Idea to improve dual class system

If you have any suggestion in order to make the game better, tell them, they are always welcome.
Silencer

Idea to improve dual class system

Postby Silencer » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Basic premise:

Only mages can raise magery
Only priests can raise orison
Non-warrior classes can only get up to 50 parry (don't know how to address thieves)
Non-thief classes can only get up to 59 movp
Non-archer classes ?

Once you dual into one class, you're stuck dualing into that class until dual 5. You cannot redistribute your stats.

Spells and combat skills are allowed to be used in conjunction: IE no waiting time after casting a protective spell to use a combat skill.

Examples:

Templar dual 1: parry allowed up to 70
Templar dual 2: parry allowed up to 80
Templar dual 3: parry allowed up to 90
Templar dual 4: parry allowed up to 100
Templar dual 5: parry allowed up to 101

Fallen dual 1: movp allowed up to long shoes
Fallen dual 2: movp allowed up to harper shoes
Fallen dual 3: movp allowed up to hide shoes
Fallen dual 4: movp allowed up to heavy shoes
Fallen dual 5: movp allowed up to flying shoes

Paladin dual 1: orison allowed up to regular heal
Paladin dual 2: orison allowed up to SFD
Paladin dual 3: orison allowed up to ?
Paladin dual 4: orison allowed up to ?
Paladin dual 5: orison allowed up to ?

Don't mind me, I'm having fun theorycrafting. Just throwing stuff out there for everyone to munch on.

pepex

Re: Idea to improve dual class system

Postby pepex » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 pm

about the shield on wiz/priest problem i think the solution is make staff worth using it, a permanent cap of 90 could olso help.

paladin: i am not so sure about this one, d1 paladin just to be able to heal dosent worth it at least not to me, same for d2 by then you should be having defensive skills wich wont stack with sfd, considering the feedback i got in another post may be the best idea could be that some basic spells like sfd/heal/phy prot/ice and fire arrow request more stats for war/thieve/archer than they should like 200 wis/int and 180 ps this way getting them will require a real sacrifice of stats that could be used in other needed places like con/str for better weapon/armor or raw hp.
Last edited by pepex on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

masterYU

Postby masterYU » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:10 pm

nice idea, this could balance classes and there wont be problems w/ spellcasters and shield... and overpowered thiefs... warriors would rule it all and i'v would make an archer :D

only didnt like this one >_>

You cannot redistribute your stats.

stat reset at cc is a must.
zero tolerance member.
vyseus ftw!
loading complete.

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:19 pm

Something you need to consider. Warriors is a class in its own league. They don't really need damage to kill. They get most their kills from rares. Counter/strike for archer/thief/warrior. Desire/robber/counter for priest/wiz.

Now imagine they get sfd... They wouldn't die to archer/thief/warrior. Imagine they get anti LD/counter LD. They would dominate priests.

Meh iuno '-_-

grofire

Postby grofire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:01 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:Something you need to consider. Warriors is a class in its own league. They don't really need damage to kill. They get most their kills from rares. Counter/strike for archer/thief/warrior. Desire/robber/counter for priest/wiz.

Now imagine they get sfd... They wouldn't die to archer/thief/warrior. Imagine they get anti LD/counter LD. They would dominate priests.

Meh iuno '-_-

no tnx, this idea makeing wiz and archer lower then thay are now, thief and worear will be crazy strong and prist will be in the middel

ArabianArrow

Postby ArabianArrow » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:50 pm

grofire wrote:
ArabianArrow wrote:Something you need to consider. Warriors is a class in its own league. They don't really need damage to kill. They get most their kills from rares. Counter/strike for archer/thief/warrior. Desire/robber/counter for priest/wiz.

Meh iuno '-_-

no tnx, this idea makeing wiz and archer lower then thay are now, thief and worear will be crazy strong and prist will be in the middel

That is my point. Thanks for not reading my post.

grofire

Postby grofire » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:54 pm

ArabianArrow wrote:
grofire wrote:

Meh iuno '-_-

That is my point. Thanks for not reading my post.

i actoully read ur post, sorry but i didn't understod what u said, was little complex to me :) so i just simplfy it for ppl like me

wertyuio

Postby wertyuio » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:17 pm

i didnt like this... i think this would imbalance all the game... warrior/thief/archer with sfd/z/anti ld as arab said, priests/wiz with tybern ¬¬. also would make some classes less usefull, like what the use of priest if war/thief/archer can buff thenselves..only ress ¬¬.

i like dual system the way it is, dont really see a reason to change it.
at least would need a more complex system, as u said max of 59 movp for non thief classes but to use any d1 shoes u need more then 59 movp...
changing dual system would be something very hard, that surelly would make the need of a wipe for fix bugs or balance things...
Last edited by wertyuio on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Determination that is incorruptible.

Tensu

Postby Tensu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:23 pm

wertyuio wrote:...
i like dual system the way it is, dont really see a reason to change it.

same
SpyRoS
Spiritus

pepex

Postby pepex » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 am

wertyuio wrote:i like dual system the way it is, dont really see a reason to change it.
at least would need a more complex system, as u said max of 59 movp for non thief classes but to use any d1 shoes u need more then 59 movp...
changing dual system would be something very hard, that surelly would make the need of a wipe for fix bugs or balance things...

most of this aims to improve war/thieve/archer when going dual with wiz/priest, you cant say is all right a dual that gives loads of int/wis and ps + divine/mana regen when they are not able to use spells.

may be give them 1 spell when going dual: authority of greates luck for priest dual and Phasing for wiz dual.

Return to “Suggestions”