raise cyc skin and db skin drop rate

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
ArabianArrow

Re: raise cyc skin and db skin drop rate

Postby ArabianArrow » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:52 pm

GMSignPainter wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:GM's philosophy is to make DR a lifestyle, not a game. I have free skins if anyone needs

And your philosophy is that everything is doable within a day, despite not knowing anything regarding game dev, nor the GMs personal lives.

Wrong. Changing rates and drop-rates CAN be done within a day, or days at the most.I don't need to know your personal life or game development to know that these rates can be changed instantly. You literally just change a number. No one is asking for you to develop some new system or features. Rates for exp, symbol requirements, fame/dual fame, legends drop rate, maps drop rate, new pits, etc. Hell, you even already have OX daily quests coded yet for some reason you only enable them for events. What are you saving them for, the next life? Stop being stingy. Use what you have. Your players constantly tell you this grind to reach the top is not fun. Not enjoyable. Yet you keep spouting your garbage 'solutions' as so;

GMSignPainter wrote:One easy solution I'd say is, bring your friends to play. That'll increase population and people to train with.

Yes, cuz we all have friends dying to play this 20 year old game. F***ing genius. How about some practical solutions instead? Like treating the problem instead of the symptoms.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably the best developer western DR has had, but you're also probably the worst head GM.

GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Postby GMSignPainter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:28 am

ArabianArrow wrote:
GMSignPainter wrote:And your philosophy is that everything is doable within a day, despite not knowing anything regarding game dev, nor the GMs personal lives.

Wrong. Changing rates and drop-rates CAN be done within a day, or days at the most.I don't need to know your personal life or game development to know that these rates can be changed instantly. You literally just change a number. No one is asking for you to develop some new system or features. Rates for exp, symbol requirements, fame/dual fame, legends drop rate, maps drop rate, new pits, etc. Hell, you even already have OX daily quests coded yet for some reason you only enable them for events. What are you saving them for, the next life? Stop being stingy. Use what you have. Your players constantly tell you this grind to reach the top is not fun. Not enjoyable. Yet you keep spouting your garbage 'solutions' as so;

GMSignPainter wrote:One easy solution I'd say is, bring your friends to play. That'll increase population and people to train with.

Yes, cuz we all have friends dying to play this 20 year old game. F***ing genius. How about some practical solutions instead? Like treating the problem instead of the symptoms.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably the best developer western DR has had, but you're also probably the worst head GM.

Changing most of the rates in this game cannot be done within a day as it requires testing to set a proper value and not f*** up everything. Most of the rate system in this game are huge f*** with lots of depencies (especially the drop rates), meaning if you change one value, it's gonna affect the others. Not to mention we don't just simply edit the main database but go through dev database(s) first and then copy the thing up during a maintenance and version everything, that also takes time. So just as I've said, you talk without knowing.

I agree grinding is not fun and we are currently looking for short term solutions but that cannot be done within a day either.

Also, I don't know why you bring up that old quote to the topic, it's not related to what I've said, nor the topic.

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am

Yea you're right. I guess it does need months ^_^

Good luck

ccy

Postby ccy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 am

ArabianArrow wrote:

Good luck
我劝你日条狗冷静一下 ;)

GMbluefire
Site Admin

Postby GMbluefire » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Yes, it does take months with ONE developer doing EVERYTHING except game design. He takes care of tickets and takes care of coding. He has no obligation to listen to everything you have to say, drop everything he's doing in order to fulfill your wishes. The dude has a full time job and a LIFE. He's an adult that has to take care of himself first. I'm sick and tired of the entitlement you ooze out everytime you open your mouth. We're sorry we can't listen to every one of your suggestions. We wish we had the time to implement everything we want to implement. We're also sorry that some of your suggestions are low priority or not something we want to add or change. And we're sorry you have to be sarcastic even when you're proven wrong and don't know what you're talking about.

Get off your high horse and grow the f up. Almost everyone that plays this game at this point are at least 24+. It's about time to realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your ego, yes?

ccy

Postby ccy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:12 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:
Good luck
我劝你日条狗冷静一下 ;)

bminickw

Postby bminickw » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:39 pm

ccy wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:
Good luck

Why you still hanging around here? :hmpf:
Streaming Dragon Raja Gameplay -- https://www.twitch.tv/bminickwtv

ccy

Postby ccy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 pm

^_^ ^_^long time no see
我劝你日条狗冷静一下 ;)

Metalarg

Postby Metalarg » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:41 pm

GMbluefire wrote:Yes, it does take months with ONE developer doing EVERYTHING except game design. He takes care of tickets and takes care of coding. He has no obligation to listen to everything you have to say, drop everything he's doing in order to fulfill your wishes. The dude has a full time job and a LIFE. He's an adult that has to take care of himself first. I'm sick and tired of the entitlement you ooze out everytime you open your mouth. We're sorry we can't listen to every one of your suggestions. We wish we had the time to implement everything we want to implement. We're also sorry that some of your suggestions are low priority or not something we want to add or change. And we're sorry you have to be sarcastic even when you're proven wrong and don't know what you're talking about.

