Dual 5 Balancing

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
SimpleStupid

Re: Dual 5 Balancing

Postby SimpleStupid » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Make CON and ENDU cap at d4, other stats same as always will be fine.
Wiz already got a lot useless points =/
顺风速上可装逼,逆风回城可挂机 8-)

Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Meketref wrote:
GMSignPainter wrote:We are thinking on this:
-D5 gives the "Dragon Slayer" title
-D5 allows character to wear G5 Symbol.

No stat increase.

Could it possible not to add the title? I don't want to have it, I think it's lame :hmpf:
Also, how would G5 symbol be scaled? Everyone knows the AC symbol is the only one that has a huge hidden bonus in it(+40 instead of 22, what a g4 actually gives). This would benefit in scaling the AC symbol further,but would make useless all the others - it would make the gap between benefits in symbols grow.
I hardly see anyone picking up Grand Wizard, and the ones that do are retarded to be honest...
From the point of view of Game Design, maybe you should tweak all the symbols and bonus a bit more, as roleplay would suggest. For example, what if Warrior + Warrior would give a buff in defensive skills? Wiz + Thief would make haste run faster? Some symbols or class combinations are never used because they are just too shitty for PK, and also for leveling in fact.

Sorry for suggesting something a bit out of topic,got carried away.

I also agree that the current symbol system is clearly favouring AC over other, with a slight exeption of Vigilante. This has been under discussion several times before but i think there wont be any changes to this in near future.

Meketref

Postby Meketref » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I personally want to see the game evolve further... instead of balancing just numbers or details, I really feel the need of new items,new looks,new skills. I know some things are harder to implement and balance than others, but this game has stopped in time for too long :/ It's a great PK game, but you know that once you reach D4 the game is pratically over. You go to war and quests a few times but then get bored of killing the same people for 4 hours.

täisdibla

Postby täisdibla » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 am

Give the AC and Vigilante symbols a smaller increase on G5 than the others. Will balance symbols somewhat. (Y)

Meketref

Postby Meketref » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 pm

My bad,got carried away :P
Last edited by Meketref on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eleval

Postby Eleval » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Meketref wrote:What if the AC would be sapped with this skill? Like, Archers get +AC based on how much -AC he takes off the target. Would increase survivability on 1v1 situations, would give a more potential killing skill vs iceshielded thieves/sfd priests and would make them less suscetible to insta-death.

PS: Would the -AC debuff suggested here be for WHITE ac(counts phys+magic) or only for BLUE ac?

Wrong topic I'm afraid.
OmegaSage
Level 145 - 200 Magery
Eternal Darkness
Zypern

mrlobak

Postby mrlobak » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 am

Toni wrote:
GMSignPainter wrote:We are thinking on this:
-D5 gives the "Dragon Slayer" title
-D5 allows character to wear G5 Symbol.

No stat increase.

Sounds good, imo its the best one from all the suggestions I've heard. :trade:

GD for the 1st suggestion
But for the 2nd one...i just consider...if all class increased by same amount of,let say AC in symbol, is it different from the current situation?

i just can see...harder to kill warrior/priest, D4 wiz can alive when facing 1 xifre/xice(let say 10more AC on the symbol)

But for archer/thief...seems no difference? o.o

thief/archer still die to CA/strike(warrior), still die to 1 LD(priest), same situation when facing spell(wiz)

just a consideration, not really against the suggestion. =]

RETURN

Postby RETURN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 pm

so what is then final decision then?
KILL FOR PEACE

GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Postby GMSignPainter » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Hmmm, I was going for no CON/ENDU and no extra points at D5. But due to the recent changes in the gameplay (AC drop and Damage boost for warrior/thief/archer) I think a CON increase at least would be needed. I am also thinking of a way to not let Wizards getting nerfed by this (since it's already hard for a D4 wizard with max TT and MV to kill a D4 character, can't imagine D5, especially warriors) and also giving a little boost to priests because they got really nerfed with this latest update.

GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Postby GMSignPainter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 am

Alright after lot of brainstorming, I've come up with some ideas.

First every class would get a CON benefit at D5 (and maybe ENDU as well). Also I would like to give a use to LUCK

Also, regarding priests and wizards, to balance them (especially Wizards at D5) I've come up with the following ideas:

Wizard:
- LUCK increases the BR rate, with a maximum of 8% at max LUCK.
- Wizards get a D5 spell called Major Increase Magic which would increase their damage by 80% (Increase Magic increases by 66%)
- The defense rate of twinkle star gets uped to 50% instead of 40%

Priests:
- LUCK decreases their chance of being interrupted while casting.
- Priests get a D5 spell:
Either a spell removing anykind of curse (including AC Drop and Horn of Iceberg) and immunising them from these curse for 15s after the use of the spell. (The spell would have a cooldown of course).
Or either a spell increasing the priests' casting speed for a short period according to his WIS value. (With a cooldown as well)
- 5-10 AC on the staff (this goes as well for Wizards and MAYBE for Archers).

Warriors/Thief/Archers:
- LUCK increases EITHER the attack success rate OR the Critical Rate

Please give me some feedback about this.

Return to “Suggestions”