Map drop rate

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
bminickw

Re: Map drop rate

Postby bminickw » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Delete maps all together, and add more legends in big maze.

Turn PK on everywhere (including town), and lets make this a real game. (Y)
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

PokeMonG0

Postby PokeMonG0 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 pm

bminickw wrote:Delete maps all together, and add more legends in big maze.

Turn PK on everywhere (including town), and lets make this a real game. (Y)

(Y)nice lets make it
(Y)

Toni

Postby Toni » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm

bminickw wrote:Turn PK on everywhere (including town), and lets make this a real game. (Y)

This :W:
Zero Tolerance
Fayen

mofomaycry

Postby mofomaycry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:55 am

ArabianArrow wrote:Of course there should be a line somewhere. But that line shouldn't be placed by people who don't know basic math. The original rate was set at 5%. Whichever GM came up with that number should be fired and strung up by his balls at the very least.

The stingy GM meme is real :hmpf:

Only g8s and class specific lgs is a good idea but I remember that idea mentioned months ago so I'm going to say no. Eating shit for more months is not cool. Players have endured enough from GMs mistakes. It's time for some compensation and a buff.

The least they can do now is buff the rate WHILE gm works on those "other alternatives" then nerf the rate when your update is ready. You shouldn't make your players endure a shit environment while you take months working on a fix. That's how people quit/take breaks from the game. It's no wonder this GLOBAL server is in a pathetic state. Clown fiesta

:greet: :greet:
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 am

Players have the choice to leave the game anytime they want. So you suffering enough for GM mistakes is also your own fault. There's the door. GMs keep the game going for you, not for themselves. If you can't respect that, then you should be hung by your balls. If you don't like something in a game; then don't do it. Did you miss that in grade 5 too?

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 am

bminickw wrote:Players have the choice to leave the game anytime they want. So you suffering enough for GM mistakes is also your own fault. There's the door. GMs keep the game going for you, not for themselves. If you can't respect that, then you should be hung by your balls. If you don't like something in a game; then don't do it. Did you miss that in grade 5 too?

Aha I knew that little comment would weed out the hidden GM with the exceptional math skills from his hole. Honestly though, how on earth did you think 640k low maps for a d3 legend was a good idea? Your rates were so off that they had to be increased what, 3 times? :lol:

Successful companies: "The customer is always right"
DRG: "If you don't like it, leave"

Explains a lot :lol:

DRG is the only western server and that's pretty much the only reason why a big chunk of players are here. So saying to "leave" or 'go elsewhere' doesn't exactly work in this context. Nice try though :scis:

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Map rates were not meant to be a replacement from the main source of D3 legends which is Big Maze. It was designed to be an additional way to get legends without a timed event. So get it out of your head that the rates are supposed to be super high so you can get D3 legends on a daily basis.

Successful companies also don't give away their product for free, otherwise they will go out of business pretty quickly. Are you a paying customer?

People can still walk away from the game. You've done it before, I have done it before, many of us have done it before.

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:27 pm

bminickw wrote:Map rates were not meant to be a replacement from the main source of D3 legends which is Big Maze. It was designed to be an additional way to get legends without a timed event. So get it out of your head that the rates are supposed to be super high so you can get D3 legends on a daily basis.

Who says buffing the rate will equate to getting d3 legends daily? By that logic, going from 20% to 25% (current rate) means getting d3 legends daily... NEWS FLASH: WE'RE STILL NOT GETTING D3 LEGENDS DAILY. Not even close. If going from 20% to 25% did not make players get d3 legends daily, so why would you think going from 25% to ~30% will?

A common reoccurring theme I've noticed from your posts is that you want things to be extremely hard. But unfortunately, 99% of the players here have to actually do work at their jobs. You're literally one of the 1% of players who spend their whole working day on DR. So maybe TO YOU it might be super easy. I know it's common sense but I'll say it anyway because it seems you aren't grasping the idea. Successful games do not cater to the 1%. Perhaps that's why the rates have been so low considering you seem to have an influence on what the rates should be. What's easy to you is not easy to others. So get it out of your head that the rates are supposed to be super low just so it doesn't become too easy for you while being an unhealthy environment for others.

bminickw wrote:Successful companies also don't give away their product for free, otherwise they will go out of business pretty quickly. Are you a paying customer?

Lol wut? Asking for a buff is not equivalent to companies giving their products away for free. I don't think you could have butchered that analogy any more. A company giving away products for free would be the equivalent of an NPC that gave away maps for free. Asking for a buff would be the equivalent to asking for a discount or price drop, WHICH COMPANIES ALREADY DO. Prices of solar power dropped 25% in the last 5 months. Video cards, drones, calculators have all had price drops to make it EASIER for the consumer. You're basically the 1% sitting at the top of your trump tower telling those companies to keep their prices high because you would still be able to afford it, screwing over everyone else (money being equated to time spent on DR).