Get off your high horse and grow the f up. Almost everyone that plays this game at this point are at least 24+. It's about time to realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your ego, yes?

take it easy bro, you are taking to seriusly, theres a difference beetwen a normal player, and one person that represents the staff.

theres a point that GM group say time before about the "Status Quo" of the server and their will of change that "status Quo", Dragon Raja become and old game, more like abandon ware xD, the ratios and the difficulty of the server make a new player become competitive to pk with the old players upon hit 6 months (talking about items only couse the experience its something that learn only by time, thats advatage its something that touch what you touch wont be modify), in those 6 months a new player without help will quit for the lack of ppl to make pts and other things, on yilse for example i am trying to get all new pll that arribe and also veterans that return, but the problem of the amount of persons to mount a propetly party for leveling becomes really anoying.

arabian its not complaining about unreal things, he is complaining about how we can make this game something more atractive to a new player, couse spend 6 months in abandon ware to play ALONE most of the time and go a war or a quest and fight aganist a d4 lvl 150 g10 full tt its pretty RETARDED.

a veteran player have 2 big advatages over a newbie:
- Experience (the most important resourse, and this wont be modify until the new player get experience, some get it fast, some get it slow, thats its the advatage that a veteran will hold for ever)
- Itemization and character (this is the point when i think gm group can work, since its the only bridge that you can modify, the experience of the veteran will be always there, but the itemization and the leveling phase could be reduced)

dont understand me plz, ratios of the server are awesome if server got high population, but atm, we got low population, thats make server have low actraction to new people, and also make that veterans complains about the lack of pk that they expected. i know that GMsingpainter is working on hard on that, and with the maps feature this bridge closer, couse now get sards and leafs become more funny, also if you got lucky you be able to get a good rare ring to trade with others! so its AWESOME!

i am very happy with the work that GMSingPainter is doing recently, he is carry hard the server up, he is becoming more close to the comunity, also with vyseous, and i am so happy with that, and like you say before, its sad that he was alone... i dont know who is his GM GROUP TEAM, but also you say that he makes everything alone... so sad for him being surrounded by useless ppl that only log to fight on forum aganist users but dont be able to give a hand about the game development, and more sad being surrounded by AFK ppl giving feedbacks about a game that they randomly pay atention, i dont know whats your role there Blue fire, but could be awesome know more about you, couse if you ask to any player in game active, or forum, you are nothing more than ONE AFK MORE.

GMbluefire
Site Admin

Postby GMbluefire » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:54 am

I apologize for being hostile. I am more than willing to discuss with people who are genuinely trying to help. Arabianarrow can give useful suggestions, but far more often he will insult GMSP and resort to sarcasm.

As for my specific role? I originally came under for community purposes, but I've transitioned into game design. The legend rework you saw was something initiated by me. I worked on the effects and numbers in collaboration with GMSP. The AC changes was my idea and came from my numbers. Dark signets was my idea. Don't get me wrong, I don't drive game design. What I do is make suggestions, flesh them out, and discuss it with the team and make improvements. I'm not trying to take credit for some of the rework done. But I know how hard it is to make changes to the game because I'm always in discussion with GMSP. I know that it's ridiculous for Arabianarrow to say it's easy to change drop rates because it's something we discussed (dark signets). I think using dark signets is a good example here. Originally we could've just made red and blue signets be turned in for DF. But that makes getting DF trivial because SOME people were hoarding signets anticipating such a move (mimicking some other servers). We decided a new signet would be a better option. It takes more work, but it had the advantage of mitigating some of the negative side effects the alternative would have posed.

There were discussions already on things on experience rates and drop rates in addition to quality of life changes. But please understand that we can't make haphazard changes. Changes require discussion, specifics, testing, and implementation. I will post more on the changes we will be focusing on that will hopefully encourage old players to return. We know that the barriers currently are too high and we will address it. But understand it will take time.

Return to “Suggestions”