Map drop rate

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
mofomaycry

Re: Map drop rate

Postby mofomaycry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:56 am

how many time do we have to discuss on this issue, a single lg drop from map doesn't mean the player is 1 step closing to fully complete the set he want, players are going after a complete lg set, not just yell "who say LG's never drop from maps"after seeing a gaunlet, or a g8 accurate armor pcs dropped
I don't have the ability to communicate with retards ;s

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 am

bminickw wrote:NEWS FLASH: Legend drop rate hasn't changed from 25% since implementation. So what you're wanting is to increase the rate from 25% to 30%? I've never seen you say what the rate "should" be, other than it's too low. Since you have hunted the most maps out of everyone else, maybe you can enlighten us. What would still encourage players to hunt maps, but not quit in the next month once they accomplish their full set?

I saw no reason to say what the drop rate should be because the GM made it clear that he had no intention of adjusting it. The first step was to get the GM to acknowledge that the rate could use some adjusting, and then we can discuss what the rate should be. Also, I haven't heard of anyone quitting because they reached their full set, but I have heard of people who quit because the rates were soul crushingly low. There is no game content for players, so all they really have are treasure maps. And when the only thing they have is so poorly designed, they stop doing it -> No longer a reason to login -> Take breaks/quit. Or I guess we should not ask for anything and not criticize poor designs because this server is only a hobby, eh? :lol:

Notice how we haven't seen people complain about gemstones drop rate and rare rings drop rate? It's not a coincidence... it's because those rates are fine :roll:. Sure we get a lot of rings with useless effects, but every now and then good rings will drop. Now as for what the lg rates should be, mewraja/marryland/mofomaycry can help with that. :mrgreen:

bminickw wrote:A common reoccurring theme is that you think treasure maps were a replacement on how to get Dual 3 Legends. They were meant to be an additional way to get legends, outside of a timed event that occurs twice a week. This would allow for the "99%" of the players, that can't make it to Big Maze at a certain time of the week, because they either have to work, have a family, or whatever it may be. Not catering to the 1% that you speak of, which this game has done for years, especially when we only had it once a week.

I don't think treasure maps are a replacement for mazes. I think they're an alternative, which needs to be viable path. Current lg rate from maps is too low and players have voiced their opinion on it for months. Treasure maps shouldn't be some trick to get players to invest all their time into and get nothing out of it. I think of treasure maps as a filler to keep players busy and active while GMSP works on new game content. Keeping the rate low just to buy him more time is kind of a cheap trick :lol:. "Hey guys I know we haven't had any game content for years, so we gave you these treasure maps to keep you busy. Oh and we purposely made the rate extremely low because I don't want you to finish your full sets before d4 legends are out and d5 is released." That's just filthy :hmpf:

bminickw wrote:I'm not going to argue about company ethics with you, when we all know this game (server) isn't treated as a company. If that were the case, GMSignpainter would be able to quit his job and be here full time. It's treated as a hobby, which we should be respectable of, considering he could shut this server down at any moment in time, but instead, we get to enjoy the game, since we all love it. Hence why we always come back, or stick around.

?? Where to even begin...
What does DRG not being a company have anything to do with what I said? Seems you completely missed my point. Whether it's a hobby or company does not change a single thing from my comment. I thought I simplified it enough, but I guess not. Attempt #2:

a) Companies NEED consumers in order to survive. They can't exist without customers.
b) Game servers (company, hobby, project, assignment, WHATEVER YOU CALL IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE ANALOGY) NEED players in order to survive. They would not exist without players.

That's where the phrase 'customer is always right' stems from. They both operate under the same concept and principles so I don't see what DRG not being a company has anything to do with my point. :?

You're wrong in saying that this server isn't treated as a company, which isn't a bad thing. The pioneering companies spent millions of dollars to figure out how to run things successfully, so trying to imitate them is trying to imitate success. Are you implying GMSP should not strive for success because this server is just a hobby?

Is it a company? No. Is it treated like one? Yes. Should it be treated like one? Yes imo.

viewtopic.php?t=2820#p34877
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18874&p=103410&hilit=mistralis#p103410
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24305

Not to mention ticket system, facebook page, website, design/ticket/programming team, etc.

This server closing will not be the end of DR. If this server shuts down, another will open. History can speak for itself.

bminickw wrote:The original design for maps were as follows:
Low --> Medium (25%), Medium --> High (20%), High --> Chaos (10%), Chaos --> Insane (5%). However, this rate never made it to live server. It only made it to beta server, which players gave their feedback on. Then the rate was changed to 25% for all maps, and there was no other feedback to justify another change. I guess players were happy, or nobody tested in on beta.

They're giving their feedback now, and 2 months ago. And 4 months ago :lol:

PS: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18874&hilit=mistralis&start=10#p103452 this was your old account I think? Looking at that post, seems like we're both on the same page. Unless you changed your stance after joining the team :mrgreen:

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:28 am

Please show me where players are complaining about maps. I've only seen 3 players say anything about the rate, which include forums, facebook, and discord. Feedback was great when difficulty of the maps were changed, especially for medium maps.

I guess the 1% of players that have voiced their opinion so far about the rates should be the reason for change? :roll: complaining for months?

Ps: that post was directed towards GMSpherix, which still stands. I also still believe if we had signpainter 100% dedicated, a lot of change could happen. I also understand we need to respect his time and effort he puts in; to allow us to play the game we love. Personally I believe there will not be another server of Dragon Raja that will open of any quality.
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:23 am

Yeah, I figured it would be pointless trying to reason with you. (Y)

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:55 pm

'-_- Great response!! I guess you can't show me where these players have been complaining for months.
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

Return to “Suggestions”