GMSP said the original rate was 5%, right? The rate went from 5% to 25%. Did that make things free? No. It made it easier, but not easy. So you need to understand that buffing something does not make it free, nor does it make it easy. It makes it EASIER, but not EASY. Very different.

bminickw wrote:People can still walk away from the game. You've done it before, I have done it before, many of us have done it before.

I just find it ironic you telling me to leave when a little over a year ago you and GMSP were the ones who were convincing me to play again :lol:.

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:48 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:
bminickw wrote:Map rates were not meant to be a replacement from the main source of D3 legends which is Big Maze. It was designed to be an additional way to get legends without a timed event. So get it out of your head that the rates are supposed to be super high so you can get D3 legends on a daily basis.

Who says buffing the rate will equate to getting d3 legends daily? By that logic, going from 20% to 25% (current rate) means getting d3 legends daily... NEWS FLASH: WE'RE STILL NOT GETTING D3 LEGENDS DAILY. Not even close. If going from 20% to 25% did not make players get d3 legends daily, so why would you think going from 25% to ~30% will?

NEWS FLASH: Legend drop rate hasn't changed from 25% since implementation. So what you're wanting is to increase the rate from 25% to 30%? I've never seen you say what the rate "should" be, other than it's too low. Since you have hunted the most maps out of everyone else, maybe you can enlighten us. What would still encourage players to hunt maps, but not quit in the next month once they accomplish their full set?

ArabianArrow wrote:A common reoccurring theme I've noticed from your posts is that you want things to be extremely hard. But unfortunately, 99% of the players here have to actually do work at their jobs. You're literally one of the 1% of players who spend their whole working day on DR. So maybe TO YOU it might be super easy. I know it's common sense but I'll say it anyway because it seems you aren't grasping the idea. Successful games do not cater to the 1%. Perhaps that's why the rates have been so low considering you seem to have an influence on what the rates should be. What's easy to you is not easy to others. So get it out of your head that the rates are supposed to be super low just so it doesn't become too easy for you while being an unhealthy environment for others.

A common reoccurring theme is that you think treasure maps were a replacement on how to get Dual 3 Legends. They were meant to be an additional way to get legends, outside of a timed event that occurs twice a week. This would allow for the "99%" of the players, that can't make it to Big Maze at a certain time of the week, because they either have to work, have a family, or whatever it may be. Not catering to the 1% that you speak of, which this game has done for years, especially when we only had it once a week.

ArabianArrow wrote:
bminickw wrote:Successful companies also don't give away their product for free, otherwise they will go out of business pretty quickly. Are you a paying customer?

Lol wut? Asking for a buff is not equivalent to companies giving their products away for free. I don't think you could have butchered that analogy any more. A company giving away products for free would be the equivalent of an NPC that gave away maps for free. Asking for a buff would be the equivalent to asking for a discount or price drop, WHICH COMPANIES ALREADY DO. Prices of solar power dropped 25% in the last 5 months. Video cards, drones, calculators have all had price drops to make it EASIER for the consumer. You're basically the 1% sitting at the top of your trump tower telling those companies to keep their prices high because you would still be able to afford it, screwing over everyone else (money being equated to time spent on DR).

I'm not going to argue about company ethics with you, when we all know this game (server) isn't treated as a company. If that were the case, GMSignpainter would be able to quit his job and be here full time. It's treated as a hobby, which we should be respectable of, considering he could shut this server down at any moment in time, but instead, we get to enjoy the game, since we all love it. Hence why we always come back, or stick around.

ArabianArrow wrote:GMSP said the original rate was 5%, right? The rate went from 5% to 25%. Did that make things free? No. It made it easier, but not easy. So you need to understand that buffing something does not make it free, nor does it make it easy. It makes it EASIER, but not EASY. Very different.

The original design for maps were as follows:
Low --> Medium (25%), Medium --> High (20%), High --> Chaos (10%), Chaos --> Insane (5%). However, this rate never made it to live server. It only made it to beta server, which players gave their feedback on. Then the rate was changed to 25% for all maps, and there was no other feedback to justify another change. I guess players were happy, or nobody tested in on beta.

Edit: I would also like to add that all maps were changed in terms of difficulty, along with additional items being dropped.

SimpleStupid

Postby SimpleStupid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Keep in mind the treasure map is not only a legend item source, it also has unique rings, gemstones, secrets, job materials, dark signets, checks etc.
However, a litter buff to the drop rate so makes everyone's life easier seems fine to me. Changes are necessary in certain circumstances, we all agree it.
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

Return to “Suggestions”