pack are always welcome, its just nicer and reduce the language barriers for those non english user players.

@Ricky, Merge with other server especially those from CN isn't really possible. I myself do have some experience in some Asian server, the game setting and the "culture of playing" are very different. Don't think most of us (thr current players in DRG) will like it tbh.

Up to now, the discussion stated that 4 Things need to be done:

1. Attract more new players by more language options, Better and more stable ping/connection and make it easier for new comer to catch up.

2. Keep motivating the current players in DRG CONSISTENT by improve/rework those regular event, new content/events

3. Improve the game by fixing the bugs, adding new features that players suggested such as more hot keys, guild alliance chat, rares combination NPC etc

4. Improve the support system, everyone (GMs and Players) should be on the same page and share the latest info and plan together (ideally with details).
More communication especially regarding the suggestions and events content.
SkY CiTY-
AV Club - Doomsday
AV Club - TopOfTheWorld
AV Club - KingOfTheWorld
Yllse Nameless Guild - Boss
Yllse Nameless Guild - Hell Boss
New AV Club - Champion
SkY CiTY & AV Club & Yllse Nameless Guild & New AV Club - Guild Master
TinGMonArcH & TinG

torpedo

Postby torpedo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 pm

hi all i think rename zypern to ching chong will bring many asian population thx

Return to “Suggestions”